Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead

Old 01-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
excessivefarce

L4D stats not updating in Steam

Hello!

I just recently purchased L4D on Steam. I've played a few times in the on-line campaign mode. The problem I seem to be having is that none of my stats are recording in Steam. It only says I've played one game and all my other stats are zero, which I know isn't possible since I've been through a few campaigns.

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, is there any way to remedy it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:25 AM   #2
Threesixtyci

Stats don't keep track of how many games you played in Co-op, so I'm guessing you're talking about versus. Just know that the favorite campaign has always been broken. Also, don't think the stat updates are instant.

And they may only work when joining games via the lobby, and not openserverbrowser, But I've never bothered to verify.... Doubt anyone really cares about those stat pages, anymore.

edit: first sentence is wrong.

Last edited by Threesixtyci: 02-29-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Threesixtyci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
excessivefarce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threesixtyci View Post
Stats don't keep track of how many games you played in Co-op, so I'm guessing you're talking about versus. Just know that the favorite campaign has always been broken. Also, don't think the stat updates are instant.
I haven't tried versus yet, so I wouldn't know if that worked or not. The only thing I've done is on-line campaign and I try to host a lot so I can start at the beginning. But if the game doesn't track that, then that would make sense why all my stats aren't showing up.

Quote:
And they may only work when joining games via the lobby, and not openserverbrowser, But I've never bothered to verify.... Doubt anyone really cares about those stat pages, anymore.
That could be. It's not a huge deal to me, I was just curious. I'm kind of a stats buff so it would've been cool to see if it really worked like it should.

Thanks for the help!
excessivefarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
Caslon

Making official servers might help. I say this because you may choose Best Available servers and it shows the L4D logo, but it's not. Many non official servers display the L4D logo like its an official server. The same goes with even choosing Official servers. I've joined one or two that were modded, which means Valve did a crappy job with server setups. They never bothered to fix it because L4D2 was about to happen. They want the L4D1 players to drop L4D1 for the sequel.
Caslon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
excessivefarce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
Making official servers might help. I say this because you may choose Best Available servers and it shows the L4D logo, but it's not. Many non official servers display the L4D logo like its an official server. The same goes with even choosing Official servers. I've joined one or two that were modded, which means Valve did a crappy job with server setups. They never bothered to fix it because L4D2 was about to happen. They want the L4D1 players to drop L4D1 for the sequel.
I didn't even think of that. I always had it set for best available. I'll try official servers and see what that does. Thanks for the tip!
excessivefarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
Fac3hugg3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threesixtyci View Post
They should remove the stats page altogether, since no one is playing lobby these days. Every time I join the versus lobby there is 1 game in progress rarely, you can forget joining modes like Survival because no one joins these lobbies anymore. I have done all Survival gold achievements on custom servers through server browser(you can still find people playing there), but L4D stats page didn't update anything Whatever, dead game is dead
Fac3hugg3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:18 AM   #7
Szejku

Hi.
I have problem with stats in Left 4 Dead. I play on map "The Boathouse" and i earn gold with time 10:18,90. When i check my time on this map in game, this time is showed. But when i play this map, my best time is 7:28. This same time is showed in my stats in community page

today i beat my record again, i survive 11:59, and my stats in community page is still broken, still 7:28

you know what i mean? statistic for this survival map is frozen.
Szejku is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead