Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic

Old 04-08-2012, 02:17 AM   #16
Gogeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban360 View Post
Actually sniper does have grenades. I don't know where some people got the idea he doesn't. Sniper has both frag grenades and flashbang grenades. In fact theres not a single class that is grenadeless.

Will you be making this as a meta mod plugin or an amx mod x plugin?
Go figure it's the guy that doesn't know what grenades the sniper has that wants to limit bhop :P
Gogeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:44 AM   #17
urban360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogeta View Post
Go figure it's the guy that doesn't know what grenades the sniper has that wants to limit bhop :P
What do you know... Its the same rude obnoxious guy who don't deserve to live on this planet... Your personality sucks.

EDIT: For the note, My current project isn't to limit bhop. Learn to read.

Last edited by urban360: 04-09-2012 at 11:07 AM.
urban360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:15 AM   #18
aabicus

After pizza helpfully rediscovered pdh_r for me, I spent a few hours playing it with bots, and I remembered just how happy this map used to make me :' )

As an attack/defend map, it also could be Medieval, but it doesn't have any grenade backpacks at all ( I searched the map, if someone knows I'm wrong let me know where the grenades are). To compensate, I'd probably have everyone spawn with a single secondary grenade. No way to get more, this will also allow me to test which style of grenade attribution ( vs. Limited backpacks) works better for the gamestyle.
aabicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #19
Gogeta

I love new things, but at this point there's nothing that can be done to the game that's "new" without drastically modding it. Basically any modding you need to do to the game is going to make it worse.

There's only 1 other person that understands TFC like I do, and he's a good friend of mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWGUoMbv-VA unrivaled movement.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #20
urban360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogeta View Post
I love new things, but at this point there's nothing that can be done to the game that's "new" without drastically modding it. Basically any modding you need to do to the game is going to make it worse.

There's only 1 other person that understands TFC like I do, and he's a good friend of mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWGUoMbv-VA unrivaled movement.
That video implies that TFC is just about conc and bhop. Just like almost all TFC videos out there, It shows TFC in a single aspect. Its more of a look what I can do kind of video which involves little to no PvP encounters and team involvement. TFC needs video that authentically shows TFC's game play instead of show off and game vs game comparison videos that mostly dominates the population of videos relating to TFC on you tube.

P.S. Whats with all these TFC video having mellow tunes for background music? Classical and theatrical music isn't the kind of music that would get people pumped watching it. It like watching a TFC funeral. Its depressing.

Last edited by urban360: 04-13-2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #21
Gogeta

Quote:
That video implies that TFC is just about conc and bhop.
These are major factors. The conc is probably the most unique aspect to TFC. We are showcasing how far you can take the limits of the engine. Note that everything is on capture the flag (and 2 ADL) maps. These could theoretically be done in match play, and would be very useful, except it's not practical to even attempt what's done because it's so incredibly difficult.

Quote:
Just like almost all TFC videos out there, It shows TFC in a single aspect. Its more of a look what I can do kind of video which involves little to no PvP encounters and team involvement.
TFC avi's are supposed to be highlight reels. There's TONS of videos of PvP and team involvement. Team involvement isn't something to showcase because it's the core of the game, it happens every single time anyone ever plays the game. So what gets shown? Plays, highlights. Those are spectacular.

Quote:
TFC needs video that authentically shows TFC's game play instead of show off and game vs game comparison videos that mostly dominates the population of videos relating to TFC on you tube.
They're called match demos. When I want to show someone what TFC is like, I link them these two:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVBILpVdk6I
http://www.own3d.tv/video/11037/Logistica

The first one showcasing some of the best players TFC has to offer. I also show them any of numerous POTWs.

Quote:
P.S. Whats with all these TFC video having mellow tunes for background music? Classical and theatrical music isn't the kind of music that would get people pumped watching it. It like watching a TFC funeral. Its depressing.
Pump up music has been done over and over again, and people don't know how to edit to it the right way. Certain things have certain feels. Trick Jumping is mellow, so we used a mellow song, however you heard classical because of a Youtube audio-swap. We both love classic and it syncs up really really well to the actual video.

DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, DUN DUN DUN dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn pumps me up quite a bit.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #22
aabicus

If we could please stay on topic...

pdh_r's grenade style was fun, but when playing with one playtester we quickly concluded that the close tunnels of the first beachhead section made it damn near impossible for Blue to get through them before MIRV's and nail grenades shredded them to bits.

The playtester recommended adding a civilian to blue who was invincible, but couldn't carry the flag as a drawback. I'm hesitant because that would significantly change the team dynamic. However, it's no fun to get stuck on the first portion of the map, the other two checkpoints are way more fun than the first.

Opinions on the playtesters' recommendation?

(also, I know that 2 players is a horrible playtest, but I can't get anyone else to play with me, so it's all I've got.)
Old 09-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #23
aabicus

Oh, wow! I thought this was deleted!

Well, I'm taking a class in coding, and I hope to one day have the skills to try this out. Until then, any more suggestions?

Updated rules:

--Map is Avanti.
--Only melees and secondary grenades for each class (it wouldn't be TFC without grenades)
--Sniper gets railgun, since he doesn't have grenades
--no buildings or detpacks (or maybe detpacks deal no damage to players, so blue can open the back entrance to church)
--pyro's crowbar ignites enemy players
--demoman's crowbar gains +5 hp, +5 max hp, and +1 speed category per kill, up to four boosts.
--the ammo pack in the church now respawns every 45 seconds and gives grenades, like the one near the first cp.

Last edited by aabicus: 09-12-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #24
Paft

In a trolling mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabicus View Post
[...]Well, I'm taking a class in coding, and I hope to one day have the skills to try this out. Until then, any more suggestions?[...]
Haha...

And Urban, you're such a tard. This is why no one visits Steam forums... because the ones that do are noobs and mongs.

Sorry but had to be said.
Paft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #25
aabicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paft View Post
Haha...
I admit it I have very few skills in this regard. But I do hope to one day learn them. Anyone have advice on how to accomplish this someday?
Old 11-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #26
aabicus

Question!

I'm getting a little more complicated than I originally planned, and now hope to add a bow and arrow into this mode.

Would it be possible to use this skin made for Counter Strike in TFC, to replace the snipe rifle? Don't know if the skin is cross-compatible.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #27
urban360

No. Thats counter strike source not counter strike. Model files from for the source engine use a different .mdl format.

Why not just jump into making the plugin if you are going to make it? Its pretty much been in the planning stage for a year. I doubt you could easily code a projectile weapon considering you didn't notice something as basic as telling the difference between source and gold source. If you can do it my advice is to move on making the plugin now because at the pace this seems to be going it would be at least an other year before you even finish it and by that time there will be even less players in tfc for making such a plugin to be worth while.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #28
The-Terryer

Quote:
Actually sniper does have grenades. I don't know where some people got the idea he doesn't. Sniper has both frag grenades and flashbang grenades. In fact theres not a single class that is grenadeless.

Will you be making this as a meta mod plugin or an amx mod x plugin?
Sniper has FB only as an AMXX mod.
The-Terryer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic