Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 04-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
harryisgr8

Banned
Steam friends "groups" idea

I have different groups of friends on steam: in real life, met through a game, trading or whatever

I dont want to know whether the person i want to trade with (on my friends list for trading only) is playing a game

would it be possible for us to choose which people from our friends list it shows up as playing a game in the steam library, or "... owns this game"?
Old 04-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
ClintDrums

This functionality already exists. The feature is referred to as "tags". To create a group, select the drop-down arrow for a friend you want to put in the new group, such as a friend that is on your friends list only for trading. Select "tag as...". In this dialogue box type the name of the group, such as "Trading" and select "Add Tag". All the tags you create will show up in this "tag as..." menu and you are able to assign friends to those different tags, or multiple tags if you wish.

Each tag you create will have those friends removed from the default friends group and placed in their tag specific group. These groups can then be collapsed so that you never see those friends unless you expand the group.

It's not a perfect system, but it is very functional and does help greatly with organization. It's also fairly straight-forward. If you need further help, just reply here.
ClintDrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
Stufferer

is there something like adding notes to friend becouse i dont remember all from where i know them
Stufferer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
Stufferer

No? becouse i think this thing would be preety usefull!
i can't remember soo much people by just nickname :P
Stufferer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
ClintDrums

Having an alias feature has been requested for years. Considering that players can constantly change their names, I understand how frustrating it can be. Notes or aliases is needed very badly. Currently there isn't something like that yet. What I do to counter this is to remember to add my tags as soon as I add a friend. Over time this will work, as long as you occasionally clean out your friends list.
ClintDrums is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas