Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2

Old 04-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
Vasily Zaytsev

Singleplayer? No thanks!!

Ok, this is how i see it, singleplayer (for me) whilst entertaining & all will never satisfy my gaming needs, been online multi playing since the heady days of the voxel engine.

Many a happy hour was spent playing the original DF, stalking other snipers online, finding them, setting up the shot allowing for drop etc & making the kill..... or not he he.

I've been drawn towards online realistic shooters ever since, Rogue spear, swat series, Arma 1 & 2,JOps, this game reminds me of Hidden & Dangerous & that is a good thing, elements such as immersion & sound are massively important, the attention to detail in V2 is excellent in both areas.

If the level of detail seen in the demo is seen online then I will be happy for a long time, proud to say in 19 years online gaming I have never finished a singleplayer game, I find outwiting humans far more challenging & entertaining...he he.

I was suckered into the pos thats called Ghost Warrior with its give away radar & pistol s, don't make the same mistake.

Never went near the 1st SE game until yesterday in the steam sale, glad it was only beer money as pretty it aint, online was bland & clunky,not for me.

Here's hoping V2 will be fullfilling my urge to skillfully shoot someone's brains out online

So far so good.

Last edited by Vasily Zaytsev: 04-29-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Blackwolfpt

As long as the exagerated bullet drop won't break your immersion, you should enjoy MP. You have vs and coop.
Blackwolfpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #3
Vasily Zaytsev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfpt View Post
As long as the exagerated bullet drop won't break your immersion, you should enjoy MP. You have vs and coop.
Agreed, that i hate but apparently in can be set to off which would be more realistic over those short distances, hoping there will be bigger more open areas to come...
Vasily Zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
HomerPepsi

off topic: WOw you played all the same games I did. DF series, JO series, Rainbow Six series, arma series, H&D series (one of the best). But I guess our selection of tactical FPS were limited back then too.
HomerPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
Vasily Zaytsev

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerPepsi View Post
off topic: WOw you played all the same games I did. DF series, JO series, Rainbow Six series, arma series, H&D series (one of the best). But I guess our selection of tactical FPS were limited back then too.
Salut, clearly a gamer of taste, indeed we were limited in the old days but stangely still are it seems....
Vasily Zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
Blackwolfpt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily Zaytsev View Post
Agreed, that i hate but apparently in can be set to off which would be more realistic over those short distances, hoping there will be bigger more open areas to come...
The thing is, if you disable the bullet drop on the options it also disables the scope shake.
Blackwolfpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
gimmemaskillbac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfpt View Post
The thing is, if you disable the bullet drop on the options it also disables the scope shake.
indeed, to easier them...
gimmemaskillbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
jimrad1

I play less and less MP each year. Unless I know the people in the game its really a lesson in frustrations. Too many kids, too many idiots, and its gotten worse the last 5 years. Unless I playing in a clan or with people I know, I dont even bother with MP. Would love to see a website that caters to only serious and reputable players. Where membership is by referral only. Not a clan, but bigger, but at least some controls to keep the morons at bay. I dont mind new players, or inexperienced players, as long as they are trying. Its the intentional idiots that ruin every match. Be nice to see a site based on rep points given by fellow users. Every week or so, throw out the lowest bottom feeders.
jimrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #9
gimmemaskillbac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad1 View Post
I play less and less MP each year. Unless I know the people in the game its really a lesson in frustrations. Too many kids, too many idiots, and its gotten worse the last 5 years. Unless I playing in a clan or with people I know, I dont even bother with MP. Would love to see a website that caters to only serious and reputable players. Where membership is by referral only. Not a clan, but bigger, but at least some controls to keep the morons at bay. I dont mind new players, or inexperienced players, as long as they are trying. Its the intentional idiots that ruin every match. Be nice to see a site based on rep points given by fellow users. Every week or so, throw out the lowest bottom feeders.
seems a good reason to start our own SE Comunity...what you say?
gimmemaskillbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #10
gatwizard

If you haven't completed any singleplayer games, how can you know how challenging or entertaining they are?
gatwizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2