Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Realm of the Mad God

Old 03-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #46
GumBoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPereira View Post
Rage + Troll + Lack of skill = Very funny thread

It's funny how I never experienced any of these issues you mention and I play through the Steam Client...
That says more about your powers of observation than whether there is lag or not. The fact the developers acknowledge the problem should tell you something.

A twitch game with permanent death is pretty seriously tarnished by lag.

The long term solution seems clear to me.
GumBoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #47
A Ghost

Read: "I died; better blame it on lag or the internet might think I'm unskilled."
A Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #48
purplellama

its fun but could have greatly benefited from not being made for flash :\
agree with people that flash is more minigames and video
purplellama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:50 AM   #49
samnut11

o o
m my
a assame
g god
samnut11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #50
bobicus880

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnut11 View Post
o o
m my
a assame
g god
I feel stupid because I don't get this post
bobicus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #51
VoodooMike

The problem with the larger scale games being made in Flash lately is not that Flash is inherently terrible for large scale games, but that making such games in Flash is new to the people doing the programming, and they haven't learned the intricacies of working with the environment because, until now, they've been making minigames where it didn't matter.

The choppiness you'll often see in larger scale Flash games is typically based around the garbage collection system which, if the programmers haven't put a decent amount of thought and effort into accommodating, will get choppier and more frequent due to objects not being deallocated properly.

Many Flash developers think the GC is psychic, and don't put any significant effort into making sure objects are thoroughly dereferenced... that can lead to progressive memory leaks which would be mostly irrelevant in small-scale projects, but cause garbage collection to become more and more frequent as time goes on in larger projects, and each time it happens, it'll seem like a slight pause/lag in the game. Likewise, developers can put in suggestions to the GC about when to collect.. such as right before a large chunk of high-object action, such that the likelihood of collection drops significantly during times when you really don't want lag (like a fight).

Between developers learning better use of AS3 for larger scale projects, and Adobe streamlining aspects of the flash environment such that things run faster and smoother, and support more hardware assistance, I think we'll see these Flash based projects becoming better and more impressive with time.
VoodooMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #52
fakedeath

2Mb/s broadband cable net connection
thats not so good man......
for nowdays is not........
fakedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #53
foocy.toocy

Lag for excuse? I really don't want to believe people think 2 mb/s causes them to die in video games.
foocy.toocy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #54
NuBQuint

I will agree that occasionally the steam client version does slide your character a miniscule amount of time after lifting the key. I myself haven't tried the web client but will do so once the servers come back up.

But overall I haven't died because of lag. I've died because of stupidity (and the one time I died from a slight sliding I was being stupid anyways by being a fresh necro running into a unexplored room in the Underwater area). And my feeble wireless connection has never been the problem.

And I do agree that many things could be done to improve the game, and the flow of money they're seeing encourages them; but the choice is still theirs and you can't blame them for you loving a flash game that looks like 8 bit puke puddle.

As for the graphics argument I have no valid say having a Sandy bridge i7-2700k core and two nvidia 560 2gb sli graphics cards that never give me problems.
NuBQuint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #55
UfO Spy

Smile possible lag resolution

If someone got lags:
1. Try select Best server from ingame.
2. Copypaste Adobe AIR latest files to your *Steam\steamapps\common\realm of the mad god\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Resources folder.
For my system AIR is installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Resources.
3. Also I don't know if steam region of download is changing situation.
4. For some period disabling hardware acceleration of flash content IN BROWSER made game go smooth.
__
of course its on my own experience
UfO Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #56
RexMan85

One word for you, Indie...
RexMan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #57
Krios

it's a pay2win game written in flash.

Kinda funny.
Krios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #58
guthan333911

God damn someone is mad
guthan333911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #59
DragonRise1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krios View Post
it's a pay2win game written in flash.

Kinda funny.
Pay2win? No. That comment shows that you don't understand how this game works. You pay for a few extra chests or characters just so you don't have to die to start another person. I personally haven't bought anything and have reached Oryx multiple times. It isn't pay2play or pay2win, as you buy extra stuff that you don't really need, like clothing, keys, and randomly assorted potions that boost your health for short amounts of time. Everything to "win" the game is located in loot.
DragonRise1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #60
ton de mo nai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRise1 View Post
Pay2win? No. That comment shows that you don't understand how this game works. You pay for a few extra chests or characters just so you don't have to die to start another person. I personally haven't bought anything and have reached Oryx multiple times. It isn't pay2play or pay2win, as you buy extra stuff that you don't really need, like clothing, keys, and randomly assorted potions that boost your health for short amounts of time. Everything to "win" the game is located in loot.
Actually, you've just shown how little you know about this game.

The last line is true, everything you need to win is in the loot, among gear and stat pots. But people sell those, and the developers will never stop them from doing it, so you can definitely pay to win.
Oh, and people also sell amulets, which can literally make you immortal if you want to shell out enough cash for it.
ton de mo nai is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Realm of the Mad God