Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2

Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #16
DAOWAce

I experience this as well.

Ran the demo a few months ago without issues; finally got the full game today and it won't get passed the splash screen.

Might be my old demo preferences folder conflicting with the full version, gonna remove and re-verify to see if it fixes it.

For those saying 5-10 minutes to load, that is absurd. Now, if it's generating every single shader in the game, then I could understand that slow speed, but otherwise that's like floppy drive loading time.

Edit: Seems like it is recompiling the shaders as I suspected.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=537220

Last edited by DAOWAce: 04-26-2012 at 01:04 PM.
DAOWAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #17
Niscimble

This last patch killed my game. Runs in DX9, but not DX11.
Niscimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #18
Apheirox

Seems obvious problem is with something they introduced down the line in a patch if you've got the demo working.

You're more likely to receive help, I think, if you head over to the official forums at forums.totalwar.com. They've got the professional supporters over there. If you've already scoured their forums for solutions I guess you're just out of luck.

If you don't want to invest further time into verifying all your various drivers are updated I would suggest trying lowering gfx settings and possibly downgrading directx mode and just live with slightly less bells and whistles but a more stable game.

edit: oops, appears you tried that already. Try deploying this fix: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238484
Apheirox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #19
DeadlyFred

Might want to look into this:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...er-issue/page4

I had a similar problem with my new 8120 and certain Steamworks games. It's been fixed via BIOS updates on newer boards but as you already checked, there are no newer updates for the one you have (think its the same as mine). Either way, this seems to have fixed the issues.
DeadlyFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #20
Forknsp0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Barbarian View Post
Do you have any other games on the same hard drive? How do they run?
I have League of Legends and Guild Wars at the moment; Both running at the highest settings at around 50-60 FPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAOWAce View Post
I experience this as well.

Ran the demo a few months ago without issues; finally got the full game today and it won't get passed the splash screen.

Might be my old demo preferences folder conflicting with the full version, gonna remove and re-verify to see if it fixes it.

For those saying 5-10 minutes to load, that is absurd. Now, if it's generating every single shader in the game, then I could understand that slow speed, but otherwise that's like floppy drive loading time.

Edit: Seems like it is recompiling the shaders as I suspected.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=537220
Yeah; I played the demo perfectly well. I bought the game and now I can't play. Kinda makes me sad.

And yeah; I was hoping to get a fix here but I am thinking that the Total War forums will be my best bet.
Forknsp0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #21
blastmetal

Red face Um my directory file does not exist

Every keeps talking about going to a directory file of creative assembly, but this 1 does not exist on my pc even when i download the gamefrom steam its absend. So all these nice looking problem solvers every1 keeps posting dont work out for me. Im starting to come to a point im gone get grey hairs from this game and then rip em out of my skull of frustration, so plz can any 1 help me out iv tryed almost everything steam bombarded at with cache file verifi
and defrag and reinstall steam u name it. this problem with my accured after i first installed the game and said there was a problem with my adobe player, that it was out of date so i updated and did what ever i could to check my drivers and wazza my pc said ur cool man all is fine, now after that the game keeps ♥♥♥♥ting in ma face like screw u buddy
blastmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:56 AM   #22
StormXLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastmetal View Post
Every keeps talking about going to a directory file of creative assembly, but this 1 does not exist on my pc even when i download the gamefrom steam its absend. So all these nice looking problem solvers every1 keeps posting dont work out for me. Im starting to come to a point im gone get grey hairs from this game and then rip em out of my skull of frustration, so plz can any 1 help me out iv tryed almost everything steam bombarded at with cache file verifi
and defrag and reinstall steam u name it. this problem with my accured after i first installed the game and said there was a problem with my adobe player, that it was out of date so i updated and did what ever i could to check my drivers and wazza my pc said ur cool man all is fine, now after that the game keeps ♥♥♥♥ting in ma face like screw u buddy
Dude the folder they are talking about is in appdata
StormXLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:45 AM   #23
SuperCafe

im having the same problem only mine takes half an hour to get to the menu and i updated my drivers i created a thread recently you could stil see it
SuperCafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #24
DeadlyFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCafe View Post
im having the same problem only mine takes half an hour to get to the menu and i updated my drivers i created a thread recently you could stil see it
The answer is 99% most likely your bios, I offered two suggestions to fix it.
DeadlyFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #25
Vossil

I have the latest BIOS, the latest drivers for everything and the game doesn't load. I just bought the FotS DLC. The game loaded without a problem before. Now it's just freezing.
Vossil is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2