Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Plants vs. Zombies

Old 12-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
WadeBLFC

Where is my saved game?

I have had to start again on this game 3 times because sometimes it randomly deletes my save? I have no idea why its doing this, is anybody else having this problem?
Old 12-27-2011, 02:52 AM   #2
WadeBLFC

I think it has something to do with steam cloud? :s
WadeBLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:49 AM   #3
Qrusher14242

yeah i just had the same thing happen. I had done the first 9 levels and quit and then restarted steam and now it starts it over guess i wont use the steam cloud anymore
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Blossercubbles

I, too, experienced this issue. I downloaded the demo, bought the full title, and in one sitting accrued almost twenty seeds and such. Then, upon opening the game for the second time, I'm prompted to put in a name...even though I had my previous account, or so I thought. Of course, after telling it to go away, there was no account under my previous name, which means I must start over.

I don't know about regular people, but I loathe a forced restart. No matter how enjoyable a game is, if my data is lost due to no fault of my own, I get jaratey, and more often than not give it up. I really don't want to redo the first...oodles of Plants vs Zombies levels, just like I didn't feel like repeating full dungeons in Grandia after it froze for the seventh time.

So, if there is a way to guarantee no more data loss, I can safely and happily start over. But, if there is a possibility of losing everything each time I close the game, I'll just have to wait it out and maybe pick up a different version on some other apparatus.

I'm sad now. Do we know of a fix?
Blossercubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
jyggen

Lost my save game this morning, which kinda sucks with ~45 hours played and two achivements left. Now I have to play through the adveture mode again just so I can play I, Zombie Endless and hopefully meet the Yeti Zombie in the second playthrough of adventure.
jyggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:56 AM   #6
Cheery Facepalm

my saves have gone. i mean, theres an 18 page thread on this very issue going back a few years.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...856224&page=18

did they not fix it? or did an update break something?
Cheery Facepalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #7
Care_Bear

Hi everyone,

So for the Steam version, where can I find the save files? I have read the Plants vs Zombies FAQ thread and checked few locations and couldn't find them:
  • ...\ProgramData\PopCap Games\PlantsVsZombies\
  • ...\Steam\steamapps\common\plants vs zombies\

Everytime I get to the point of no recovery in survival endless, I have to start the whole thing again.

Last edited by Care_Bear: 04-28-2012 at 04:25 AM.
Care_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
anotherfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care_Bear View Post
Hi everyone,

So for the Steam version, where can I find the save files? I have read the Plants vs Zombies FAQ thread and checked few locations and couldn't find them:
  • ...\ProgramData\PopCap Games\PlantsVsZombies\
  • ...\Steam\steamapps\common\plants vs zombies\
Thanks for the Info!!
anotherfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Plants vs. Zombies