Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Avencast: Rise of the Mage

Old 06-29-2010, 03:13 AM   #1
Vicky480

Cannot load any savegames.

I seem to be having a similar problem to others with this game. My load screen gets to 30% and dumps me to desktop with a directX error message. I have installed the latest DX9 (Full package), and graphic drivers for my card. I have no clue what to do to fix it. the error message is:

DXC_Gfx: Can not set render target: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

so it would certainly seem is if it something about DX9, having red this forum and the Avencast forum, it is an error a fair few people are getting, so anyone got any ideas, please?

If you need a copy of my dxdiag i'll provide one, i just hate making a forum post yards long
Old 06-29-2010, 05:03 AM   #2
Philx2000

It sound like a graphics card or driver error to me.

I have not experienced this myself but may I suggest rolling back your graphics driver to a previous version?
Old 06-29-2010, 07:00 AM   #3
Vicky480

i'll give it a go, i thought Directx cos in the top of the little error window it says DirectX. However you could be right, i'll hunt down some older drivers for my card (Radeon HD5770) because if i recall correctly there have been issues in the past between radeon drivers and DX9. I'll let you know how it goes
Vicky480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:40 AM   #4
Vicky480

Well whaddaya know, installed last months graphics drivers instead of this months and woo hoo! So far so good. Thank you very much Philx2000.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
Vicky480

Ach, now this is a bit odd... loaded fine just after i reinstalled catalyst drivers. But now, alas it seems to have fallen over again. It is when i try to load a savegame again, slightly different error message and it now crashes just after the loading bar. Oh well back to experimenting with other things, as i don't think i want to reinstall my graphics drivers every time i want to load a game.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #6
rmel01

I am having the same issue with the load games.

I just bought Avencast yesterday and have not changed my video driver. No matter which load game I try the game will always crash.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:20 PM   #7
Philx2000

I can't really offer any more advice, but I hope you find a better fix.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #8
SLowrAM

Getting same here, try loading save game it crashes to desktop with error: DXC Error (DirectX9) DXC_Gfx: Can not set render target: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL. I have an ATI Radeon HD 5700 running catalyst 12.3. I have been wanting to upgrade to NVidia for several months now (to many new games have bugs with ATI lately it seems, not saying this game is new ), are the others of you with this issue running ATI or Nvidia?
I doubt this game is worth a new graphics card, but may be yet another push to make the move sooner.
SLowrAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #9
SLowrAM

Ooops shoulda read newer posts versus this old one Google found, FYI if others run across this go into SteamApps Avencast folder and run options.exe and change Default for resolution to your actual resolution. At least that fixed it for me, looks much better running at native resolution too.
SLowrAM is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Avencast: Rise of the Mage