Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Noitu Love 2 Devolution

Old 04-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
DuckStab

Angry Game pauses

Every single time I attack an enemy the game pauses for a half second.

EDIT: it turns out the game only stutters when I kill an enemy, not just when I attack it. It's a damn shame that this keeps happening, because whenever the game is running smoothly I'm having a lot of fun.

Last edited by DuckStab: 04-24-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
konjak

I'm sad you're upset about this but this is not a bug. It's an effect for impact when an enemy dies, it plays a slight pause. This was something I lifted from 3D Zelda games. If you ever played one, especially Wind Waker, you'll notice the game pauses when enemies are defeated. Fighting games also do this for heavy attacks.

A different choice is to only freeze you and the enemy killed like multiplayer fighters, I suppose, but I have not heard any other complaints about this, or confusions of it being a bug.

It is a game made with strange software though. Even if it was a performance issue the game is software rendered and no graphics card will help that.

Sorry you're not enjoying yourself.
konjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
DuckStab

Oh no wonder I couldn't find a fix lol. I think it's kind of a strange design decision considering the massive amounts of enemies that you encounter at once. This game seems very fast paced, hectic and crazy, so having constant pauses whenever one of the many weak enemies dies really screws with the flow IMO.

I'm actually really enjoying this game, that's why I was so mad about the pauses, because it was the only thing really screwing with said enjoyment. Is there any sort of line in a config file that I could change to remove this effect? Oh and I won't be avoiding your games or flipping out about them anymore, if it was a bug that would be one thing but a legitimate game design decision is something I can respect. I'll change the OP post around too. You made an awesome game, the pauses just kill it for me.
DuckStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
Uniswarm

It's funny, but I completed this game many times and noticed this pauses only now because of this discussion.
Uniswarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
Maxobiwan

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniswarm View Post
It's funny, but I completed this game many times and noticed this pauses only now because of this discussion.
Haha ! Same for me

But now, I know why I feel my atacks hurt enemies. (poor robots)
Maxobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
dark_star_80

So. Many. Pauses. Yes, Link had a little tic when attacking, but it was shorter and enemies weren't packed so tightly. Love the soundtrack and art style but the stuttering does wear thin after a time.
dark_star_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
Zonicspeed

Yeah, this game is a ton of fun, but I wish there was an option to turn off the pauses. It feels like the gameplay grinds to a halt when there's a lot of enemies around.
Zonicspeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Noitu Love 2 Devolution