|01-26-2009, 08:46 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2007
UFO:AL unoficial patch 1.7 available
Released today. It works on all versions of the game including Steam. You will have to disable Steam auto-update for this game to remain with this patch (1.7). Steam will probably never update to this patch or version 1.6 as they are unofficial patches. Steam´s version is 1.5
UFO: Afterlight - patch - v1.7
© ALTAR games, 2009
This patch upgrades any previous version of UFO: Afterlight to version 1.7.
Thanks to Ufo forum community and especially PetteriB, who has biggest merit in this patch.
* This patch supports following language versions: English, French, German, Russian,
Spanish, Hungarian, Czech, Polish, Italian, Chinese
* This patch adds an application called Localization Pack Manager which can be
used for changing game's language
* It is recommended to start a new game when upgrading from v1.5 or earlier version of UFO:AL
CHANGES IN VERSION 1.7
* Add-on duplication bug
* Expedition Commander and Expedition Soldier mix up in research item names
* Drones no longer get paralyzed by Beastman paralyzing ammunition
* It is no longer possible to get additional characters to join your team by letting a drone
get killed during a mission
* It is now possible to fix the "corrupted ground textures" problem by disabling bump mapping
for ground models in the "Graphics" option menu (thanks to Stucuk and Lord Storm)
* Removed some shader restrictions to allow the game to run on wider variety of graphics cards
* The game now displays a dialog box when enemy attacks your home base
* It is now possible to change the item mode for all selected units at once
* Enemies use different fire modes based on the distance to their targets
* The game will now use different quick save files for tactical and strategic modes
* The game no longer generates capture missions on enemy main bases
Modding related changes:
* Third armor add-on slot is now visible when using mods that enable it
Special thanks to these forum users for helping us with translating the new text strings in
hot22shot, Eriss (French)
Gzj126, solcarlo (Italian)
* Clicking on empty space when all vehicles were at the home base caused the game to lock up
* Completing a capture mission sometimes yielded a different interrogation research than
expected or none at all
* Capture missions for Reticulan factions didn't appear again if you failed to complete those
missions or if they timed out
* Matriarch Interrogation research item didn't show up in the research list until you
researched Matriarch Autopsy first
* Beastman Anatomy training for Reticulans displayed a wrong icon
* Fixed a peacetime trade contract with Reticulans where they should have offered crystals for
items, but only requested items without offering the crystals
* DVD check removed (no need to insert the DVD every time you play the game)
* After long period of playing, mission loading time was increasing; memory manager could cause
* Skybox was seen in other visual modes.
* Destroying the target in an expedition mission didn't result in a win.
* Replacing suit add-on didn't replace its bonus.
* Deleting squads caused missing characters in the Equipment screen.
* Interrupted level-up caused a loss of remaining level-up points.
* Automatic re-equip created missing ammo.
* "Unload all" affected parameters of other equipped weapons.
* "Unload all" didn't refresh list of composed items in the Storage screen.
* Beastmen weren't able to re-equip after they had been mind-controlled and disarmed.
* Signs of some different mines on the globe were the same.
* The game runs under Windows Vista.
* Appropriate handling of OpenAL libraries (sound issues).
* Repeated stun-attack on unconscious unit doesn't add more experience.
* Over-damage doesn't add more experience.
* Info about selected character in the Base screen is displayed.
* Changing a speed of the tactical game is possible with shortcuts; the same ones as in the
* Center on vehicles is obtained by clicking to open space in the Globe screen.
* Clicking a portrait of a boss in any Management screen turns off his speech until next visit
to the screen.
* Labels of corpses in the tactical game are displayed only after the mouse focusing.
Last edited by gamer_x: 01-27-2009 at 03:52 AM.
|09-22-2009, 07:26 PM||#4|
Join Date: Sep 2007
|01-31-2010, 03:53 AM||#6|
Join Date: Aug 2008
|04-29-2012, 03:03 PM||#12|
Join Date: Jan 2011