Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trine series

Old 04-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
darclon888

trine2 - suddently not able to play online anymore

hey all!

i bought trine2 4 days ago. and i played it till end with a RL friend. we connected together over the ingame private lobby.
everything worked perfect (amazing in 3d really) now we wanted to play it a sec time on hard core mode. now suddently we BOTH get the same errors. Failed to Join Game (4) or Failed to Join Game (376453). why? any suggestions/ideas? really its like we played yesterday afternoon, evening we wanted to beginn and it didnt work anymore....
Old 04-09-2012, 03:59 AM   #2
ChriZ_d3luXe

I have the same error message on half of the public games. Until v1.08 it worked perfectly fine, I could join any game.
ChriZ_d3luXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #3
8bobthebuilder

Currently, I am experiencing the same problem.

Every time when I attempt to connect with a friend for online co-op (private and public games) I get the error message: "failed to join game (0)".

Sometimes, i also cannot join other people's games, while at other times I can.

Perhaps there could be some kind of fix.
8bobthebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:47 AM   #4
JoelFB

Frozenbyte
We're investigating this - at the moment we think it's a temporary problem on Steam's end.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
Valen235

It helped my brother to start steam as admin.
I hope it will help some people.
Valen235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Berra_la

Me and my friend have the same problem. I could host, but he could not join anything. After attempting to run steam as admin he could host, but we never managed to connect to each other (I tried admin launch as well).

So it was better with admin for us, but still not fixed.
Berra_la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:36 AM   #7
JoelFB

Frozenbyte
Try both Public and Private games, although that really shouldn't make much of a difference. Are you getting these errors too:

Failed to Join Game (4)
Failed to Join Game (376453)

?

Old 04-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
Berra_la

Me:
No trouble hosting.
Can't join my friend no matter what: Fail to Join Game (4)
Can join some online games, others, not: Fail to Join game (131075)
(I don't notice any difference running Steam as administrator)

My friend:
(I'm not 100% certain, this is what I remember from us talking about it last time we tried, about a week ago)
Couldn't host at all until we tried restarting Steam as administrator: Failed to Join Game (0)
Can't join my game no matter what: Fail to Join Game (4)
Can join some online games, others, not: Unknown error message.

Public or private did not seem to make any difference.

We both regularly play other steam games (and non-steam games) online without any issue. He connects his computer directly to the Internet, I use a router (not the same house).

Last edited by Berra_la: 04-16-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
JoelFB

Frozenbyte
Is that "Unknown error message" just that or simply something that you don't remember?

But yeah right now I have no idea on this. We will setup our own multiplayer system on Windows at some point and make that available to Steam users too, so that should solve any strange issues like this eventually, but it will take some time before that happens... I'll PM you with some further thoughts.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #10
Berra_la

No, that's me not knowing since my friend was unavailable at the time of writing.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
jimnms

I'm having a similar problem. I pre-ordered the game, but have yet to play coop since none of my friends will buy it. I pieced together a second gaming system from old parts for my niece to play games on when she comes over. I tried to get a coop game going between them, but I get this error:
Trine 2 failed to join game (327683)
I've searched and read posts and tried every solution I could find, but nothing works. I already have the Steam ports set up on my firewall to forward to my system. You can't forward the same ports to two different IP address, so I wonder if that is the problem. I also disabled the Windows firewall to rule it out.

Is it possible to play on two systems on the same local network through a router? Having a LAN option would be nice.
jimnms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #12
8bobthebuilder

I should add that although Steam has updated a number of times since my first post in this thread, I still sometimes get connection errors. Sometimes I can join online games while at other times I cannot and the same is true of people trying to join my game.
8bobthebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
JoelFB

Frozenbyte
We have a potential idea on this (could be related to Steam sending data through a relay server - which in theory is good but talking with other developers who are also having similar issues, it seems that it might cause problems sometimes). Our next patch will have an option for this, so we can then see if it's really the cause...

jimnms, we don't yet have a proper LAN option. We will add it at some point (to a degree at least). Right now I don't have anything to suggest on that, hopefully we get the patch released before the next time she comes over...

Old 05-03-2012, 07:22 AM   #14
Berra_la

Me and my friend finally got around to testing Trine 2 again yesterday. We didn't change anything from the last time, but everything worked the first attempt.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:28 AM   #15
JoelFB

Frozenbyte
Good. Looks like the issue isn't so prevalent anymore. Enjoy finally.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Trine series