Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation

Old 04-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
Clippen05

Will I be a able to fit into multiplayer?

From what I've heard, this game's multiplayer is difficult to succeed at, like many rtses. I'd consider myself an average rts player, I can hold my own in Age of Empires 3 but that doesn't count for much I played Company of Heroes and did fairly well online. I also played a little World in Conflict, which is similar to this game, but I wasn't very good at it. I don't want to buy a primarily multiplayer game only to get killed in online matches. Any thoughts on this? Is it noob friendly?
Old 04-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
FericJaggar

You have a good point. I hesitate to buy Wargame for the same reason as you, but as far as I read others threads, noobs like us can play a support role, or turtling for racking point. So answer would be "yes, it's noob friendly", but wait for Danuker, he wrote very good advices on others threads.
FericJaggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
Malteh

It is very easy in this game to keep going fairly well. This game is not about clicking as fast as possible so there is a good amount of time you can spent on actual thinking and learning while playing.
Malteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
Ace Quat

i would say with its slow-paced gameplay and kill-based victory condition, this game's very noob friendly. while you have to rush for resources in other rts games and can spam your enemy to death by churning out new troops, wee will punish you for simply wasting your units against the enemy.

honestly, i am an rts noob myself and i usually just buy a good mix of units in wee, send them to a specific area where they hold the line, let my enemies come close and then destroy them. poor fellas who send their precious tanks into woods will meet my hungry anti-tank infantry which is almost unbeatable in forests unless engaged by flame weaponry.
Ace Quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
Lanky48

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Quat View Post
i would say with its slow-paced gameplay and kill-based victory condition, this game's very noob friendly. while you have to rush for resources in other rts games and can spam your enemy to death by churning out new troops, wee will punish you for simply wasting your units against the enemy.

honestly, i am an rts noob myself and i usually just buy a good mix of units in wee, send them to a specific area where they hold the line, let my enemies come close and then destroy them. poor fellas who send their precious tanks into woods will meet my hungry anti-tank infantry which is almost unbeatable in forests unless engaged by flame weaponry.
What he said!
Lanky48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
danuker

Hmm.

I must admit this game interface is a barrier initially, so it may confuse some newbies with only a passing interest in the game. But once you get past that, the gameplay is reasonably easy to play.

You don't really need high APM and a click fest, but more of a "top level" eye for things. It's not like you're firing off special abilities every now and then, but more of strategically placing your forces.

Furthermore, given that it is on sale now and would be attracting new players, you can always arrange for low level team games on the public game board so you be playing with other new players and enjoy yourself.
danuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
Clippen05

Think I will be getting it then, thanks for the clarifications.
Clippen05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
big_d4ddy

Guys, just jump into multiplayer, there's loads of games for the newbies at the moment, just try out different units & strategies, you will have lots of fun assembling your deck too when you unlock new units.

the game is set at such a good pace that you can setup great defence points or be a hero and charge the enemy bases(not )

Above all, just enjoy it doesn't matter if you lose I promise you, you will still get XP & stars to unlock more units
big_d4ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:23 AM   #9
supamanu

I had my first two MP games today, and barely have the hang of the very basics. I played my first game against a fellow noob and it was very enjoyable. My second game was 3v3 and despite showing up as a level 1 game most players where in the 30+ so I got hammered but at least no one was gloating about it and i didn't get insulted by my team as so often happens in very competitive MP games.

Which is a long winded way of saying that yes, the game is surprisingly noob friendly as far as I can tell.
supamanu is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation