Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wolfenstein series

Old 10-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
jsk68

I dont understand the low metascore......

Very good game imo, nicely polished, upgradeable weapons.
I'd give it an 8.7 or higher compared to the unfinished crap thats been released lately it's far better than 7.4.......
Old 10-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
theriv

yeah i really enjoyed it. Yet i believe the low metascore is due to Return to Castle Wolf being extremly awesome for its time when it came out. And this isnt much of a revolutionary game like RTCW was. People were expecting more.
theriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
casshern09

Yeah im really liking it. Its nothing revolutionary like the reviews say but I dont see that as a reason to mark it down. Its damn fun which is what im interested in.
casshern09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #4
Hi2u! Tw1TcH

The multiplayer, according to the consensus, was/is terrible.

Average singleplayer, not bad mind you, coupled with a terrible multiplayer equals a lower metascore.
Hi2u! Tw1TcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
jsk68

after seeing COD online, completely ruined by hackers I have no interest in the online aspect of shooters anymore.....hopefully cheaters can someday be perma banned from online games, but until then single player is all I care about.
jsk68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:54 AM   #6
Fire488

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk68 View Post
after seeing COD online, completely ruined by hackers I have no interest in the online aspect of shooters anymore.....hopefully cheaters can someday be perma banned from online games, but until then single player is all I care about.
I run many dedicated servers for almost every popular game that supports them and while I would agree that there are hackers out there in ALL games, with the ability to kick or ban, those problems can easily be handled without VAC or PB. Just need competent admins willing to make a good gaming environment for the clan/ community.
Fire488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
tonytoff

I think Wolfenstein is an absolutely amazing game and cant believe all the poor ratings it has received.
However, some of the criticism that the game has received on the Wolfenstein forum is much worse than anything that has been said on this forum.
The main problem was a poor multiplayer as mentioned before but also some very serious bugs which cause the game to crash....big-time! it happens when you try and smash every box(as I did) and when you go back into a completed level to collect gold and intel that you have missed.
People were screaming for months for a new patch and it finally arrived in the last few weeks after a lot of angry comments from gamers.....
however this patch v1.11 is not being installed automatically through Steam. Steam only install patch v1.1 but not the new patch v1.11
I have brought this to the attention of Steam support but have not heard anything back so for all you guys wanting the official Wolfenstein patch, here it is;
http://www.wolfenstein.com/board/vie...hp?f=14&t=2275

enjoy!
tonytoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #8
LTCHIPS

Banned
I can't really decide if Wolfenstien was worth the 5 year wait or not, I'm amazed at the single player, but I hated the multiplayer so much. I played RTCW ALOT, so I was hoping that the game was as good as RTCW was, but I can't decide.

This is giving me more of a headache than the delays on the game.
LTCHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:54 AM   #9
RubberBoot's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk68 View Post
Very good game imo, nicely polished, upgradeable weapons.
I'd give it an 8.7 or higher compared to the unfinished crap thats been released lately it's far better than 7.4.......
Yes the single player was well done butt obviously you never played return to castle wolfenstien witch had a great single player as well for its time and also the castlewolfenstien multy rocked to as well having modded communitys surround it for years. it was well worth the money. people are still playing in large servers for the older game. so as u would see the multiplayer in this new version sucks round things compared. witch iff you were a hard core computer gammer you would know this butt now you do. no offence. And iff u find it still hard to understand then think of it like being used to getting a gto mustang 305 v8 for 45,000 dollars butt the newest modell u paid 45,000 dollars and got a rust bucket.

Obviously iff u hadnt played the older version and didnt care about having dedicated servers over peer to peeer and sloppy consolish multi interface then you would love that rust bucket.

Last edited by RubberBoot's: 11-16-2009 at 07:14 AM.
RubberBoot's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:18 AM   #10
RubberBoot's

Hi

I give it 50. 100 for single player and 0 for multy player.

Last edited by RubberBoot's: 11-16-2009 at 07:23 AM.
RubberBoot's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #11
Hi2u! Tw1TcH

I couldn't get through the demo because the main character moves so slow.
Hi2u! Tw1TcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
v1ctor

singleplayer is average. about 65 at best. i certainly expected more from a game that has both the ID and Raven logo on it...

multiplayer is a catastrophe and probably the worst multiplayer i've ever played.
v1ctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #13
foadiron

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by theriv View Post
yeah i really enjoyed it. Yet i believe the low metascore is due to Return to Castle Wolf being extremly awesome for its time when it came out. And this isnt much of a revolutionary game like RTCW was. People were expecting more.
In what way was RTCW revolutionary?
foadiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #14
Primal_Hunter

Yeah, this game is fun the first time, but has no replay value. it isn't revolutionary, and is just your avergae shooter. Multiplayer is your standard shoot em up, nothing interesting. RTCW and Wolfenstein 3D are cult classics!
Primal_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #15
Garnog

My faith in Metacritic is severely tarnished, as it is full of either griefers or starry eyed fan-boys. Really, the sheer number of '0' ratings being handed out by players for so many games is just ridiculous. Just as foolish are the do-no-wrong '10' raters. Neither extreme gives any real insight as to the game's actual playability, and instead caters to personal gripes or adulation. Hard to find a fair, balanced review on that site.
Garnog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wolfenstein series