Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Old 04-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #46
Hendrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mais Genre !!2 View Post
last time GFWL added a feature, George W. Bush was president
Oh god, I'm laughed at that joke alot harder than I should have. The best part is that he is actually correct, check the patchnotes.

The most recent "Additions" were UI improvements and the (failed) GFWL Marketplace that were provided in the 3.0 update in 2011. Anything specified to functionality in GFWL hasn't been added after Obama was elected.

"C H A N G E!"
Hendrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #47
DarthPsymon

Miserable thing has just ignored that I beat some bosses.
I've got the 'game complete' achievement but not the achievements for half the bosses.
DarthPsymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #48
JamesJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPsymon View Post
Miserable thing has just ignored that I beat some bosses.
I've got the 'game complete' achievement but not the achievements for half the bosses.
Same here, but more so. I got "Complete Game", but the only "world" achievements that are unlocked are Homeworld and Ice. Organic and the others are still locked. Not really important, but still annoying.

FWIW, in a number of my play sessions, there came a point where GFWL popped up, saying that I wasn't connected. No idea why. Maybe the missing worlds were completed after that happened, so they didn't register. I suppose it's possible they'll be unlocked at some point.
JamesJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #49
Alienware Gamer

Quote:
last time GFWL added a feature, George W. Bush was president
May 2011 was the last time GFWL changed so maths is not exactly your strong point is it! (Fable3 brought some behind the scenes changes to the GFWL client but there is no change log as its server side to improve the gamer experience).
Alienware Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #50
DarthPsymon

Quote:
last time GFWL added a feature...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienware Gamer View Post
May 2011 was the last time GFWL changed so maths is not exactly your strong point is it!
Seems Literacy isn't your strong point.

Also, May 2011? As in nearly a year ago?

Seems arguing isn't your strong point either.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #51
TucoBendicto

Quote:
May 2011 was the last time GFWL changed so maths is not exactly your strong point is it!
Yeah, and they surely took their chance to... expand the marketplace.
Very helpful.

Jesus Christ, if you aren't becoming embarrassing to read.
TucoBendicto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #52
Hauzer

Not sure why there's like 5 threads above this one about the same exact topic, but bumping this one since it has the most posts/views, and pretty stars.

Anyway, just want to say I will not be buying this game at full price for just this reason... Good sale and I probably will. GFWL is just annoying as hell, nobody likes it. Deal-breaker for most games, unless it's something you know you're really going to be into, or something you grab from a great sale.
Hauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #53
borsdy

Quote:
May 2011 was the last time GFWL changed so maths is not exactly your strong point is it! (Fable3 brought some behind the scenes changes to the GFWL client but there is no change log as its server side to improve the gamer experience).
What behind the scenes changes were these that were so significant to be noted by someone like you?
borsdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #54
jCyCle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashar View Post
Are there really people still out there without a permanent internet connection? Broadband is so cheap these days, i cant belive having to be online all the time is really a big deal
Ashar, asking a question like this is presumptuous. First off, the thread isn't about the ability to log on to play, its about the desire to log on to play. I personally enjoy not having ten thousand different online accounts to manage.
There are plenty of people who don't have fast or constant internet connections, but that is irrelevant.
jCyCle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #55
Yodake

GfWL = No purchase
Yodake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #56
wildseven

Is there no way of playing this without installing GFWL?
wildseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #57
SweetNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildseven View Post
Is there no way of playing this without installing GFWL?
No, unfortunately, it installs automatically with the game. However, you do NOT need a GFWL account to play this game. You can create a local profile and use that instead.
SweetNothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #58
Alienware Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetNothing View Post
No, unfortunately, it installs automatically with the game. However, you do NOT need a GFWL account to play this game. You can create a local profile and use that instead.
Doing that means you do not get to play Co-Op which is a big part of the online aspect!
Alienware Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:49 AM   #59
captain_howdy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantShoot View Post
I don't think the makers of this game will make any profit from the Steam sale. The publisher here is microsoft, so money goes there. The developers propably had to sign a contract where all rights go to Microsoft so they could get funding for doing the game.
Of course the developers would make some money from copies sold on steam. Microsoft are just publishing the game, they still have to pay the people that actually, you know, made the game. Thats like saying Treyarch and Infinity Ward make no profit from copies of Call of Duty games sold on steam because it all goes to Activision since they are the publisher.

They would have some kind of agreement stating the percentages that the publisher would get of any profits mode, but the exact amounts would only be known to them as every contract would be different.
captain_howdy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #60
DarthPsymon

Did you notice the post you replied to is nearly 5 months old? :S

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet