Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2 > Hammer/Modding

Old 01-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
Soniccore

Portal 2.5: Rattman's Run -- [HIRING]

My name is SonicCore, a long time Portal[2] fan and today, I am here to show you one of the best ideas since sliced bread: Portal 2.5: Rattman's Shadows

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need good Designers, Programmers, and Alpha/Beta testers. Portal 2.5, even out of its Beta stage, will always be free to the public!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to join the team? Send an E-Mail to portal3rat@gmail.com with information as such:

What do you want to be:
A. Beta Tester
B. Designer
C. Programmer

Some projects you have worked on:

Background Info:

Anything else I should know:

Additional Info:

Character will include: *COMING SOON*

Storyline: *COMING SOON*

Thanks for checking this out! This post will be updated frequently.

Designers/Programmers:
mrpokemon456 - Music and idea producer.
*UPDATING SOON*

Beta Testers:
*UPDATING SOON*

Features we may add:
1. Actual rattman
2. Return of Wheatly and Space Core.
3. Interaction with Chell and the co-op bots!

Current Information:

Completion: 1%
What We Have Done:
The client [Broken]

Downloads
--
Client: COMING SOON
[PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CLIENT IS STILL 99% BUGGY AND MAY NOT WORK ON YOUR COMPUTER, WE KNOW ABOUT THIS, PLEASE STOP BUGGING US ABOUT IT]

Last edited by Soniccore: 01-01-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:02 AM   #2
Mcfan2

Hooray, a Rattman story!
Mcfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
Hobbax

I heard' u doin nothin http://forums.thinkingwithportals.co...ers-t4997.html
Hobbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #4
spongylover123

Tophattwaffle's already doing this.
And you just canceled fan made portal 3.
Don't start something you can't finish.

Last edited by spongylover123: 01-15-2012 at 07:41 PM.
spongylover123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
frogboy316

So you're basically inviting people to a team that doesn't exist yet, and has done nothing.
frogboy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
mrpokemon456

@spongylover123
we never realy started that and we have only carryed the work over to this project there for we are just starting the same mod diffrent name
@hobbax and fogboy316
we are inviting all because this team is small and we don't realy need a name or anything so... and also we are doing things...LOTS of thing but in small quantites namely the bit that gamers never see (like the concept art ,the script, the trailers <---they see it but not the making of it!)
so we are doing thing! see we do things but you can't really see them in till the mod is done and the way we show it will be diffrent too
i am working hard as well as sonic core building it structure....then like any other mod you build on the basic layer to make it better and better and better!
mrpokemon456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
Powerspell3

Lightbulb I've heard the story line. This is what I think.

Your story line is pretty stupid (no offense) your idea of Chell walking through the wheat field and finding a panel is dumb and not thought through. (BTW I like Portal 3 Fan made Edition better)
The problem with your story is that Wheatley isn't going to fall from space into the facility, the reason why is because they're deeper underground than a falling object could get to. Even if it were a Meteor. Why, or how could there be a portal on a panel in a wheat field? How'd it get there? You'd think if the bots saw a portal that went to outside they'd go through it, or GLaDOS would close it when she realizes it's open. The speech you've made is off and too soon. >>>" oh..ohhhh.. it you again...i did want you gone but now your back..you realy don't lisen do you ..well that a good thing! because i am having troblues with a rat...here come this way(stair go up to a black room) i got something to show you" chell walks up the stairs and looks around the light go out in the room and a film is shown...CCTV footage shows rattman and zooms in and then shows all his files"<<<
that's what I've seen and here's my opinion on what she should say.
"Welcome back, You know that surprise I said that I would give you? Well, here it is. You and me, testing for the rest of your life. all of those other annoying humans in the vault that I had set free, Oh, that's right. You have no idea what humans I am talking about. Never mind that, I have tests to build and you have time to waste so let's get back to work."
And that's what I think she should say. This all starts by Chell hitting a virtual wall that is supposed to look like a huge field but it's all fake. The ground splits and that's how she get's to GLaDOS. (Also Ratman died after the events in Portal 1)
Powerspell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #8
WonderfulLizard

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2275215

In this thread I outlined my own ideas on this kind of subject. (I'm not the OP, by the way, I'm WonderfulLizard.)
WonderfulLizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #9
Lemonosity

Woop woop ideas guy alert.
Lemonosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #10
mrpokemon456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerspell3 View Post
Your story line is pretty stupid (no offense) your idea of Chell walking through the wheat field and finding a panel is dumb and not thought through. (BTW I like Portal 3 Fan made Edition better)
The problem with your story is that Wheatley isn't going to fall from space into the facility, the reason why is because they're deeper underground than a falling object could get to. Even if it were a Meteor. Why, or how could there be a portal on a panel in a wheat field? How'd it get there? You'd think if the bots saw a portal that went to outside they'd go through it, or GLaDOS would close it when she realizes it's open. The speech you've made is off and too soon. >>>" oh..ohhhh.. it you again...i did want you gone but now your back..you realy don't lisen do you ..well that a good thing! because i am having troblues with a rat...here come this way(stair go up to a black room) i got something to show you" chell walks up the stairs and looks around the light go out in the room and a film is shown...CCTV footage shows rattman and zooms in and then shows all his files"<<<
that's what I've seen and here's my opinion on what she should say.
"Welcome back, You know that surprise I said that I would give you? Well, here it is. You and me, testing for the rest of your life. all of those other annoying humans in the vault that I had set free, Oh, that's right. You have no idea what humans I am talking about. Never mind that, I have tests to build and you have time to waste so let's get back to work."
And that's what I think she should say. This all starts by Chell hitting a virtual wall that is supposed to look like a huge field but it's all fake. The ground splits and that's how she get's to GLaDOS. (Also Ratman died after the events in Portal 1)
we respect opinions and creative criticism, and may I remind everyone that they are basic guild-line to the script Words will be or may completely change in the final versions
It been a long time and I am sorry for the lack of post on updates
we also wanted to build a relationship between Glados and Chell to make it seem like they have to depend on each other
Yes Chell has been fight all her time to get out of the lab but being in the world with no Knowledge other then testing for Glados.
we have consider making Chell walk out in to a fake wheat field too and we are still building ideas.
Also may I say that the lab is run from deep underground and! run to the surface( this clash is shown in portal 2 as you enter green lush labs are filled with light! and then you go down in to the "roots" of aperture science)
We also are working on music, new lines and testing maps.
we will also be working on the normal mods differences between A mod and a different game.
If your still reading then I'v basic covered everything I believe I can for now.
and remember Glados is always watching you!
p.s we are still going on with this!!!....so don't just think "oh that a dead mod", it's not dead in till we say it is!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #11
WonderfulLizard

In regards to your messages, what motivation would I have, exactly, to join this? How would I benefit? For that matter, how would you benefit? I'm just another ideas guy. Sure, I might be a BETTER ideas guy, but it's not like I have the ability to actually make the game for you. And I write about things that I care about, and your incoherent posting/writing style has not made me remotely interested. Sorry.
WonderfulLizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #12
mrpokemon456

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderfulLizard View Post
In regards to your messages, what motivation would I have, exactly, to join this? How would I benefit? For that matter, how would you benefit? I'm just another ideas guy. Sure, I might be a BETTER ideas guy, but it's not like I have the ability to actually make the game for you. And I write about things that I care about, and your incoherent posting/writing style has not made me remotely interested. Sorry.
I would not say better...however it ok if you can not join and thank you for relpying
Old 05-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #13
iamgoofball

Is the Beta Tester role basically testing out the maps in the mod?
iamgoofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #14
volcano_fl

I don't know how the subtitle system works, but if you send me a text file with all dialogues, I can translate them into German, so you can make the subtitle files.
volcano_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #15
MistDraft

Before anyone can work for you, can we at least see what YOU did? What were your previous projects?
MistDraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2 > Hammer/Modding