Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stellar Impact

Old 04-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
ThatCRUSTACEAN

Connection to Authentication Server Lost

So I just bought the game, and I can't get it to work.

Every time I start it up I get this same error message. . . Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Old 04-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
WarnarI

go to stellarimpact.com and make an acount. Should clear it up.
WarnarI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
ThatCRUSTACEAN

I did that, but I don't understand how it would link that account with my Steam account to allow me to access the game. It still isn't working!
ThatCRUSTACEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:56 AM   #4
DaEvangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCRUSTACEAN View Post
I did that, but I don't understand how it would link that account with my Steam account to allow me to access the game. It still isn't working!
The game doesn't authenticate through Steam. You start the game through Steam, but you need to have created a login name and password first at the Stellar Impact website mentioned above.

Start the game through Steam. Copy the activation code to clipboard when the Steam dialog box asks. Click Play. It will start up the game and will bring up a dialog box to log in. Put in your log in name and password that you created at the Stellar Impact web site. Another dialog box should pop up with some information and some buttons that say Activate Game, Buy DLC, Activate DLC. Since you haven't managed to get the game going yet, click on the Activate Game button. It will bring up a box where you can paste the key code you copied from Steam. Once activated the button will change to Play. Click play and you should be in the game.
DaEvangelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:02 AM   #5
Stilgarius

Tindalos Interactive
Quote:
So I just bought the game, and I can't get it to work.

Every time I start it up I get this same error message. . . Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Hi ThatCRUSTACEAN,

Your issue was due to a maintenance from our servers provider.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a good day,

Tindalos Interactive SUPPORT.
Stilgarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #6
ThatCRUSTACEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaEvangelist View Post
Start the game through Steam. Copy the activation code to clipboard when the Steam dialog box asks. Click Play. It will start up the game and will bring up a dialog box to log in. Put in your log in name and password that you created at the Stellar Impact web site. Another dialog box should pop up with some information and some buttons that say Activate Game, Buy DLC, Activate DLC. Since you haven't managed to get the game going yet, click on the Activate Game button. It will bring up a box where you can paste the key code you copied from Steam. Once activated the button will change to Play. Click play and you should be in the game.
Thank you for that detailed explanation, however my game won't even make it to log in screen, no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgarius View Post

Hi ThatCRUSTACEAN,

Your issue was due to a maintenance from our servers provider.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a good day,

Tindalos Interactive SUPPORT.
This seems like it would be the problem. I still can't connect so I'm assuming the servers are still down?

Also, thanks for all of the help! This is already a great community
Old 04-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
ThatCRUSTACEAN

Problem solved! Either the servers went back up, or my school's internet was blocking the traffic, because it's working now that I'm at home.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
EvilB

Im having a similar issue. When I start the game it says it can not connect to the authentication server and to restart. It gives me no other options. I already have a used account on the stellarimpact site. Any ideas?
EvilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #9
ThatCRUSTACEAN

It might be an issue on your end, like forwarding some ports or the network you're on. I don;t know the details, but that was the problem for me!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
EvilB

Quote:
It might be an issue on your end, like forwarding some ports or the network you're on. I don;t know the details, but that was the problem for me!
Dang, Im not nearly smart enough to figure that stuff out.
EvilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #11
aciada

Thumbs up

Quote:
in almost all situations, unless your school doesn't have very many people like me and my old school chums, the school admin will be savvy enough to have blocked any ports that would allow connections to games, and access to hamachi etc.

always try a game from a connection you know works for definite before panicking :P
aciada is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stellar Impact