Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sacred series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
Lonadar
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 7
Why can't I buy Sacred 2: Fallen Angel?

I wanted this game, and I can just add it to my Wishlist. There's no Add to Cart option anywhere, nor can I see the prize. Why is this?

Last edited by Lonadar: 01-24-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Lonadar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
Ashurii091
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 5
There are no keys available at this time.
Ashurii091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
held
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Reputation: 533
Posts: 1,539
I would like to purchase this game on Steam.
held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
Capn Tucker
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 43
Posts: 792
Doesn't look like anyone will be able to get it from Steam any time soon. If you really want to play it, I recommend getting the UK version of Sacred 2 Gold either from eBay or one of the euro gaming sites.
Plus, Sacred 2 Gold has the expansion, which will never be seen in the US.
Getting it from Steam for the updates is pointless, because there aren't any. The developer Ascaron is long out of business, and there will never be any further official updates to the game. There IS an extensive community patch available for Sacred 2 Gold however.

Last edited by Capn Tucker: 02-24-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Capn Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
yorshek
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 76
Posts: 295
have last tradable copy of sacred 2
who interested, PM me
yorshek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
KogFU
 
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2012
Reputation: 13
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorshek View Post
have last tradable copy of sacred 2
who interested, PM me
last one in existence eh?
KogFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
yorshek
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 76
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by KogFU View Post
last one in existence eh?
might be)
yorshek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
plughead666
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 1
Quote:
have last tradable copy of sacred 2
who interested, PM me
I doubt it, especially if it was purchased after 12/21/11.

I just tried to play my copy that I purchased on that date and it downloaded and installed just fine. Then I hit Play and it says "failed to contact key server".
plughead666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #9
yorshek
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 76
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by plughead666 View Post
I doubt it, especially if it was purchased after 12/21/11.

I just tried to play my copy that I purchased on that date and it downloaded and installed just fine. Then I hit Play and it says "failed to contact key server".
i bought mine in january 2012 and all works fine
yorshek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #10
marsios
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 5
Posts: 35
If you don't mind buying outside of Steam then the Sacred 2: Gold Edition can be purchased for $19.95 on GamersGate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-S2G/sac...edition-bundle. That is where I purchased my Gold Edition from, as I already have a Steam copy (which I believe is a US version) and an Australian retail copy (which is a UK version).

The reason I bought the Gold Edition from GamersGate is because the Ice & Blood Expansion adds proper Windows 7 support plus extra content, and was far too expensive for me to purchase a retail version of (would have cost around $60 from Amazon, including shipping, as there were never any retail versions sold in Australia).

Last edited by marsios: 05-13-2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Wording, Information
marsios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:27 AM   #11
crimsonassassin
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 1
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsios View Post
If you don't mind buying outside of Steam then the Sacred 2: Gold Edition can be purchased for $19.95 on GamersGate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-S2G/sac...edition-bundle. That is where I purchased my Gold Edition from, as I already have a Steam copy (which I believe is a US version) and an Australian retail copy (which is a UK version).

The reason I bought the Gold Edition from GamersGate is because the Ice & Blood Expansion adds proper Windows 7 support plus extra content, and was far too expensive for me to purchase a retail version of (would have cost around $60 from Amazon, including shipping, as there were never any retail versions sold in Australia).
Would this UK version work without any issues in the US?
crimsonassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:55 AM   #12
Kerrby
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Reputation: 43
Posts: 420
Was interested in buying this but it seems they've run out of keys . It's been this way for a few months so I doubt they'll add more keys again.
Kerrby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #13
Methos_1001
 
Join Date: May 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsios View Post
If you don't mind buying outside of Steam then the Sacred 2: Gold Edition can be purchased for $19.95 on GamersGate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-S2G/sac...edition-bundle. That is where I purchased my Gold Edition from, as I already have a Steam copy (which I believe is a US version) and an Australian retail copy (which is a UK version).

The reason I bought the Gold Edition from GamersGate is because the Ice & Blood Expansion adds proper Windows 7 support plus extra content, and was far too expensive for me to purchase a retail version of (would have cost around $60 from Amazon, including shipping, as there were never any retail versions sold in Australia).
Do you know if the Gold Edition is the UK edition?
Methos_1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #14
Capn Tucker
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 43
Posts: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos_1001 View Post
Do you know if the Gold Edition is the UK edition?
Yes, the gold edition is the UK version. I have the boxed version of it, and it works great. If you get it, the Community Patch is highly recommended. It fixes a lot more bugs and adds a lot of new content as well.
Capn Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
TheMysterD
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Reputation: 10
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Tucker View Post
Yes, the gold edition is the UK version. I have the boxed version of it, and it works great. If you get it, the Community Patch is highly recommended. It fixes a lot more bugs and adds a lot of new content as well.
The problem is trying to actually find a UK copy of Sacred 2: Gold here in the USA...
TheMysterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sacred series


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.