Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 04-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
Scythik

Co-op means more than one thing

We're at a point now where Co-op could mean a few different things. This needs to be clear in the steam store. You have campaign co-op, co-op mini missions, and co-op survival. I'm starting to notice that games are being listed as co-op and not explaining which kind. It's becoming a bit misleading.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #2
GusTheCrocodile

We're at a point now where singleplayer could mean a few different things. This needs to be clear in the steam store. You have campaign singleplayer, singleplayer mini missions, and singleplayer survival. I'm starting to notice that games are being listed as singleplayer and not explaining which kind. It's becoming a bit misleading.

Sorry to poke fun, but this "problem" is not at all specific to the 'co-op' indicator. You're simply never going to get a perfect description of the game from a few simple tags; that's not what they're for. Yes, people will want more detailed information, that's reasonable. But that's why the developers are given the opportunity to include a description of their game for people to read (and a trailer), it's why there's a link to the game's website, and it's why there are forums where you can ask questions of other players.
GusTheCrocodile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
Scythik

I see your point, but for a while co-op could also have meant local co-op. Then that was made into a separate tag. I jump on the opportunity to buy a game with a co-op campaign, even if the game itself isn't all that great. A full co-op campaign is massively different than a crappy survival mode. Leaving this up to the developers and/or publishers is assuming that they're all honest, which they aren't. Also, when pre-ordering a game, they don't always have their own forums and some of them don't have steam forums yet. Some games never even get their own steam forum.

These are products like any other, and this market is booming. Asking for a better way to differentiate a product shouldn't be a big deal.
Scythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
DarthPsymon

OP, I suggest you find some reviews of a game before purchasing. This should help you until products detail themselves in something other than the best possible light in order to draw you in and make an uneducated purchase.

edit: for example, find me a product of any type, any where, that says 'can't do this, can't do that'. If you get what I mean?
DarthPsymon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas