Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Batman: Arkham City

Old 04-28-2012, 02:19 AM   #1
Diavolus

Game crashes badly on startup

Good morning

Well, not so good for me, actually. I've bought Batman AC quite some time ago, and for a while I was able to play it perfectly well. Then I had to move to another town, and my internet connection dropped from 25.000 kb/s to 1.000 kb/s. Still no problem. It all started, when I gradually changed my hardware.

With this there was a complete reinstall of Win7 64bit, and Steam as well. Before I did that, I made backups from all my Steam games currently installed. After I reinstalled Steam, I tried to get Batman working again (now on FullHD and maximum graphic settings), but I got an error message each time the game searched for DLCs (I own the Catwoman, Nightwing and Robin packs, yet couldn't get them downloaded thanks to Games for Windows Live). So I thought, OK, let's reinstall Batman AC, it worked fine when I downloaded it via Steam, it should do again.

I mentioned my low internet connection already. You can imagine that with 2 hours per GByte (while abandoning the internet at all during this time) and 17 GByte to download, I didn't do it at once. Anyways, tonight I finished downloading, and wanted to play right after getting up. Yet the very same error occurs every time I try to start it. When the game comes to the point where it searches for DLCs, it crashes, and I can only get out of it using the task manager...

The error message is this:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7...manaaerror.jpg

I don't want to download it again, as you sure can figure out yourself. Yet I want to play BAC again... Shall I try downloading the DLCs first (that will take another 2 hours, I'm afraid)? Or is there any other possible solution to this problem?
Old 05-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
MrVegaBiggs

Did you finaly make it work ?

I have the same problem...
MrVegaBiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
in.meinem.turm.

verify your game files. If it redownloads stuff something was wrong. But it will not redownload it all at least.
in.meinem.turm. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
MrVegaBiggs

already done.
MrVegaBiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
Sandulf29

Before you keep on formatting your PC and installing numerous times. be warned about SecuROM's crappy DRM and machine install limit. And yeah as the other guy said, verify game cache files. Looks like some files are issing or corrupted
Sandulf29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Batman: Arkham City