Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > BRINK

Old 04-10-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
butch_mcface

Question Co-Op Challenges: No Friendly AI?

My buddy and I just bought this game and we were hoping to play through the Challenges together. We figured it was a good way to learn how to play the game before we jump into the campaign.

One problem: When we set up a (edit: ) 2-Player Co-Op Challenge on the Be More Objective level, our other two (hopefully computer-controlled) friendlies never spawn, so it's just the two of us against the five computer-controlled enemies. This is proving to be incredibly difficult to do with just the two of us.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or just missing something? Or is there really no way to do a 2-Player Co-Op Challenge on the Be More Objective level with a full team of friendlies?

Apologies if this has already been covered on this forum. I looked for a similar thread but could not find one.

TL;DR
Is it possible to play a 2-Player Co-Op Challenge with computer-controlled friendlies?

Last edited by butch_mcface: 04-10-2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Needed to make my original question more clear. I'm asking specifically about the "Be More Objective" challenge.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
ONe mOMENT

The challenges scales. You play it single player, your alone, you play it with a friend, its just the 2 of you and the bots get harder the more people you have/more spawn.

The only Friendly bots are in the campaign.
ONe mOMENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #3
butch_mcface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONe mOMENT View Post
The challenges scales. You play it single player, your alone, you play it with a friend, its just the 2 of you and the bots get harder the more people you have/more spawn.

The only Friendly bots are in the campaign.
I've played through all of the challenges in single-player, and I always had three allied bots on the Be More Objective challenge. When we're in 2-Player Co-Op Challenge on this level, there are no friendly bots, but we can see two generic names in addition to our own names on the scoreboard - they just never spawn for some reason.

We're both playing with brand new characters on the first level of the "Be More Objective" challenge, and we cannot beat it. And we're both pretty decent fps players. It seems like if it was scaling it should be a little easier at first? I don't recall any way to select the difficulty on a 2-Player Co-Op Mission, but I could have easily overlooked it I guess...

Last edited by butch_mcface: 04-10-2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: I was wrong about which challenge had friendly bots...
butch_mcface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
butch_mcface

So is there any way to do a 2-Player Co-Op with the allied bots on the Be More Objective challenge?
butch_mcface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
Mystical Siege

I don't think so. Part of the point of the challenges is that you don't have any bot teammates. They're meant to be challenges of your personal playing skill, not as part of a large team. They can be pretty hard at times, and you need to do them to unlock many attachments, unfortunately. I'm sure that if you practice enough, you'll be able to master them though.
Mystical Siege is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > BRINK