Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Legend of Grimrock

Old 04-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Ben Affleck

Banned
Level 5: Dragons Gaze bug? [Spoiler]

EDIT: [resolved] Sleep multiple times

-Original Post-

On level 5, the puzzle where you have to rest at the intersection of the gaze of the dragon statues to open an iron portcullis door; I've waited, I've rested, I've checked the net in case I'm a mentalist, and nothings works; the door remains closed.

I'm def in the right place, and I've def waited long enough- on my 5th attempt I put my chars to sleep and went to the bog for like 20 mins and still nowt.

Can anyone confirm this as a bug? Any similar experiences?

BTW; Almost Human- well done guys, you hit this one right out of the park

Last edited by Ben Affleck: 04-16-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
DIENER

I had this bug right now but I manage to get it open by resting 3 times in a row.
DIENER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
Ben Affleck

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIENER View Post
I had this bug right now but I manage to get it open by resting 3 times in a row.
Nice one, I'll try that.
+rep
Ben Affleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
Sapphire Fang

1) make sure you are waiting in the correct spot (I'm sure you've done this already but it never hurts to double check)

2) rest few times, sometimes the game gives these cutscenes and won't trigger these type of secrets before you've activated the proper cutscenes for your level (just my experience). So my tip would be to try resting 5 times, each time waiting at least 10-15 seconds just to make sure you have activated all "required" cutscenes for the area. After that, wait 30-60seconds in the very spot you are supposed to wait.

I had rest three times, got two cutscenes and once I waited 40seconds after 3rd resting try I heard the door open.

If none of these help I'd suggest going to the official forums and reporting the bug to devs (they'll probably ask for the save file and details of the bug).

Hopefully it'll get sorted out for you
Sapphire Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #5
Ben Affleck

Banned
So.... I tried resting a few times, and it worked.

One small hiccup; I was looking at the wrong door.. I was looking at the one west of the northern statue. The door that was meant to open wasn't opening tho, and resting a few times sorted that. So thank you guys

Its like my ol' mum used to say;
"Son, you're utterly useless"

Wise woman.

+rep for everyone who assisted my failure =D
Ben Affleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
JK_DC

I think that is still a bug. I rested in front of each statue for awhile but then went to the intersection of the gaze and only had to rest once.
JK_DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #7
SnarKs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_DC View Post
I think that is still a bug. I rested in front of each statue for awhile but then went to the intersection of the gaze and only had to rest once.
Spoiler:
Thats what youre suppose to do. Rest at the intersecting point of both dragons gaze.
SnarKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #8
Non Possumus

I got the door open by just waiting in the correct square. No need to rest
Non Possumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
Diablo1326

Try saving. Quitting to the Main menu and reloading and try the stuff again. Had this same problem a little bit.
Diablo1326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:58 AM   #10
Cabbie

Where exactly are these dragons? Ive cleared whole level and about to go down and cant find them. There is an iron door on north end of map, in the "deserted tunnels" part, with looks like some arrows, a mushroom and a coat or something that i cant open... is that the one? It seems to be on the other side of where it says "your feet may not carry you hasitly enough here" or something. Has that something to do with that one? Another piece i cant figure out...

Also, can you guys give me a clue regarding the bronze door on 5th level? have no idea! lol

crap and i just found one more door i havent opened thats near the broze door! how is its possible with finishing the level already to have 3 un-opened? weird.

thanks for any help. Hope thread not dead

Last edited by Cabbie: 04-29-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
Tempest_Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non Possumus View Post
I got the door open by just waiting in the correct square. No need to rest
Same here!
Tempest_Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #12
Hindesite

You don't have to actually "rest", you can just stand there for a bit. I stood there for 15 seconds, walked to the door, and it was opened. No sleeping necessary.
Hindesite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
Ixnatifual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindesite View Post
You don't have to actually "rest", you can just stand there for a bit. I stood there for 15 seconds, walked to the door, and it was opened. No sleeping necessary.
Same for me.
Ixnatifual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #14
Cabbie

please give me an approximate location on level 5 where this spot is. Is there writing on the wall or??? I cant find it for the life of me.
Cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #15
GamerOnline

For me, the easiest way to find the correct spot was...

Spoiler:
Find the two dragons. -- Stand next to them facing the same way they do, then use your map (you see your own arrow for the direction), make a note on the dragon's square for where it is located and it's direction ("Dragon Facing South" for example). Find the other dragon and do the same, then follow their paths (squares) on the map until you find where their gazes meet and place a note there and go to the spot.
GamerOnline is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Legend of Grimrock