Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #106
leggosboy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Reputation: 35
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftBlizz View Post
No one has ever called anyone "mentally ill" for "being unhappy about being cheated"... Someone (agent.nihilist) suggested that you should seek help from the fact that you were assaulting other forum members because you felt "trolled" by said same persons temporary relaying of Kerberos date estimates (which no one at any point said was to be 100% reliable).
The fact that you keep stalking agent.nihilist about this petty matter only leads to reinforce his earlier suggestion.
You are either outright lying about something easy to verify or you do not know what you are talking about and are merely trolling for the sake of it. Neither is impressive.

You are correct though in one minor regard. agent.nihilist made that personal attack on me not for being upset about the lack of progress on this "game". The fact it was for a totally made up reason that they insist on lying about still when even what they linked contradicts their claim is merely a statement about their integrity.

Here is the statement where you claimed I was attacking someone, since that is what "provoked" agent.nihilist to pull their stupidity:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leggosboy View Post
And again, you seem to "forget" to read what I was replying to. Especially since I very clearly stated that I had hoped folks would have just ignored the blatant attempt to troll me.
Reality says you are wrong. But we both already knew that. I get it though with the personal attacks since it is easier than trying to defend how six months later, we are about to possibly hit beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftBlizz View Post
Also, think, it's actually the engine and visuals and documentation and etc. they have spent all that time on, which you (for some strange reason) think they have done absolutely nothing in. <_<
Nice strawman attempt. The problem is that I never stated anything even like that at all and this is simply a lie on your part just like the claim above.

It is quite telling that the apologists have to keep resorting to outright lies and personal attacks, but that just validates my earlier comment about how their behavior makes any honest discussion of this fiasco difficult at best.

Last edited by leggosboy: 04-23-2012 at 05:13 PM.
leggosboy is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #107
SwiftBlizz
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 8
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by leggosboy View Post
I actually think my stance that there was no code because it was not written in the first place is much more reasonable than "code goblins" or whatever nonsense was part of the excuse after "oops, beta version went to Steam".
And by this you mean anything else than stating that they have not done any code since shortly before the release...?
-
I don't have time to go dig in old threads from November or December last year, but I know your (irrelevant) example comment (and leading tracebacks) is not the most hostile you have ever performed on this forum.
If you feel that this matter is over then please (for the sake of order) stop bringing it up in threads as some sort of faux merit for your agenda. Find a new horse to ride on....
Lets see if agent.nihilist ever brings it up first hand in a thread (probably very unlikely), then everyone will see who needs help (If any at all since you now aren't acting up like you did last year).

Last edited by SwiftBlizz: 04-24-2012 at 02:08 AM.
SwiftBlizz is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 04:56 AM   #108
Sockmess
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Reputation: 39
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftBlizz View Post
And by this you mean anything else than stating that they have not done any code since shortly before the release...?
-
I don't have time to go dig in old threads from November or December last year, but I know your (irrelevant) example comment (and leading tracebacks) is not the most hostile you have ever performed on this forum.
If you feel that this matter is over then please (for the sake of order) stop bringing it up in threads as some sort of faux merit for your agenda. Find a new horse to ride on....
Lets see if agent.nihilist ever brings it up first hand in a thread (probably very unlikely), then everyone will see who needs help (If any at all since you now aren't acting up like you did last year).
Hey mind explaining why they wasted time and money promoting and creating events (go check out their facebook page for the pics) for a game they knew wasnt even close to completion. Just a little something to think about while you wait for legg.
Sockmess is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #109
SwiftBlizz
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 8
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockmess View Post
Hey mind explaining why they wasted time and money promoting and creating events (go check out their facebook page for the pics) for a game they knew wasnt even close to completion. Just a little something to think about while you wait for legg.
I don't know.. people have theorized that parts of Kerberos did not know how far other parts of Kerberos had come (of course very embarrassing for Mecron when hit the fan).
One thing is certain tho.. they had the entire Mars2 Engine nailed, most of the visuals were done and many engine interfaces were connected by the time of release. Else there would not even have been anything to look at.
The fact that no proper game or combat demonstration had been released but only a trailer or two and an engine test (and apparently a lot of photos, drawn/shopped art and still screen shorts on their Facebook page ಠ_ಠ) should ring a couple of bells in people and those will probably be listened to by the same gamers more closely in the future when they buy games.
SwiftBlizz is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #110
Cruncher10
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Reputation: 2
Posts: 38
Unhappy

Does anyone have an thoughts on the actual game mechanics? I have just had to read over 100 steam e-mails of bickering (as it was my thread). I was wondering what people thought of the new features and was not trying to start a flame war.
When it was out for prepurchase, I paid my 40 quid and I am not ranting. I am remaining optimistic.
Cruncher10 is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #111
Paladwyn
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 2
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruncher10 View Post
Does anyone have an thoughts on the actual game mechanics? I have just had to read over 100 steam e-mails of bickering (as it was my thread). I was wondering what people thought of the new features and was not trying to start a flame war.
When it was out for prepurchase, I paid my 40 quid and I am not ranting. I am remaining optimistic.
Well Cruncher,

I wasn't a fan of the mission based system at first, but I'm getting the hang of it, though it sometimes adds a bit more button clicking. Also some of the interface is a bit clunky, which they are supposedly working on, so will see from there.

I didn't have much luck with defense platforms, and largely use them as fodder rather than anything else. As far as I can tell they die way too fast and put out minimal damage to actually be useful, as the space stations (in combat) as well. Personally I would rather see the combat stations make a comeback, but then I usually play a defensive game anyways.

Most everything else is fine, since at this time some of the things I have issues with may be worked on, so it's hard for me to say if I like the way it is or not...so I'm waiting to see.

I do like battleriders though, I think that is pretty neat, and better than drones. Though I am still a missile boat kinda guy.

I do like the tech feasibility studies, adds another dimension in which helps out.

Oh, and I would like a bit more customization's on map creation...I always enjoy making maps that suit my desire.

Hows that?
Paladwyn is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #112
leggosboy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Reputation: 35
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruncher10 View Post
Does anyone have an thoughts on the actual game mechanics? I have just had to read over 100 steam e-mails of bickering (as it was my thread). I was wondering what people thought of the new features and was not trying to start a flame war.
When it was out for prepurchase, I paid my 40 quid and I am not ranting. I am remaining optimistic.
I actually think the mission system is a better option in terms of making the game more strategic than throwing blobs of ships out in all directions, even if I can see where that would appeal to some folks.
leggosboy is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #113
leggosboy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Reputation: 35
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftBlizz View Post
I don't have time to go dig in old threads from November or December last year, but I know your (irrelevant) example comment (and leading tracebacks) is not the most hostile you have ever performed on this forum.
My "irrevelant example" was the very thing that your pal called me mentally ill over. Maybe you should think about that before defending such bad behavior if you really feel it is so irrelevant because it kind of makes you look bad to claim my comment was no big deal while defending another poster for calling me mentally ill over it.
leggosboy is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 02:47 AM   #114
boolybooly
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 30
Posts: 116
Fans making apologies for this confidence trick before the harm is rectified or the truth is out are jumping the gun. To pretend otherwise is fuzzy wishful thinking. Conmen love fuzzy thinkers because they are so easy to confuse and at the heart of this shambles is the mind of a conman. Fuzzy thinking is not going to help.

I don't think you are mentally ill leggosboy, that is a calumny IMHO you think clearly and have a developed sense of justice and are prepared to make the effort to persue the justified perspective that we have all been hoodwinked and you are refusing to forget or otherwise brush over the indefensible actions with lead to this because to forgive such without sincere contrition or an act of reparation is a degenerate act which will only lead to more of the same kind of thing. You refuse to lie or accept a lie and you insist on telling the truth from your own perspective which is commendable.

