Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 04-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #196
BaSeBallDuDeR

I just paid 10$ bucks to have my GFWL account name changed which is the gamertag so others see you as that while playing online, I didn't think it was fair of them to charge that, but to be able to change your account name on steam i would happily pay 10$ bucks to do that, and I bet others would too
BaSeBallDuDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #197
TheBlessed

I support this strongly!

Bump!
TheBlessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #198
pogicraft

lmao, I support this because I used a really early email and I keep forgetting it
pogicraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #199
Schnoz

I support this. I've talked to support multiple times about changing my login from my very old inactive email address and they keep telling me it's not possible. Well, if other, less advanced companies can do it, then Steam should too. It's rather annoying that they won't even address this issue with everyone. And as someone else said earlier, since they had a security breach, now those hackers have that email address, which they promised me would never happen when I first wanted to get it changed. Thanks Steam.
Schnoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #200
Aemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnoz View Post
I support this. I've talked to support multiple times about changing my login from my very old inactive email address and they keep telling me it's not possible. Well, if other, less advanced companies can do it, then Steam should too. It's rather annoying that they won't even address this issue with everyone. And as someone else said earlier, since they had a security breach, now those hackers have that email address, which they promised me would never happen when I first wanted to get it changed. Thanks Steam.
Which was why they implemented Steam Guards way before the security breach which makes the security of your account bulletproof unless the hackers access it from either a designated (of your choosing) secure device or they obtain access to your e-mail as well.

You're welcome!
Aemony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #201
freddieouh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnoz View Post
I support this idea with two hands, problem is, for this idea goes ahead, we need better and more support.
I dont want to be a wrong here, but look at Origin login change history, before this feature didnt even existed, but when a lot of customers started bombing support with asking for change, they created this feature first on their site then implemented into Origin client.
So the point is, if people want it so much they have to react and fast, not only going to forum and post, because this doesnt change nothing.
freddieouh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #202
cyxceven

Cool

All my support+
cyxceven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #203
Janbiya

I'm amazed that this topic has been here so long, received so much support and has not received even a one-line response from staff. Very sloppy on your part, Valve.

I guess when you're already number one in your field and raking in the dough with exclusive contracts and only half-serious competition, you can afford to be lazy and alienate your customers.

It seems like this has been an outstanding issue for years. I wonder how many customers Valve has already driven away over this with their hostile unresponsiveness.
Janbiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #204
overkill63

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanmat0 View Post
Echoing an ealier thread, I would like to continue discussing the option of changing our Steam Account's name.

Based on Valve's current stance, early adopters of Steam are being punished rather than rewarded in that when they made their accounts, only an email could be used, instead of a username. Most of these users, myself included, have since gone through several email addresses and may not even have access to the one used in their account name.

There is no reasonable justification for this treatment from Valve. If they are so adamant about locking their original supporters to their old emails, then at least let them create a new account and transfer their game titles over.

I, and surely others, would like an official reply on this matter. I think we are owed this as customers and fans.

Please discuss.
Agreed.
overkill63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #205
SoulHarvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill63 View Post
Agreed.
But you don't HAVE to have access to the email account that was used for their username. They just have to remember the username (in this case, the same as an old email address) and password. This is honestly no different than any other account.
SoulHarvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #206
pain699

In Total Support
pain699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:14 AM   #207
GDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janbiya View Post
I'm amazed that this topic has been here so long, received so much support and has not received even a one-line response from staff. Very sloppy on your part, Valve.
They did reply in another thread on the same topic, they went into some detail on why it's not possible right now.

Quote:
Based on Valve's current stance, early adopters of Steam are being punished rather than rewarded in that when they made their accounts
How are you being punished? and how are new people being rewarded? for something both parties are unable to change.
GDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:31 AM   #208
zanmat0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDL View Post
They did reply in another thread on the same topic, they went into some detail on why it's not possible right now.

How are you being punished? and how are new people being rewarded? for something both parties are unable to change.
We're being punished because we gave an early, buggy product a chance and now we're basically f*cked over because the usernames we made are 10 years old. No one could have imagined that in all these years, Valve wouldn't allow a username change, especially for those who supported them in their tenuous beginnings.
zanmat0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:41 AM   #209
GDL

Quote:
We're being punished because we gave an early, buggy product a chance and now we're basically f*cked over because the usernames we made are 10 years old.
Noone can change the account name, people with an account name of an E-mail abide by the same policy for everyone, so no you're not being punsihed for that reason.
GDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:11 AM   #210
zanmat0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDL View Post
Noone can change the account name, people with an account name of an E-mail abide by the same policy for everyone, so no you're not being punsihed for that reason.
Read the rest of my post.
zanmat0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas