Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Bot Feedback

Old 03-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #121
butterfinger

Medic- Will NOT stop healing the heavy who is 100% over healed.To heal me when im under 25 hp =\.
butterfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #122
thepounder1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirix21 View Post
Demomortar sentry nests
I think this cracks me up most out of all the Bot quirks/problems... seeing a rainbow of stickies flying over a crate/obstacle both cracks me up and alerts me I need to get over there and kill them quickly.

I've gotten accustomed to the usual Bot issues, so while VALVe eventually tends to those problems I'd like for them to implement some form of GUI to update/modify waypoints and triggers, etc. in maps I've already run nav_generate on.
thepounder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:12 AM   #123
Fillmore

3 demomen cause outrageous amounts of lag when trying to destroy a sentry.
Fillmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #124
ChaosDX1

Twice recently I caught an enemy scout trying to destroy a sentry through a wall with his pistol.

Allies become immobile when you hit them with the healing beam and you're at 100% charge. Are they waiting for me to uber them? There are no enemies around, I'm not popping it!
Because of this I often see a bot medic and a random patient off in a corner of a map doing nothing useful until an enemy finds and shoots them.
ChaosDX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #125
Kyo Tanaka

Certain maps (excluding custom) usually have bots idle, except for looking around and medics healing them.

Bots taunt when they kill a player, but not when they kill a bot, even when they're getting shot to death.

Bots does not taunt when they 'kill' a DR spy.

When cloaked with DR, bots ignore you more than C&D and Invis watch. Bots know I'm around because I bumped into one, and someone called spy, however, they did nothing.

Pyros hardly airblasts from my experience, just kept walking.

Demomans looks up and fires stickies to take out sentry nests. Usually by the time he detonates them, he's getting shot to death or already dead.

Demoman ignores almost anything when they're firing stickies, including enemy attacking him.

Demoman's grenades, most of the time, lands the mark when usually players would miss them.

In tunnels like Dustbowl's, demoman would pretend the ceiling isn't there.

Engineers ignore that their nest is getting stickied, and continues to wrack the sentry away, leading them to be exploded.

That's all I could think of.
Kyo Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #126
ChaosDX1

@ Kyo: You can change how often a bot taunts by typing "tf_bot_taunt_victim_chance <integer between 0 and 100>" into the console.
0 being never and 100 being always. (Default 20)
They do it randomly after killing a player.

And in my experience pyros airblast too much. I'm often pinned into a corner being juggled by repeated blasts without being burned. But I don't consider this to be a bug, just annoying.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #127
ChaosDX1

I usually only post issues I see more than once, but I'm bored and this story is entertaining.

I once saw a Scout standing right next to an enemy engineer when he was setting up a sentry. What does the scout do? Run far away from it while it's still building and shoot it with his pistol after it's up.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #128
Kyo Tanaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDX1 View Post
@ Kyo: You can change how often a bot taunts by typing "tf_bot_taunt_victim_chance <integer between 0 and 100>" into the console.
0 being never and 100 being always. (Default 20)
They do it randomly after killing a player.

