Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 04-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
bannoura

Toy soldiers wont run

I run it, screen goes black then it crashes . I already did; verify integrity game cache and def-rag. I am pretty sure my GPU is updated as well, anyone got a clue?

thx
Old 04-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
bannoura

sigh, i found out why but can't seem to fix the problem. Damn games for windows is being a pain the and it won't run. it goes through the installation but it won't run, cant figure out why, i tried reinstalling games for windows but that didnt work
bannoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
DoubleD

Volunteer Moderator
Did you create an account (GFWL) for the first time? I think it needs to update first? That is what I had to do. Then when I restarted the game I login (to GFWL) set it to save login info and I was good to go.

I am on Win7. I think some people were having issues with XP? If that is any help?

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose..
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #4
bannoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippleD View Post
Did you create an account (GFWL) for the first time? I think it needs to update first? That is what I had to do. Then when I restarted the game I login (to GFWL) set it to save login info and I was good to go.

I am on Win7. I think some people were having issues with XP? If that is any help?
well GFWL won't even run for me to log in, i do have an account from the GTA4 days, I even tried age of empires online and GFWL ran . Not sure exactly what the issue is with this game
Old 04-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #5
DoubleD

Volunteer Moderator
I don't think I had to install or run anything? I just went to the GFWL web site and created an account. (A free one). Then when I started TS in Steam I entered my GFWL id and passowrd when asked.

So you are not getting any spalsh screen in game to enter your info?

But I am new to GFWL so I don't really know how that works.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #6
bannoura

Quote:
I don't think I had to install or run anything? I just went to the GFWL web site and created an account. (A free one). Then when I started TS in Steam I entered my GFWL id and passowrd when asked.

So you are not getting any spalsh screen in game to enter your info?

But I am new to GFWL so I don't really know how that works.
no i am getting nth, just black screen then crashes to desktop, GFWL does not show up at all
Old 04-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
DoubleD

Volunteer Moderator
I am not sure but did you take a look at this thread? I think some where in there others had your issue but had a solution?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2673111

Old 04-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
bannoura

Quote:
I am not sure but did you take a look at this thread? I think some where in there others had your issue but had a solution?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2673111
yea read that thread, no solution, might need to be patched to work for everyone, Thank you anyway
Old 04-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #9
DoubleD

Volunteer Moderator
Must have been another thread. They posted something about going into the TS folder and clicking on something there. I may be wrong. I have read a lot of threads this past weekend. They were on XP I Believe.

Sorry I could not help.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #10
bannoura

Quote:
Must have been another thread. They posted something about going into the TS folder and clicking on something there. I may be wrong. I have read a lot of threads this past weekend. They were on XP I Believe.

Sorry I could not help.
no worries, i appreciate you trying, hopefully someone will find a solution, otherwise $7.50 well spent lol
Old 04-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #11
DoubleD

Volunteer Moderator
Have a look here. Might help?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2673815

Old 04-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
|Ω|Asdzx17☃

Exclamation Toy Soldiers (the game)

been seeing this in A LOT of places that use GFWL (games for windows live) and i tried to resolve this issue last night...
ive had this issue with prejudice: sector 8, toy soldiers, and a now even warhammer 40k.

whenever i start up toy soldiers, everything runs smoothly for about 30 seconds, then i hear this ping noise, then the coursor for toy soldiers comes up and NOTHING happens, and the first time around i just waited for about 20 minuets, and nothing happened, so i Alt-Tab and i see this little white box that says "Error - Windows Live Failed To Initialize" or something around those lines,
ive uninstalled, re installed, you guys know the story, even for windows live, and i even saw that one guy reformatted his PC back to factory settings and this still didn't fix the issue, so hopefully i get some luck here.

What Do Steam Users?
|Ω|Asdzx17☃ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #13
Joreel

Log into your GFWL before you start Toy Solders. I had to do this on other GFWL in the past and it usually fixed the login issues. It always seem to be on the Microsoft side, not the Devs, so give it a try and see if it helps. Once the game sees the GFWL account it should be ok after that. I have to agree with some of the posters though that having to log into my GFWL account to play the game in Steam is a little annoying, but as I have it set to auto login, it doesn't really bother me THAT much. If there was MP it would make sense, but as the MP isn't an issue, it's probably more of a Microsoft control issue lol.
Joreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #14
bannoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreel View Post
Log into your GFWL before you start Toy Solders. I had to do this on other GFWL in the past and it usually fixed the login issues. It always seem to be on the Microsoft side, not the Devs, so give it a try and see if it helps. Once the game sees the GFWL account it should be ok after that. I have to agree with some of the posters though that having to log into my GFWL account to play the game in Steam is a little annoying, but as I have it set to auto login, it doesn't really bother me THAT much. If there was MP it would make sense, but as the MP isn't an issue, it's probably more of a Microsoft control issue lol.
I cant even run GFWL, i try to start it , it says loading then goes away and nth happens
Old 04-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #15
bannoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blufmacaroon View Post
Alt + tab and go back in game, worked for me and some others.
that didnt work for me, nth happens when i lick alt tab

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion