Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 04-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
rodjer844

social network

Dear Administration of Steam, at present Steam represents such network in which players can communicate only, I consider it is necessary to make of Steam not only a game network of world level for gamers, but also for ordinary people. I mean that it is necessary to add some functions from social networks. For example:
1. Music
2. The photo albums (not screenshots from games, namely the photo well or any other pictures)
3. Will add fields in which to contain a set of information on you, but certainly them will fill at will
Also I offer an avatar which is at players in a profile, in the top left corner to transfer to the right corner between the status of the player and a column under the name "Actions"
Conclusion: in Steam online of users probably would rise, plus interest to Steam would rise, and people will probably start to forget such programs as Skype, ICQ, QIP, Facebook, Twitter well and first of all I would think people came round and left Origin as Steam in one thousand times is better than this damned Origin.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
Ran_TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodjer844 View Post
... to make of Steam not only a game network of world level for gamers, but also for ordinary people...

1. Music
2. The photo albums (not screenshots from games, namely the photo well or any other pictures)
3. Will add fields in which to contain a set of information on you, but certainly them will fill at will
Disagree.
There's Facebook for that.
Ran_TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
notdeadyet01

Just link your facebook account. Done.
notdeadyet01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
RandPC

I sincerely pray Steam never goes that route.
I like the social aspect remaining relatively unobtrusive and focused exclusively on Steam itself.

Adding on piles of things that other sites already do much better is far more likely to drive me away then keep me.
RandPC is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas