Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alan Wake

Old 04-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
Fuelke

Can't find Activation code - Collectors Edition

Hi,

Somehow I've got the feeling somebody will say: it's over there and I'll feel stupid for not checking, but ...

I've bought the Limited Collectors Edition of Alan Wake from an online retailer (http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/2949...n/Product.html), received it yesterday. It was sealed, so I unwrapped the plastic.

DVD into the PC, starting Steam, asking for the Activation code. And that's where I'm stuck... I've checked the first and last page of the manual, browsed the whole manual, browsed through "Alan Wake Files" booklet, checked the postcards, the poster, checked every disk and the placeholders for the disc, nothing...

According to this topic: http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=8534 it should be on the install DVD, but I've checked it over and over and no ... can't find out where it is.

What obvious thing am I forgetting?

- Davy

Last edited by Fuelke: 04-25-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
Fish-E

Volunteer Moderator
If you've checked all that and it's not there then I think the likely conclusion is... play.com forgot to pack it! I'd get on the phone to them (they should be able to send you a code, as I had a similar issue with Fallout: New Vegas and they were able to).
Fish-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
MarkusRMD

Remedy Games
The activation code should be printed on the game install DVD (not to any of the bonus discs). There is a white spot below the center hole, where the code should be. If it's not there then that's a manufacturing error. First time I hear about something like this though...

While the right way to go about would be to contact Nordic support (via here: http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/contact), I can also help. Send me a pic of the receipt and that install dvd in e.g. pm and I can get you a new code.
MarkusRMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
Fuelke

Send you a PM Markus.

There's no white spot on mine ... all black. If I compare my boxset to the picture @ Play.com it states: "Limited Collectors Edition" where the code is ...
Fuelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
MarkusRMD

Remedy Games
PM sent. For future reference the install code should be UNDERNEATH the LCE DVD.
MarkusRMD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alan Wake