Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Drawn: The Painted Tower

Old 04-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Rebelshade

Having an Issue

I bought and downloaded the game Saturday night, went to play it Sunday evening. The intro movie played just fine. I was able to put in my name on the start screen. When I clicked play and the next screen came up there were three colored squares filling the screen, with a couple places that looked like sparkling stars.

Here's a screenshot. http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...shappening.png

I'm not sure what's going on.

I can alt-tab out, and when I click back on it then the screen shows a picture saying "Game Paused" but when I click to un-pause the game, it's back to the squares. I've tried lowering my resolution, but that didn't help. My laptop is new (had it less than a year), it has all the requirements. I even have a Radeon graphics card.

And ideas or suggestions?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Rebelshade

Solution

I actually got this to work without anyone's help. But I thought I might post how I got it fixed in case anyone else has the same problem I had.

Solution:
* Click on the Start Menu
* Click on "Switchable Graphics" (I have a Dell.)
* Assign which processor you want to use for the game. I assigned "High Performance".

After that, the game started working for me. It crashed a couple times during play, so I closed out a couple other things that were running, and it did fine.
Rebelshade is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Drawn: The Painted Tower