Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-23-2012, 04:56 AM   #16
Gennady25X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Boombastic View Post
Come on Valve! This guy want to create a better experience for his group members and you don't give a s*it.
Well having that attitude won't make them want to help us Valve constantly update Steam, so that's good. It's just that we now need them to focus on this area before anything else for a while. I'm sure they'll add new community features soon, and some things they already should have added. For example, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD VALVE I WANT PM
Gennady25X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #17
Endex88

+1
I completely agree with this.
Endex88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #18
andrew5

+1 totally agree
andrew5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:37 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
MikeBlaszczak

Valve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennady25X View Post
Well having that attitude won't make them want to help us Valve constantly update Steam, so that's good. It's just that we now need them to focus on this area before anything else for a while. I'm sure they'll add new community features soon, and some things they already should have added. For example, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD VALVE I WANT PM
Jumping to the conclusion that we "don't give a " just because we haven't responded to a particular thread is as illogical as it is offensive. Such comments are off-putting, but we know that a minority of users post things like that -- mostly just to cause disruption or get attention in the forums.

Indeed, we're always working on Steam. There's lots of things to do, and sometimes we're busy with work that's not immediately customer-visible. We have exciting plans for messaging, as well as many other Community features.

Last edited by MikeBlaszczak: 04-23-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: typo
MikeBlaszczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #20
Gennady25X

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBlaszczak View Post
Jumping to the conclusion that we "don't give a " just because we haven't responded to a particular thread is as illogical as it is offensive. Such comments are off-putting, but we know that a minority of users post things like that -- mostly just to cause disruption or get attention in the forums.

Indeed, we're always working on Steam. There's lots of things to do, and sometimes we're busy with work that's not immediately customer-visible. We have exciting for messaging, as well as many other Community features.
I never said that you guys dont give a **** xD That was someone else, and I was telling them exactly what you said. I realise that you guys have a lot to respond to, I was also sure that you would eventually also listen to us here on this thread. Which you now have, and I thank you for that

Last edited by Gennady25X: 04-23-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 AM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #21
MikeBlaszczak

Valve
I never said you said we don't give a . You did ay that having such an attitude makes help reluctant, and I was responding to that.
MikeBlaszczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #22
Gennady25X

Oh ok then. Misunderstanding

Last edited by Gennady25X: 04-23-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #23
Vercinger

+1. I especially need a way to see recent announcements. Often I can't Shift+Tab and click on the announcement quickly enough. And then I have to go to my community home page and refresh until the announcement shows up in the blotter, which can take several minutes.
Vercinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #24
Creeper Reaper

Could you add this to the feature request?

Suggestion Thread

This is to put another option when you create a group, to make it completely hidden from anyone who has been giving exclusive access to, Like the members of the group.

Credit to the owner of the thread.
Creeper Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #25
vempajor

Also it would be really good if Steam could check if the game you are in is minimized (/ running at the background) and then the pop-ups should appear like when you are not in-game.
vempajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #26
phantom_six

I agree with the mentioned features. I would also like to include a feature for the event page. Instead of just viewing the events and commenting on them. Could there also be an option where people can say whether they are attending, not attending, or maybe? (Kind of like Facebook). It would be easier to know who would join some game event or not to see whether it should be postpone canceled or adjusted.
phantom_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:51 AM   #27
TigerGriff

Roh gets my full agreement for his great ideas which will greatly improve the community. I hope Steam will consider his message.
TigerGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #28
Takish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerGriff View Post
Roh gets my full agreement for his great ideas which will greatly improve the community. I hope Steam will consider his message.
Mine aswell..
Takish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #29
Takish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas Dudecek View Post
Make the group private, then kick whoever it is that you intend on kicking and make the group public again.
What if i have a group of 1000 members? and i want to kick about 800....... That would mean i have to write their name press kick from group. and repeat the gimmick... That is not the answer i was looking for..
Takish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #30
RoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas Dudecek View Post
Three clicks really isn't that bad or am I missing something?

Check your Blotter (depending on your blotter's settings) all groups you belong to, the announcements will be shown irrespective of there being ten announcements in a day.

1) Three clicks minimum. Sure... could be more. But three clicks are minimum for ONE group. If you want to join via Steam multiple Group chats... the number is increasing.
If I want join an additional group(group 2, that is not my primary group) its 1 click on groups, scrolling down (to find it) click on the group. Click on group chat. 3 more clicks.
And so on.

2) I know what you mean. But this small list is "Events" only. So I can track time related Events - group independend. Thats good.
But whats with announcements? No way to track them. List of last announcements? There is no list.
If somebody comments on at announcement page - there is no notification. Same with events.

All I wanted to say is that its currenlty really hard to make announcements visible to the users.

Internal rss feed that tracks all group activities would be great.... or an own steam group tab with better functionality...
There is a lot of undiscovered potential there.
RoH is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion