Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation

Old 04-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #16
danuker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FericJaggar View Post
Ok, so "slow-paced" isn't the correct word. I mean, you doesn't have to click everywhere like a mad korean in StarCraft and know by heart building order and that kind of stuff ?
I assume that's the same in Wargame or no ?
Yes, this is definitely the case in Wargame. It is more of careful positioning of units, perhaps turning off a weapon or two, and ensuring your troops get the supplies they need and then letting them do their job.

It's not saying you won't get overwhelmed though, if you have too many start points, it can get very tricky to give orders to too many units especially on large maps.
danuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #17
FericJaggar

Quote:
Originally Posted by danuker View Post
Yes, this is definitely the case in Wargame. It is more of careful positioning of units, perhaps turning off a weapon or two, and ensuring your troops get the supplies they need and then letting them do their job.

It's not saying you won't get overwhelmed though, if you have too many start points, it can get very tricky to give orders to too many units especially on large maps.
Thanks for your answer. I'm really interested by this game, specially the Cold War scenario, it's a nice change after all those WW2/modern era RTS.
FericJaggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #18
HellAvenger

free DLC? i like this developer. I will buy it for the goodwill alone
HellAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #19
danuker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellAvenger View Post
free DLC? i like this developer. I will buy it for the goodwill alone
As much as I appreciate them releasing this DLC... most of the features are what you expect to be out in a modern RTS on Day 0. (Comp stomp, pinging on the mini map, change kind bindings, mirrored maps for competitive play)

I do recall they mentioned that they will not have paid DLCs and will stick with a proper expansion pack model. I truly hope they stick to their guns with this, as there are so many more conflicts they can expand the current gameplay into, both modern day or back to WW2.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #20
ElizLestrad

I'd like to see someone do a World War 1 rts its so untouched with the exception of 'Iron Storm' (a FPS) and *maybe* the Red Baron flight sims but no real trench warfare games apart from mods. The thought of being able to dig massive trench lines lined with bunkers that would have made even the Kaiser drool as well as making your enemy pay for every foot of ground sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

Though if they did do another WW2 rts I hope they expand to include naval combat. Thats one of the big things I missed about RUSE, not being able to deploy the Bismarck... That and I still want a Wehrmacht vs SS Operation Valkyrie campaign.
ElizLestrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #21
Hob_gadling

Quote:
Originally Posted by FericJaggar View Post
So you don't need to be an octopus to play the game ?
Fun fact: the top #1 ranked player has APM of 12. That's one action every five seconds.
Hob_gadling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #22
SabreXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob_gadling View Post
Fun fact: the top #1 ranked player has APM of 12. That's one action every five seconds.
:O

People told me the flash was a fictional character!
SabreXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
cheese2134

go for it its epic
cheese2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #24
darthmangafee

I haven't really cut into it yet (been in a 1st person shooter kick lately) but from what I have sampled it is excellent (although I am a perfectionist and REFUSE to lose a unit if I can help it so I tend to play single player missions over and over). The graphics are fantastic and the gameplay is familiar yet has layers if you like to micromanage units (which I do).

Like I said, haven't played it in a while (when I do it will be the month long thing) but it is encouraging to see the game get so much support from the developer in the way of patches and (free) dlc.

If you like war games, yes... its worth it big time.
darthmangafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #25
Cougarific

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerFoxY View Post
if you want a solid, nice looking, time wasting multiplayer strategy game ... sure ... just search the forum this threat already exists min. 2x for additional information or reasons to buy or not to buy this game
He's right - buy it for the Multi-player only - the single-player campaign is a chore and not fun at all.

If you don't play multi-player - skip it.
Cougarific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #26
danuker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarific View Post
He's right - buy it for the Multi-player only - the single-player campaign is a chore and not fun at all.

If you don't play multi-player - skip it.
+1. The single player doesn't have enough longevity. MP is the way to go for this game.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:04 AM   #27
tb87670

Just found the game on sale via Gamestop/Impulse. I've been wanting to jump in and buy the game since day one but money issues abound, today I just said hell with it because I honestly wanted the game for the quasi-realism and attention to detail, even little things like how the AK-74 is listed to use 5.45mm ammo

Played first mission, messed around with controls and got used to the game. I found it fun and replayed it for the secondary objectives and unlocked a few extra units. Can't wait to do some bot-bashes online since I'm new, I hear of these mystical people who can actually use infantry well and practice this kung-fu.
tb87670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #28
PuppyFiddler

I only bought it at the last minute during the sale after wondering if it was worth it. Couldn't help thinking it looked too slow and lacking complexity compared to the likes of Company of Heroes but the huge unit list and modern setting got me in the end. Am I glad I bought it? - Hell ya!

I even enjoyed the single player campaign despite it's ridiculously abrupt ending and crap missions which says something about the gameplay itself. The load of different units are just interesting to maneouvre about trying to get good positions and keep them supplied etc. There's a lot of covert operations going on sneaking around in the game which is where things get interesting. Don't listen to the clowns complaining about there being too many units in the game as each variation has a quality. You ultimately build your own 'deck' which you take into multiplayer battles.

Loving this game and it's definetly worth full price. There's a healthy player base as well. It's just a crying shame that the single player campaign is neglected for those who enjoy them. To say the game is multiplayer focused is putting it mildly but the single player is good enough for learning the ropes.
PuppyFiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #29
cheese2134

Yesyesyesyes
cheese2134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation