Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trapped Dead

Old 04-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
_Nano_

Multi-monitor issue

Hi,

The game seems to run fine for me apart from the fact that it doesn't show up on my main monitor but on the left one (monitor #0).
I looked into the game directory to see if there was a game.config or something but couldn't find anything.

Is there a way to get the game to play on my main screen (short of disabling all the other monitors which is quite a pain).

My system:
Win7 x64
Radeon HD5770
3 monitors

Cheers.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
Swamp_Donk

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Nano_ View Post
Hi,

The game seems to run fine for me apart from the fact that it doesn't show up on my main monitor but on the left one (monitor #0).
I looked into the game directory to see if there was a game.config or something but couldn't find anything.

Is there a way to get the game to play on my main screen (short of disabling all the other monitors which is quite a pain).

My system:
Win7 x64
Radeon HD5770
3 monitors

Cheers.
Windows Key + Shift + left and right arrows I believe.
Swamp_Donk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
_Nano_

Did you try it?
It does work for Windows 7 but doesn't for the game itself.

The annoying head up games intro move does show up on my main screen though.
_Nano_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
Skiptar

Same issue

I'm having the exact same issue with this. I have a multi-monitor setup, with my secondary monitor in portrait which the game insists on running on. The window 7 shortcuts for moving the window does not work, and even changing to window mode results in a frameless game that refuses to recognize the other monitor.
Skiptar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
_Nano_

I tried deactivating the other screens to run the game on a single monitor.
No luck either: it crashes horribly on start up (doesn't even play the head up intro movie).
_Nano_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
Swamp_Donk

Make the game windowed, drag it to the monitor you want to use, then select windowed fullscreen? I think thats how I got it on my middle monitor, and now it defaults to the middle monitor.

If the game doesnt show any gfx after starting because of the huge resolution of multiple monitors, I think to fix that you need to unlink your monitors (EX. run in SLI/xfire instead of surround or eyefinity), switch game to windowed mode, drag to middle monitor, switch to borderless windowed mode, change res to your normal gaming res (You can swap those last two steps) and then reenable Surround/eyefinity. It saves the settings, you dont need to redo it every time you play.

I'll look at the config for resolution options if I find a solution to it crashing on startup on a single monitor

Edit: I dont see any configs for setting resolution or windowed mode in any of the places I'd assume they would be located, so I guess make sure the crash reporter isnt active, since it hangs after the game crashes/force closed since that hinders the game from starting after the first crash, or just restart and try again. -_-

Last edited by Swamp_Donk: 04-15-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Swamp_Donk is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trapped Dead