Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darkness II, The

Old 04-22-2012, 03:34 AM   #1
BaSeBallDuDeR

Question Worth it At $17.99?

I have a chance to get this game for $17.99 bucks, is it worth it at this price?
Old 04-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Loosifur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSeBallDuDeR View Post
I have a chance to get this game for $17.99 bucks, is it worth it at this price?
Yeah, I think so. I got it on sale for about $20, and I'm happy with it. It's a pretty solid FPS with some character development in the form of a talent tree type of thing. The demon arms are a fun mechanic, and the light being a hazard adds another dimension to gameplay. I haven't finished yet, but it seems like the main campaign is a tad short. There is some added value in the Vendetta mode, which is basically a chance to use alternate characters in a less story-oriented mode with different "Darkness" abilities, and you can always replay the game to collect all the relics and so forth.

There's no PvP multiplayer, which is a little weird, but the Vendetta mode can be played co-op online. Haven't done that myself, so I don't know if it's any good. There's no DLC out yet, and I don't know if there's any coming down the pike despite there being a menu option for it.

tl;dr version: Yes.
Loosifur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
BaSeBallDuDeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosifur View Post
Yeah, I think so. I got it on sale for about $20, and I'm happy with it. It's a pretty solid FPS with some character development in the form of a talent tree type of thing. The demon arms are a fun mechanic, and the light being a hazard adds another dimension to gameplay. I haven't finished yet, but it seems like the main campaign is a tad short. There is some added value in the Vendetta mode, which is basically a chance to use alternate characters in a less story-oriented mode with different "Darkness" abilities, and you can always replay the game to collect all the relics and so forth.

There's no PvP multiplayer, which is a little weird, but the Vendetta mode can be played co-op online. Haven't done that myself, so I don't know if it's any good. There's no DLC out yet, and I don't know if there's any coming down the pike despite there being a menu option for it.

tl;dr version: Yes.
is it hard to find a partner for Vendetta?
BaSeBallDuDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:25 AM   #4
Loosifur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSeBallDuDeR View Post
is it hard to find a partner for Vendetta?
I don't know, actually, I've never tried. I would think you'd be able to, since the game came out pretty recently.
Loosifur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:10 AM   #5
cl4ym4n

Online coop is dead. You randomly have 2 or 3 hosted games with 1 or 2 players each, but that's about it. Wasn't much better shortly after release, but then again, this game wasn't made to be played for years, so it's no real surprise people moved on quite fast.
cl4ym4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
Borrachofunk69

Absolutely!

The main campaign is stellar and quite different from other FPS's out there. Art direction is off the walls.

Online is a special, co-op exclusive campaign that can also be soloed or played offline so you can get more out of the main storyline. I finished all missions yesterday and whilst it's true that there may only be 4-5 people playing, it's still quite enjoyable.

Buy this great game and help get more like it made. CoD is BORING.
Borrachofunk69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
shivars

Yes get it, its great. Also nice to have a game with a truly adult story, this is not for kids (duh), and I really enjoyed it.
shivars is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darkness II, The