And in my experience pyros airblast too much. I'm often pinned into a corner being juggled by repeated blasts without being burned. But I don't consider this to be a bug, just annoying.
They don't, however, taunt normally when you used a DR. The server I go onto the bots always taunt after a kill, but they don't when DR was involved.
Kyo Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #129
Billa Bop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisterLemon View Post
  • Medic and Sniper bots instantly know your a spy no matter what disguise you have, and without hesitation they'll whip out their syringe gun/smg and obliterate you.
  • Scout bots use their pistol 90% of the time in combat, and also use the pistol in attempt to destroy a sentry on the other side of the map.
  • None of the bots have any knowledge of sticky traps, and will just ramble right into them and get blown to pieces.
  • Bots never use their meelee weapons in close range combat.
  • All bots seem to have super accurate aiming with bullet weapons.
  • Bots have no flanking/ambushing tactics, and just run out into the enemy base shooting at random enemies.
  • Bots taunt directly after killing you,regardless of the current situation, and this usually always results in them getting killed.
  • Bots don't try to complete the objective, and focus on killing the other team instead.
  • Bots get distracted too easily, and rather than capturing the point(s) they run away and do something else.
  • Sniper bots are deadly with the sniper rife.
  • Medic bots are deadly with the syringe gun.
  • Demoman bots never use their SL. Sometimes they will use it, but they just fire a few random stickies around, then either forget about them or detonate them straight away.
  • Bots that are ubercharged will taunt after killing you, which completly wastes the ubercharge.
  • All bots waste their ammo by trying to hit players on the other side of the map.
  • Bots never Spy-check, they just stare at you for ages until they finally decide to shoot you.
  • All bots instantly know you a Spy, no matter what disguise you have.
  • Medic bots waste ubercharges on Scouts, while the Scout just runs around with the pistol.
  • Medics bots will uber the very instant he or his medic buddy recieves damage.
  • Heavy bots still try to fire their minigun even when it's run out of ammo.
  • Pyro bots will airblast any projecile that's fired at him, even at point blank range.
  • Pyro bots use their airblast more than the flamethrower.
  • Pyro bots will follow disguised Spies and just airblast them around the map.
  • When Medic bots uber a Pyro bot, the Pyro will just waste it by airblasting every enemy he sees.
  • All bots have eyes in the back of their heads, as they always see/hear you uncloaking behind them.
  • Engineer bots tend to build sentries in useless spots or in places where no-one ever goes, and just sit behind it for the whole game.
  • On KOTH_Nucleus, Heavy bots will rev up their minigun in spawn and slowly walk out.
  • Demoman bots will sometimes just stand there switching continuously between the GL and SL.
  • Bots like to run into the saw blades on KOTH_Sawmill, and never seem to learn that the saw blades WILL kill them, and so keep running into them.
  • Bots don't know how to deal with wrangled sentries.
  • Soldier bots will fire all 4 rockets, and then switch to their shotgun, and just blast away until the clip is empty, and then reload one shell, shoot, reload one shell, shoot, etc.
  • Demoman bots do the same as above with their grenade launchers.
  • Medic bots always die when they have full ubercharge.
  • Medic bots only heal the classes with the most health, even if you have 10hp left and screaming at them to heal you.
  • Medic bots will stay in the resupply room, jumping around in circles until they get a medic buddy.
  • Sometimes during humiliation, the bots don't go into the enemy resupply room, instead they run around in circles outside in a big group.
  • Enginner bots build teleporter exits 10 feet away from the entrance.
  • Engineer bots attempt to build teleporter exits in the middle of the battelfield.
  • Engineer bots build teleporter exits in the most ridiculous places.
  • Engineer bots NEVER upgrade their teleporters, and usually tend to build the teleporter exit last.
  • Enginner bots will attempt to repair their sentries with no metal, and just sit behind it wrenching it until it gets destroyed or the Enginner get killed.
  • Bots never try to block captures, thus letting the other team win/capture the point.
  • Bots tend to run away when they see the enemy coming towards them.
  • The bots seem to rely on the human player(s) to do all the work (ie capture the point on a KOTH map), as they don't seem to be capable on doing it themselves.
  • ALL bots instantly taunt after killing a human player, regardless of the current situation, which usually results in them getting killed. They taunt when they're Ubercharged, when their on fire, in front of enemies, in front of enemy sentry guns, in the middle of a battle, etc.

These are just SOME of the things Iv'e experienced.

Yeah, that's pretty much it in a nutshell.
Billa Bop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #130
KnightMysterio

I'm still getting BLU bots that try to go around the side tunnel in the second stage of Gold Rush before the first cap is taken and refuse to turn around when they get stuck.
KnightMysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #131
fishmarket

For some reason medic bots follow heavys around all the time and the ubercharge remains active for a long time.

Also some bots do not move throughout game modes, they just stand still and change direction.

pyro bots flamethrower is very powerful and has a big range.
fishmarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #132
TwisterLemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmarket View Post
pyro bots flamethrower is very powerful and has a big range.
People still think that the bots have extra powerful weapons. But the thing is, they don't. They're function as they should. It's just their AI that allows them to hit, aim, track and predict inhumanly.
TwisterLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #133
Glanzfell

Bots shoot at me (Sniper) when they came in my focus even when I'm at the end of the Map. Especially the Soldier and Engi (!).
Glanzfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #134
AllStarGamer 2

there need more KI
AllStarGamer 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #135
DarkBladeWolf

Is it me or do you see Demoman randomly launched grenades in the spawn of cp_Dustbowl in the first phase of the map?
DarkBladeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Bot Feedback