Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Spy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 02:50 AM   #1
Mcfan2
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 856
Posts: 5,160
[Suggestion] Grordbort items for the Spy.

I have a suggestion, so here we go...

The Saboteur 66
Level 66 Ultra-Wave Equaliser
Does not require ammo
Can be fired without losing disguise
Projectile cannot be deflected

No random critical hits
-50% damage penalty


As you might have guessed from the stats, this Revolver fires projectiles. They are very small and travel as fast as a Crusader Crossbow bolt.

Awesome Sapper Name 9001
Level 1 Sapper
Drains Metal/Ammo/Charge from Dispensers/Sentry Guns/Teleporters.
-50% sapper health (This means that it will fly off after a single Jag whack)

Note:It WILL still drain building health like the stock sapper does.
Drain rates:
Dispenser - 40 metal/s
Sentry Gun - 20 rounds and 2 rockets/s
Teleporter - 15% charge/s

Feel free to point out some major flaws that I might have missed.

Last edited by Mcfan2: 04-28-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Mcfan2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:27 AM   #2
A Snowflake
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 2
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfan2 View Post

The Saboteur 66
Level 66 Ultra-Wave Equaliser
Does not require ammo
Can be fired without losing disguise
Projectile cannot be deflected

No random critical hits
-50% damage penalty


As you might have guessed from the stats, this Revolver fires projectiles. They are very small and travel as fast as a Crusader Crossbow bolt.
So like if your disguised projectiles fly out of your disguised char?
A Snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
Mcfan2
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 856
Posts: 5,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Snowflake View Post
So like if your disguised projectiles fly out of your disguised char?
Yes, this allows enemies to identify the Spy.
Mcfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
Argeon
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 1361
Posts: 4,932
Oh, I remember when I suggested that the spy should be able to shoot while invisible...

OT: I wouldn't use the sapper. Stock would be better.
Argeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
JPA32
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 109
Posts: 997
Does the sapper still destroy buildings? Otherwise it's useless.
JPA32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #6
Mcfan2
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 856
Posts: 5,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA32 View Post
Does the sapper still destroy buildings? Otherwise it's useless.
Oy, it does! I'll clear that up.
Mcfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
Markisthetitan
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 17
Posts: 345
Don't ever try to balance something with no random crits unless it gives situational crits.

Other than that, the 50% damage penalty makes this weapon pitiful (as it would only deal 30 damage without damage spread, and instantly make everyone within a 10 mile radius notice you (tell me the pomson and bison don't give away your position instantaneously). The spy doesn't need a projectile weapon.

Sapper's got some potential though.
Markisthetitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
roamzero
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 115
Posts: 1,104
If the spy gets a Grodborts laser Id be happy with a Bison reskin that the spy could use.
roamzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #9
TheSentryIsaSpy
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Reputation: 1489
Posts: 9,247
A Spy Grordbort revolver should work like the bison, only it has an 4 shot clip size, drains 25 metal per hit, and disables buildings on hit for 2 seconds.
TheSentryIsaSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
ChaoSynergy
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Reputation: 408
Posts: 2,449
The Victorious Mongoose
Level XX Concealable Ray Pistol
+40% faster weapon switch
+100% faster firing rate
Each consecutive shot with this weapon doubles in knockback force

-10% damage
-50% clip size


Duotonic Energy Siphon
Level XX Knife
Engineer and Medic kills with this weapon fill your Eclipse meter
When Eclipse is full, it boosts cloak regeneration rate by 200%, and grants you near-instant cloaking and decloaking fade times for the next 10 seconds

+100% slower swing time
Afterburn drains your Eclipse meter


Transdimensional Phase Inducer
Level XX Fusion Watch
Cloak Type: Phase
Cloak lasts for 8 seconds
Cloaking does not shimmer when bumped or shot
Cloaking allows you to pass through enemy players

Can only cloak when meter is full
Cloak charge gained from metal is capped at 30%
Decloaking within enemy players instantly kills you. Idiot.


The Polarity Inversion Node
Level XX Micro-Computer
Converts enemy buildings to your side
Converted buildings function at half their capacity and revert back to their original team after 30 seconds

Last edited by ChaoSynergy: 04-30-2012 at 02:08 PM.
ChaoSynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #11
arendsturn
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 83
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoSynergy View Post
The Victorious Mongoose
Level XX Concealable Ray Pistol
+40% faster weapon switch
+100% faster firing rate
Each consecutive shot with this weapon doubles in knockback force

-10% damage
-50% clip size


Duotonic Energy Siphon
Level XX Knife
Engineer and Medic kills with this weapon fill your Eclipse meter
When Eclipse is full, it boosts cloak regeneration rate by 200%, and grants you near-instant cloaking and decloaking fade times for the next 10 seconds

-100% slower swing time
Afterburn drains your Eclipse meter


Transdimensional Phase Inducer
Level XX Fusion Watch
Cloak Type: Phase
Cloak lasts for 8 seconds
Cloaking does not shimmer when bumped or shot
Cloaking allows you to pass through enemy players

Can only cloak when meter is full
Cloak charge gained from metal is capped at 30%
Decloaking within enemy players instantly kills you. Idiot.


The Polarity Inversion Node
Level XX Micro-Computer
Converts enemy buildings to your side
Converted buildings function at half their capacity and revert back to their original team after 30 seconds
I like that sapper, can you imagine? Engie leaves for a moment, decloak and sap, he comes back, and BOOM. or perhaps sapping engie nests... muahahahahaha.
arendsturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:33 AM   #12
Mcfan2
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 856
Posts: 5,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSentryIsaSpy View Post
A Spy Grordbort revolver should work like the bison, only it has an 4 shot clip size, drains 25 metal per hit, and disables buildings on hit for 2 seconds.
I considered building disabling, but I couldn't think of a way to implement it properly.
Mcfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #13
Selbi
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 1292
Posts: 5,306
No more Grordbort items. Please. Oh god, please.
Selbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #14
Kiloace
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 983
Posts: 4,496
Saboteur 66
Level XX Indivisible Particle Smasher
Does not require ammo
On Hit: Building stops operating for 2 seconds
Can be fired without breaking disguise


Karma's a profanity, Pomsom donkeys.
Kiloace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
XAwesomeOneX
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Reputation: 15
Posts: 342
Grordbort items are ruining the game.
XAwesomeOneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Spy


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.