On the other hand in my view there is a tendency for people with more compromising attitudes to suffer psychological pain when asked to face the truth and for this reason they can become averse to it. This is because IMHO to a greater or lesser degree some involved are caught in a Stockholm syndrome like difficulty in which they are afraid to condemn the people who conned them because these are the same people fixing the game they want to play, thus the devs have power over the object of the fans' desire. At the very least there are many constructively minded who don't dare contest the injustice done to them further because those fans with a constructive motivation can only engage with the project to help fix the game via the dev & publisher BBs which are controlled by those who feel obliged to act with a propagandist mentality which constructively motivated fans have to obey to continue posting there. This leads to a fear that if they annoy the devs the game will be harmed or at least they will not be able to help fix it. They get tired by the emotional conflict this creates and they settle instead for an unhealthy compromise. Thus the road to hell is paved with good intentions and the idea of the (un)finished game is weilding influence like a hostage and is part of a powerplay which distorts the perception of those who choose that path. To my mind this amounts to a form of psychological bullying, of which I unreservedly disapprove and I am happy to eschew such a compromise myself.

But I would caution all concerned to have a little mercy on each other because noone here is a bad person and others deserve respect even though one may wish to flatly contradict them.


Personally I would like the mission system more if it was a perk for having a commander to allow you to do things you cannot do without a commander, like survey and colonise and field big fleets etc, without preventing you from moving ships around without one eg from a planet where the ship was made to the planet where you are assembling a fleet, or to a naval station built in the boonies.

Last edited by boolybooly: 04-25-2012 at 10:37 AM.
boolybooly is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #115
SwiftBlizz
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 8
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by leggosboy View Post
My "irrevelant example" was the very thing that your pal called me mentally ill over. Maybe you should think about that before defending such bad behavior if you really feel it is so irrelevant because it kind of makes you look bad to claim my comment was no big deal while defending another poster for calling me mentally ill over it.
Yes.. that was the last drop which broke the surface tension but not what actually filled the cup.
Agent.nihilists suggestion was probably based on previous comments of yours, most likely from other former threads too...

Last edited by SwiftBlizz: 04-25-2012 at 06:00 AM.
SwiftBlizz is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #116
leggosboy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Reputation: 35
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftBlizz View Post
Yes.. that was the last drop which broke the surface tension but not what actually filled the cup.
Agent.nihilists suggestion was probably based on previous comments of yours, most likely from other former threads too...
And even if your claim is true, it is still not acceptable.

I get that you really want to defend this person for calling folks mentally ill over a video game. But trying to pretend that is somehow anything else is dishonest and suggests that even you are less than proud of your own behavior.
leggosboy is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 02:47 AM   #117
SwiftBlizz
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 8
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by leggosboy View Post
And even if your claim is true, it is still not acceptable.

I get that you really want to defend this person for calling folks mentally ill over a video game. But trying to pretend that is somehow anything else is dishonest and suggests that even you are less than proud of your own behavior.
*sigh*
ok, lets get one piece strait..
"get help" and "you seem to have some serious issues" ≠ "you are mentally ill". (Since I don't think agent.nihilist has the correct education or if he had, not the proper setting as to identify you as "mentally ill" )
As much as a condition of roadrage is not classified as a mental illness but more as a social difficulty.
At the time and before agent.nihilists suggestion you were displaying yourself as very socially difficult.
Please, stop telling yourself that he said something he actually didn't and refrain from using it as a faux merit for your own agenda in future threads, it causes nothing more than disrupting the discussion and misleading other people.
Yourself feeling "trolled" in the past by various people centering on agent.nihilist does not justify the disruption of majority of discussions he partakes in by bringing up a mutated interpretation of your own past behavior.
SwiftBlizz is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 04:00 AM   #118
ghostserver
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Reputation: 13
Posts: 26
Patches

Any word on a new patch yet? Game keeps crashing during battles for me. Turn times are becoming unbearable.
ghostserver is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 04:53 AM   #119
Daren
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 38
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostserver View Post
Any word on a new patch yet? Game keeps crashing during battles for me. Turn times are becoming unbearable.
I believe Mecron posted it wouldn't be out til Tuesday at the earliest but his post didn't make it sound like it was set in stone. So could be Tuesday, could be later.
Daren is offline  
Old 04-26-2012, 06:13 AM   #120
Sockmess
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Reputation: 39
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftBlizz View Post
I don't know.. people have theorized that parts of Kerberos did not know how far other parts of Kerberos had come (of course very embarrassing for Mecron when hit the fan).
Its not like Kerberos has a thousand employees. And its not like they wasn't doing beta testing as well. Add those two facts and that beta testers still can't come out and talk on the process is very damning on Kerberos.
Sockmess is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.