Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Super Meat Boy

Old 03-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #61
stereophonical

So didn't they make A LOT of money off SMB? Why isn't there another dev adding the cloud and fixing SMW?
stereophonical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:38 AM   #62
ASecondOpinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereophonical View Post
So didn't they make A LOT of money off SMB? Why isn't there another dev adding the cloud and fixing SMW?
Possibly because of what happened when they got another dev to port it to Mac: it didn't happen and Tommy had to do it himself in half a week.
ASecondOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #63
Karva

It would have been better if they simply stated that they thought they could put in steam cloud support but then realized they couldn't. Then apologize. I think most people would have been fine with that and understanding. Instead it was denied they ever stated the intention to put in SCS. That's where they messed up. Especially since it's easy to locate where and when it was stated. Dumb.

Still, steam cloud support is never coming for SMB. Just like there's never going to be a non-flash version of BoI. We just have to hope they make some better descisions when they start on a new game in the future.
Karva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #64
diHobbes

I'll buy it when it has Steam Cloud.
diHobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #65
StickFigureBB

I remember reading something about Team Meat promising Steam Cloud support back when I purchased Super Meat Boy during the 2010-2011 winter sale. I got up to Hell when school and other games put SMB on the backburner. Since then I've had to reformat my hard drive and reinstalled SMB only to find that my save file up to Hell was completely gone and I would be forced to do all of those levels over again.

So I'm wondering what's up with that and found this thread. That's how you respond to your customers? With a blatant lie about how you "never promised" Steam Cloud? I agree with Karva, had they simply apologized and said they couldn't deliver on that promise back in December 2010, it would have been all right. But to do that, plus all of the other stuff I've read and heard about Team Meat, is just a slap in the face. I won't be purchasing another game from them again.
StickFigureBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #66
Pila987

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickFigureBB View Post
I remember reading something about Team Meat promising Steam Cloud support back when I purchased Super Meat Boy during the 2010-2011 winter sale. I got up to Hell when school and other games put SMB on the backburner. Since then I've had to reformat my hard drive and reinstalled SMB only to find that my save file up to Hell was completely gone and I would be forced to do all of those levels over again.

So I'm wondering what's up with that and found this thread. That's how you respond to your customers? With a blatant lie about how you "never promised" Steam Cloud? I agree with Karva, had they simply apologized and said they couldn't deliver on that promise back in December 2010, it would have been all right. But to do that, plus all of the other stuff I've read and heard about Team Meat, is just a slap in the face. I won't be purchasing another game from them again.
Did you read the whole topic? Team Meat guys said that the game runs fine now but they think that adding Steam cloud could break it. They gave up, if you see it this way.
Development of SMB was tough as nails () and they had to face several unexpected issues. I'm quite sure that a large company like EA could make a more polished game, they have money and tons of people... but I'm quite sure that only Team Meat could make Super Meat Boy. This **** is awesome, forgive the devs and play it, the Hell isn't that hard to reach again.
Pila987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #67
Miraglyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila987 View Post
Did you read the whole topic? Team Meat guys said that the game runs fine now but they think that adding Steam cloud could break it.
More like the game's always been unstable and they worry that touching it at all might tip it over the edge.
Miraglyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #68
Pila987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraglyth View Post
More like the game's always been unstable and they worry that touching it at all might tip it over the edge.
Yes, it's always been unstable but I spent about 100+ hours playing it and it's good after all, I never had big issues.
Pila987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #69
Emmy

Banned
Talk about dev.
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #70
WeeMadBadger

I'm never buying anything from those guys again. I bought it early expecting Mac port to follow. What a scam it was. And the Mac port is half-baked. It works somewhat fine buy has got some serious framerate issues, resolution issues, etc. Ridiculous!

What about controller issue? Didn't they say something like "If we're added controllers it'd break your saves"? Or some other utter BS like that?

Plus, Steam Cloud... For a game like this it is a must! A must!

I'm pretty damn good at programming and to me every excuse those guys have is BS. They've sold a lot of copies, made a lot of money and it's disgraceful allow the game to exist in such horrible state (haven't played Windows port but I presume its somewhat better).
WeeMadBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #71
toco_

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickFigureBB View Post

perfect.

That's exactly what I'm going to do, never gonna buy anything from them.
toco_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Super Meat Boy