Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DiRT series

Old 04-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
Chinook

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Magic Diablo View Post
The only thing more embarrassing than their bugs is their crappy workarounds. Their solution for F1 was a patch that forced your game to run on a single core - reducing your performance.
Sounds to me like it increased performance.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:30 AM   #17
Fatality_11

Well your problem may not have been the same for every else, CLEARLY.

I have DiRT 2, DiRT 3, F1 2010 and F1 2011 and they all play fine. No problems at all. The only problem I ever had was my save game being corrupt in DiRT 2 but that was fixed.
Fatality_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #18
Fatality_11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav| View Post
youre one of those idiots who think if they dont have a problem, no one else does either.
Wow, Okay well he might be one of those people that dont have problems. But the guy who made the thread is an idiot who thinks that because there are problems with codemasters games that EVERYONE has the same problem and therefore shouldn't buy their games. When clearly not everyone has had problems with the game. Myself included.
Fatality_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #19
Spykirby

GRID multiplayer went offline :[ while GRID was still selling and even had some sales afterwards.

At F1 2010, I think Codemasters told ppl they culdn't fix the force india bug and it wuld be fixed in 2011. gg @ telling ppl to buy the next sequal. Not sure if they took any action after ppl went mad :O

Dirt2 and Dirt3 both use GFWL.

Codemasters published FUEL (a game that was just aweful and never got any patches to fix anything).

I love grid and still play the dirt series aswell, but Codemasters just ruined it at me.
Spykirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #20
sonsonate

Well, despite not having THAT many issues, I won't be buying anything more from them. They basically ripped off people with F1 2010, lol, but I bought F1 2010 and 2011 (2011 was less of a headache for me). Dirt 3 is boring (personally, to me, IMHO) compared to Dirt 2 and especially Dirt 1. GRID was pretty much the best arcade/sim fusion for me and is MIA for now.

If they'd drop all the BS -- the fireworks, the flags, the cheering fans, the lame voice-overs, comments and cartoony look-- and and went back to just rally, I'd gladly drop a $50 for them.

PS whatever happened to Pikes Peak?!?

PPS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LIVE UP TO THE CODEMASTERS NAME AND RELEASE A GAME THAT DOESN'T HAVE MAJOR ISSUES.
sonsonate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #21
CDN_Merlin

Colin McRae rally was the best for me also. GRID is tons of fun for arcade. F1 2011 I've not had any issues with so far. Dirt 3 is fun but it's somewhat lacking.

I find that games today lack the ability to live on after the 1st year. We're not allowed to mod them or add new tracks. I'd love to play F1 2011 on other tracks or fictional ones.

Sadly, with big names like Codemasters they won't allow it.
CDN_Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #22
sonsonate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Merlin View Post
Colin McRae rally was the best for me also. GRID is tons of fun for arcade. F1 2011 I've not had any issues with so far. Dirt 3 is fun but it's somewhat lacking.

I find that games today lack the ability to live on after the 1st year. We're not allowed to mod them or add new tracks. I'd love to play F1 2011 on other tracks or fictional ones.

Sadly, with big names like Codemasters they won't allow it.
Seriously, if their games were open to modders, it would be a very good thing.
sonsonate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #23
BritishGaMer

This is my 2 pence input

I'll not support the Developers as long as they continue N.O.T to have supported us Gamers...

In other words I'll not be buying any more of Codemasters games no matter what platform it is until they show some real loyal support to those that bought there games. We supported them but they did not return the favour so Good Bye Codemasters...

They will learn alot from there mistakes as I'm not the only one fuming over there lack of anything...

I'm British just like Codemasters and I'm ashamed
BritishGaMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #24
Alienware Gamer

I no longer support Codemasters as Dirt2, Dirt3, F1 2010, F1 2011 all went downhill & instead of patching to fix serious issues Codemasters just made a new game instead. They are not going to survive on PC much longer anyway may as well quit why they are ahead. Dumping GFWL is a sign of how desperate Codemasters are to keep PC gamers happy

It will fail as will their crappy games
Alienware Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #25
Cunin

There are definitely problems on both Dirt1 and Dirt2, haven't played enough of Grid and Dirt3 to say anything about them.

Dirt1, for example, has a very annoying bug that if you touch your analog controls before your car's engine is started (you hear that in the sequence at the beginning of every race), both your gamepad and keyboard won't work anymore in the game, needing you to close the game with alt+f4 or through task manager and then reload it.
The profile saving is also very annoying as everytime it saves it, it has to tell you it has been saved and that message lasts for like 5 seconds on screen and you cannot skip it, and that happens everytime it is saved (which is very often). This is not a bug but an annoyance, and I guess you can just disable autosave but it's still stupid.

Dirt2 has profile corruption happening very often for some people, needing you to backup it everytime you quit the game or before playing it, otherwise you'll lose your level in both SP and MP, and your level is needed to progress on SP.

These are just 2 very annoying bugs that happened to me, and I'm sure other people has more. The fact that it works for a person doesn't mean it works for everyone, and most people just contact their support or bear with it instead of letting the internet know, that's why there's only a few players that seems to have them.

If you bother to go into their official forums you'll see how many problems people have, which has not a solutions but only workarounds made by the users themselves, and they never seem to answer any question there nor fix any of the problems that people reports.

Their games are good, though, and that is another fact. I've had a good time playing Dirt2 recently (except for that bug) and I look forward to their next titles, but I won't be buying them at full price and without knowing what problems they have that are not going to be fixed.
I've got the Codemasters racing bundle for cheap and I'm happy with it, but if I had paid full price for games that has serious bugs like these and they won't fix them, then I'd be angry too.
Cunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #26
AmphibiousKitty

DiRT 2 and 3 ran fine on ultra at 60fps for me, and F1 2010/11 ran fine for me as well. The only problem was that stuttering issue that thye never fixed.
AmphibiousKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:16 AM   #27
forerodestim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav| View Post
youre one of those idiots who think if they dont have a problem, no one else does either.
+100000000
forerodestim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #28
vowvoonrsq

Banned
I never had problems, and there's nothing wrong with GFWL.
vowvoonrsq is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DiRT series