Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #16
Me2nice

Wouldn't be surprised if they do end up doing this. I'd actually expect it to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbax View Post
And now it begins!
It began months ago.
Me2nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:00 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
Odessa Cubbage

Valve
Quote:
Originally Posted by celozzip View Post
yeah i noticed the price on the beta screen. my worry is that the 'cost' of each item means we'll only have a set budget to work within, meaning the in-game editor only allows a certain number of objects in it at a time which would severely limit each level. i hope not.
The cost thing in those shots is just for fun. We find it funny to imagine the absurd amount of money that Aperture spends on any given test chamber.

Also, don't worry, we have no intention of charging for access to editor components.

Last edited by Odessa Cubbage: 04-15-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Odessa Cubbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #18
TestSubject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odessa Cubbage View Post
The cost thing in those shots is just for fun. We find it funny to imagine the absurd amount of money that Aperture spends on any given test chamber.

Also, don't worry, we have no intention of charging for access to editor components.
Now that's some great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odessa Cubbage; (About the DLC)
Sorry, guys. It'd be totally sweet to release on the 19th, but we're not ready. Getting close, though.
Now that's not that great anymore.

Last edited by TestSubject: 04-15-2012 at 03:09 PM.
TestSubject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #19
PopularVote

Say, Odessa... have there been any plans to incorporate the cut elements (like the adhesion gel) as map options?
PopularVote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #20
2560x1600@120hz

Quote:

Sigh of relief as your words of comfort ward off the evil Robin of Walker, fiend of all headwear.
2560x1600@120hz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:12 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
Odessa Cubbage

Valve
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopularVote View Post
Say, Odessa... have there been any plans to incorporate the cut elements (like the adhesion gel) as map options?
No current plans, no, but we'll think it over again and reevaluate after we ship. No one ever believes us, but things that get cut are generally cut for good reasons and aren't as cool as you imagine.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #22
TestSubject

Quote:
No current plans, no, but we'll think it over again and reevaluate after we ship. No one ever believes us, but things that get cut are generally cut for good reasons and aren't as cool as you imagine.
I think the pneumatic diversity vents were very nice
TestSubject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #23
PopularVote

I understand and appreciate that, but the way I see it, the Valve team only has so many people trying to find a cool way to incorporate something in a limited amount of time. If they tap into the millions of people playing Portal 2, maybe one of us monkeys will bang out Shakespeare. I don't know, just a thought.

In other news: hats. Will there be more hats? Because I honestly would not mind more hats.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #24
Dinosaur_Rex

Banned
I want a robot hat, for my robot.
Dinosaur_Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:01 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25
Odessa Cubbage

Valve
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopularVote View Post
I understand and appreciate that, but the way I see it, the Valve team only has so many people trying to find a cool way to incorporate something in a limited amount of time. If they tap into the millions of people playing Portal 2, maybe one of us monkeys will bang out Shakespeare. I don't know, just a thought.

In other news: hats. Will there be more hats? Because I honestly would not mind more hats.
We're confident that in theory we could introduce a new element in the editor and the community would go wild making new puzzles that use it well. The problem is simply that it still has to be complete and robust and fun and work well with the other elements. We'd still have to do enough internal puzzle design and iteration on the element to be confident that it has legs. Anyway, as I said, we'll consider that again after we ship.

No current plans for new hats, but if the Workshop and editor turn out as we intend, then there'll be a lot more people spending regular time in Portal 2 again, and it might make sense to revisit the store.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #26
Gnengi

Hey, Odessa, do you know if the DLC will be out before June? I know Valve has an 'it's ready when it's ready' attitude (which I agree with), but just how close is the DLC from getting here?
Gnengi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #27
Sol9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-1138 View Post
It has begun.
What has!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnengi View Post
Hey, Odessa, do you know if the DLC will be out before June? I know Valve has an 'it's ready when it's ready' attitude (which I agree with), but just how close is the DLC from getting here?
So Valve is the opposite of the publishers of Sonic 06...
Sol9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #28
PopularVote

Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions, Odessa!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:30 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
Odessa Cubbage

Valve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnengi View Post
Unless something goes terribly wrong, we will be out before June. If something goes a little wrong, we should still be out before June.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #30
Kiyoka

Quote:
Unless something goes terribly wrong, we will be out before June. If something goes a little wrong, we should still be out before June.
Since when does Valve actvly inform fans of so much and respond to many posts? Its just weird!
Kiyoka is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal 2