Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2

Old 04-30-2012, 02:24 AM   #211
z0rrer0

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja2dan View Post
I have also noticed that bullet holes on hard surfaces (walls/vehicles/etc) and spent casings also disappear after a short time. Bodies seem to disappear too after a few minutes in some cases, but not all of them. I am assuming that this is to reduce clutter and therefore lag as levels progress, but it would be nice to see an option in the settings to change "decal" duration.

As for limb dismemberment, I haven't seen it yet other than the removal of fingers. But I've never seen enemy soldiers lose limbs from explosives, nor have I been able to remove limbs from shots such as the separation of a leg after a femur shot.

In this photo, you can see the kill-cam view of fingers flying off, and in this photo you can see the aftermath of the body. I shot a soldier in the lower spine, with the round traveling through his intestines and exiting out the front where it struck his left hand holding the magazine of his MP40. It blew three of his middle fingers off, but I couldn't locate them on the ground afterwards.
Are you sick? :S
z0rrer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #212
JoeFabooche

Banned
12 hours until release and no pre load... I am dissapoint
JoeFabooche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #213
gergorian66

Quote:
Will there be a pre-load?

Yes, there will be preload. The details will be available soon..

Really??? Any other smoke you want to blow up our wazzoles? Pre-load will start exactly 2 minutes before actual playtime. Or maybe not.

I pre-ordered it but I seriously doubt any fixes for this game will ever be implemented. The bugs that are abundant will remain unfixed. Empty promises and an irrelavent PR post. I've been a huge fan of the original and it still has all the bugs it started with. Those bugs are still present in this game from what I noticed from the demo. So I wouldn't expect any patch to fix anything, just like the first one. Take the money and run.

Not a rant, just an observation. Like I said I've pre-order it but I'm not getting my hopes up for any fixes, like the first one. It is a lot of fun (Demo) but sometimes bugs work for the player and not against which in itself is annoying. Let's hope this whole post is not just fluff without any substance. That being said I'd like to thank the OP for taking the time to answer so many questions.

Last edited by gergorian66: 04-30-2012 at 12:55 PM.
gergorian66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #214
Vasily Zaytsev

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergorian66 View Post
Quote:

Really??? Any other smoke you want to blow up our wazzoles? Pre-load will start exactly 2 minutes before actual playtime. Or maybe not.

I pre-ordered it but I seriously doubt any fixes for this game will ever be implemented. The bugs that are abundant will remain unfixed. Empty promises and an irrelavent PR post. I've been a huge fan of the original and it still has all the bugs it started with. Those bugs are still present in this game from what I noticed from the demo. So I wouldn't expect any patch to fix anything, just like the first one. Take the money and run.

Hmmm,

Vasily will take the game bugs & all whenever it's out, the wazzoles u can keep.
Vasily Zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #215
SEV2Community

Hi guys

We're chasing what's happened to the pre-load and have been in contact with Steam, we'll feed back to you when we have more information. We've provided everything so no idea why it hasn't started yet. Please bear with us as we try to find out.

Cheers

PR Mike
SEV2Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #216
SEV2Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergorian66 View Post
Quote:

Not a rant, just an observation. Like I said I've pre-order it but I'm not getting my hopes up for any fixes, like the first one. It is a lot of fun (Demo) but sometimes bugs work for the player and not against which in itself is annoying. Let's hope this whole post is not just fluff without any substance. That being said I'd like to thank the OP for taking the time to answer so many questions.
Sorry you feel that way, but I can assure you that we're supporting PC beyond release day and are currently trying to sort the issues with the pre-load, which is something we're not in control of.
SEV2Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #217
JoeFabooche

Banned
I thought the game was gold for a couple days now? Why not have the pre load a few days before...
JoeFabooche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #218
Senescent

I've recorded a video for you developers. I know you guys are not trying to make a true simulation but this is ridiculous.

Also, here's a quote from the video just in case you forget to read the description.

Quote:
Some people don't seem to understand the point of this video. Its purpose is to show the complete lack of a ballistics system when aiming without scoping in. There is no weapon sway or recoil. Stamina does not matter unless you look down your scope. The few missed shots in the video are entirely due to the ridiculously large crosshair. Playing this way shouldn't be even remotely feasible. I really hope they'll release a patch for this because, besides this and the linear tutorial mission, the game is pretty great.
Senescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #219
gergorian66

"Sorry you feel that way, but I can assure you that we're supporting PC beyond release day and are currently trying to sort the issues with the pre-load, which is something we're not in control of."

Sorry it came across as a rant. I do realize the pre-load is not the dev's responsibility. I still love the original Sniper Elite with all of it's bugs and have been waiting ever since for another title along those same lines from you guys, and lo and behold it's finally here. I'm just so over-excited I'm ready to pee myself. Thank you for being here to answer all the fans. Believe me, I'm one of the biggest fans and just got a little impatient. Keep up the good work !
gergorian66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #220
azmothman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV2Community View Post
Sorry you feel that way, but I can assure you that we're supporting PC beyond release day and are currently trying to sort the issues with the pre-load, which is something we're not in control of.
Most game development companies do not keep us informed as well as this PR has been doing.

Thank you for the information and continued support, hopefully Steam will release the preload soon.
azmothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #221
Rific453

Pre-load details...

I read this in a game a couple months ago that tried to pre-load, and they ended up not getting one because "Steam did not think that the game warranted a pre-load, so they did not put one up." That is a paraphrase, but they were told something like that. Apparently Steam has recently adopted a new policy with all the indie games coming out that they only allow pre-loads if they feel the need is sufficient. You'd think this game would have enough pre-orders... But it seems that the servers get about the same load with or without a pre-load, so its entirely up to them whether they feel like allowing one or not.

I'm not really that concerned with a pre-load because I can download really fast (downloaded the demo in less than twenty minutes.) But I know others are concerned.
Rific453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #222
Steffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV2Community View Post
Yes, we support SLI – older drivers may try to disable it if they don’t recognise the exe but AMD and Nvidia have both tested the game and given us the thumbs up.
Sadly that doesn't seem to be the case, at least not with the 300 series drivers. Which are about as new as you can get 'em.
Steffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #223
azmothman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rific453 View Post
I read "Steam did not think that the game warranted a pre-load, so they did not put one up."
I would not classify Rebellion as a small indie company since they have over 800 employees and have made high profile games like Alien Vs. Predator http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebellion_Developments

Furthermore this PR indicated to us that they have previously talked with Steam and that there was going to be a pre-load.

If Steam fails to allow a pre-load then at the release time then there are going to be a lot of people downloading the 10 gb of data and that may cause a re-occurense of crashing a steam server, after all their demo crashed the servers.

I can understand Steam having a policy for small indie games that do not have a significant amount of data to be downloaded but this is not the case.
azmothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #224
Rific453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffe View Post
Sadly that doesn't seem to be the case, at least not with the 300 series drivers. Which are about as new as you can get 'em.
They may have a preview version of the game, so the NEW exe will work, or release-day drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmothman View Post
If Steam fails to allow a pre-load then at the release time then there are going to be a lot of people downloading the 10 gb of data and may cause a re-occurense of crashing a steam server, after all their demo crashed the servers.
Thing is, at this point about the same amount of people will still be downloading it at the same time, so it would have the same effect.

And its not that its a large company, but they're trying to limit pre-loads to LARGE advertised games. You know, the ones that get multimillion dollar advertisement budgets and have 1mil+ preorders.

Last edited by Rific453: 04-30-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Rific453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #225
dhw

I have not had a chance to read all of the posts, but I am wondering will there be an SDK or any mod tools, I would love to see this game support mods.
dhw is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2