Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
verb_seven

Activating Anno 1404 in Steam

I had a quick check and I don't think this question has come up... I bought a copy of Anno 1404 before I joined Steam, and I note that Steam used to sell it, but doesn't any more. There is an option under 'Add a Game' to 'Activate a Product on Steam', which just requires the product code of the game.

I have a couple of questions about this:

1) If Steam no longer sell the game, do they still support playing it? I don't mean 'support' in terms of bug fixes and the like, more in terms of being able to have my game data stored with Steam, so I can pick up a profile if I change computers without having to make sure I copy it between computers (my last computer died, and so I lost my progress...).

2) I don't appear to have a product code in the box, manual, or even on the disc... I have seen this come up before, but I'm not sure if there was a definitive answer on how to get the code. I understand that Anno 1404 verifies itself when you install it and it updates or something, does this mean I'll have to install it to get the product code?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series