Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Source games

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 10-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #31
rushia96

I just have an Asus laptop with an Intel graphics card ( 1.90GHZ, 3 GB RAM) anymore specs required? I just all solutions I could find on the web (the whole dxlevel 81 story...gamebooster...defrag my pc...update my drivers with uniblue software) but nothing helps! I'm getting really desperate of this because I know my laptop CAN run TF2 on decent graphics.

Does anybody have some tips.
Thanks in advance.
rushia96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #32
typtyphus

great, after every update the frame rate gets worse, and the quality setting go lower.
already on max low, and still poor performance.

even ported games play better than this.
typtyphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #33
BakaPhoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushia96 View Post
I just have an Asus laptop with an Intel graphics card ( 1.90GHZ, 3 GB RAM) anymore specs required? I just all solutions I could find on the web (the whole dxlevel 81 story...gamebooster...defrag my pc...update my drivers with uniblue software) but nothing helps! I'm getting really desperate of this because I know my laptop CAN run TF2 on decent graphics.

Does anybody have some tips.
Thanks in advance.
Well this is the mac section XD
Try to find some config file for low end computer, it should help you to have some performance boost
BakaPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #34
typtyphus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaPhoenix View Post
Well this is the mac section XD
Try to find some config file for low end computer, it should help you to have some performance boost
I thought Source thought macs were a tier 1 group
typtyphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #35
Trawz

Regarding the Mac Mic lag/freezing issue, I have stumbled upon one solution and thought I would share...

I would get the mic lag about 8 time out of 10 in CSS. That lead me to almost never use it.

However, I soon discovered if I have Vent(for Mac) running in the background, the mic lag in-game stopped. Vent does not suffer from the Mic lag like Steam does, but running both at the same time fixes the issue in Steam, for me at least.

It's a relatively simple solution for those who are bothered with by it.
I have not tried it in TF2 or other source games, but since they all run off the same source engine as CSS, I believe it will work with other source based games.
Trawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #36
Aivskar

The game is really laggy and crashy for me yet again after this x-mas update.. It seems every major update the Mac version of TF2 takes another performance hit.
Aivskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #37
deadrisen20

I have a late 2009 macbook Intel Core 2 Duo @2.26ghz 4gb ram NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256mb,when i first bought the laptop i had no problems running the games yet about a year later,I started experiencing a major drop in fps before on this laptop on css before i upgraded to 4gb ram,now i sometimes experience the same big drop in fps on some servers.team fortress 2 is mostly unplayable because of the lag(or fps drop) that usually occurs after 15-30 mins gameplay,although team fortress 2 runs no where near as well as css.i've dropped the setting to as low as it can go yet i still get a on and off frame rate drop with 2 seconds of regular fps then a massive drop for 2 seconds,etc.

Last edited by deadrisen20: 03-03-2012 at 06:25 PM.
deadrisen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #38
zeezog

hi eveyone i don't know how to play call of duty and it's not work after i downlod it and also updat it , for 3 days and it's not work ? what's not good . if you have methold or any thing will help me please told me
zeezog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #39
deadrisen20

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezog View Post
hi eveyone i don't know how to play call of duty and it's not work after i downlod it and also updat it , for 3 days and it's not work ? what's not good . if you have methold or any thing will help me please told me
This is not the place for callofduty related subjects I'm sure what your looking for is elsewhere on this forum.
deadrisen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #40
#Aerial

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdail View Post
Dear Friends,
I recently found a USA based website have a PR4, giving a back links from articles.bizworldusa.com, forums.bizworldusa.com and blogs.bizworldusa.com. If you are interested to get a back link try there.

Thank you.

Regards,
<a href="http://www.justdailworld.com"> Justdailworld</a>
Dafuq
#Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #41
Fridolin

When will they fix the lerp?
Fridolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #42
xxmodzz

ty for this
xxmodzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Source games