Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magic: The Gathering series > Duels of the Planeswalkers

Old 04-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
jaxx9

Trinity of Elements....WTF???

What is this scata? WTF????? FFFF. ne1 help? Mana flood or no creature. Unlock only 1. Which is good to unlock deck against? I keep losing. jarateed...
Old 04-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Tiamatt

Easiest way is to lower the difficulty and ironically play against itself in a mirror match. That or play as the archenemy if you have the expansion, the schemes are so OP they can easily win the game for any deck.
Tiamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
PolarisOrbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamatt View Post
Easiest way is to lower the difficulty and ironically play against itself in a mirror match. That or play as the archenemy if you have the expansion, the schemes are so OP they can easily win the game for any deck.
Actually Trinity is really tough to win as Archenemy-- probably the worst deck in the game for playing as Archenemy.

Playing custom games against itself is a good method for unlocking cards, though.

Another option is 2HG with Cloudburst, which synergizes surprisingly well. Strange how two bad decks together can actually make one strong team. Trinity also works pretty well against Archenemies as long as they assume you're harmless, which they usually do. It does so much damage in one turn that the enemy loses while they still thought they had plenty of time.
PolarisOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
strikerbolt

Another option is 1v1 vs. Kiora Atua deck (Blue/Green). That's how I unlocked all of my Trinity deck anyway.
strikerbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:28 AM   #5
Rhyten

I unlocked it by playing 2hg with Vampires against Trinity of elements and Dragon's roar. Was fun and never lost
Rhyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #6
donfuan

it's tough to unlock it. set the difficulty to lowest, and play against archenemy or 2HG with strong partner decks. Once fully unlocked it's not that bad, but really suffers from land autotapping. I threw out the blue, it hurts, but it plays better then.
cheers
donfuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
jaxx9

Thank u everyone for all the help. Was very (#1 with an ed); er past tense. I see typing that comes out as jarateed. how...interesting. Am very appreciative of this help. From mass rage post was very angry. Not usually that way. tks.
jaxx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #8
vlesperance

Ironically, Trinity kicked major buttocks just a few minutes ago. It was on Archenemy multiplayer. The archenemy had us all down to 1-4 life each, had 14 0/1 speedbumps at the ready, and a couple pumped creatures. Between the 3 of us we had 11 creatures, the largest of which was 2/2...

So both my partners ragequit before our turn started. I practically had an anurism... because I had a pair of "strength in numbers" saved for a rainy day. I hoped that the AI would attack, but assumed it wouldn't. It did, and the 1/1 that the archenemy let through suddenly became 23/23. Just enough to put him down.

I told him that was a great game with good back and forth and a surprise ending. He booted me.

I kind of enjoy Trinity. I don't play to win as much as I play to enjoy logic puzzles. And I find Trinity games remind me more than any of the challenge puzzles they have in the game. Its usually mana heavy, allowing several options, with draws, and no one card being any good, but the overall combos creating surprising moves..and yes, I often have that feel of "I have one turn to defeat my enemy before his massive army destroys me." With alot of other decks, I feel like the optimal move is fairly obvious most of the time.
vlesperance is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magic: The Gathering series > Duels of the Planeswalkers