Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga

Old 04-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
mayh3m

Question Which to play?

So i am going to play an RPG here in the next little bit. I have copies of The Witcher EE (first game) and this game installed but not yet played. Which game should be first? Anyone played both that can offer an opinion?

I have played and loved TW2 so am leaning towards TWEE. But I hear good things about this one.

mayh3m
Old 04-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Archaic_15

Well I enjoyed the TWEE a large amount when I first played it through. Though it's quite different compared to TW2; combat wise. But overall the story is great, if you can handle the combat then you should enjoy it.

Haven't played much of Divinity 2, though it does take a little while for it to get to any decent point, but both are enjoyable. If anything start whichever one you want to play; or can play, first.

If it was me I'd lean towards The Witcher though.
Archaic_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
Kotep

They're definitely quite different, and TW1 is even different from TW2 so that makes it even more complicated. It's a bit like asking whether you should have a burger or pizza first, there's no real comparison you can draw between which is better than the other. TW1 is a lot more about planning, formulas, and talking to NPCs, while Divinity 2 is more closer to the traditional structure of an older RPG where there's a heavy mix of combat in with questing and exploration--TW1 doesn't have a ton of exploring but that's because it focuses on other things mostly.

So in the end it's completely up to you. Both games have a learning curve to get to a point where things start getting good. Personally I thought it took longer in TW1, but that's just my stupid opinion.
Kotep is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga