Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series

Old 04-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
scubs

this game is too cheap..

can there is some type of limited edition so we can further support this game and developers by paying more?
Old 04-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
ElazulHP

Buy a 4 pack instead and gift the others out?
ElazulHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
PhellAsleep

If it will make you feel better, you can buy an extra copy and gift it to me! >.>
PhellAsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
peanutj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElazulHP View Post
Buy a 4 pack instead and gift the others out?

^^ This ^^
peanutj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
jerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubs View Post
can there is some type of limited edition so we can further support this game and developers by paying more?
Most likely yes. They probably won't finalize what the Limited Edition / Collector's Edition will consist of until near release though. Hold your money and wait a bit.
jerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:09 AM   #6
=|Lexx|=

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhellAsleep View Post
If it will make you feel better, you can buy an extra copy and gift it to me! >.>
I second that^^
=|Lexx|= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #7
fanirama

I would gladly pay $40 (double price) for this game. I put in 81hrs in Torchlight 1 before I beat Ordrak (final boss). That game was amazing.

T2 seems just as amazing and by contrast it does appear way better than Diablo 3 in terms of value for money. Offline single player, LAN, multiplayer, no item sales like RMAH, minimal DRM, minimal spec requirements, superb gameplay etc.

still, Diablo 3 will sell millions and while T2 will do well, it won't do as well as Diablo 3. Diablo is the Call of Duty of RPG - people will buy it in millions like mindless zombies no matter what they put out.
fanirama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:10 AM   #8
=|Lexx|=

This might be a bit of topic but there seem to be people who know alot about the upcoming game.

- Will there be an online-character storage or at least a security system against character modifications for online play?
I loved Titan Quest but since everyone could store their characters on their PCs and play with their SP characters on MP games, many had hacks or modified items which spoiled the game. (Though I personally loved the TQ Mod that allowed to store almost limitless stuff and stack items above 5x)

for all of You who'd like to pay more: well just buy more copies of the game and share. --> Everyone will benefit from it. The new players will fill the playersbase and will have lots of fun. You will contribute to the devs and the game will become a more success (since many ratings depend on sold copies).

Personally I like the price. There might be people who can't afford 50$ for a game or don't want to spend them. If you feel like it - ok. You better pay less and others might buy, than You pay a bigger price and others don't buy it.
=|Lexx|= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #9
VoidZero

I think this price is the sweet spot for a lot of people. Gamers new to the series are more willing to buy a game if it's cheap. If they don't like it(the game), then it's not that bad. And Torchlight fans will also feel good knowing that the game is a good value for the money.
I like this price and to be honest I prefer not to go bankrupt after buying a game.
VoidZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
NovaStalker

Feel free to gift me a copy if you buy the 4 pack.
NovaStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:49 AM   #11
Webbstre

Quote:
Originally Posted by =|Lexx|= View Post
This might be a bit of topic but there seem to be people who know alot about the upcoming game.

- Will there be an online-character storage or at least a security system against character modifications for online play?
I loved Titan Quest but since everyone could store their characters on their PCs and play with their SP characters on MP games, many had hacks or modified items which spoiled the game. (Though I personally loved the TQ Mod that allowed to store almost limitless stuff and stack items above 5x)
If you are using a mod you will be flagged for using that mod and unable to join games with people who are not using that mod. It's not a hack-proof system, but it should give some level of ease towards making sure you are playing on equal footing with people. In general it's a game to play with your friends, people you trust, or maybe your guild.
Webbstre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #12
Chilly Breeze

Why don't you just send the devs some free money? I'm sure they wouldn't refuse...
Chilly Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #13
fanirama

Well, to those who're saying "buy me a free copy". No, why? You buy it for yourself. All I'm saying is if the game were priced $40, I would still pre-order it. I never asked the devs to set the price to $20. They chose to do it. I am not going to give them additional money now. They set their price, I'm paying it. Had they set it higher, I would've still paid is all I'm saying.

With the $20 saved from my target price, I will buy something else for myself. If you want the game, buy it yourself. Why would you expect me to give you free stuff?
fanirama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #14
ElazulHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanirama View Post
Well, to those who're saying "buy me a free copy". No, why? You buy it for yourself. All I'm saying is if the game were priced $40, I would still pre-order it. I never asked the devs to set the price to $20. They chose to do it. I am not going to give them additional money now. They set their price, I'm paying it. Had they set it higher, I would've still paid is all I'm saying.

With the $20 saved from my target price, I will buy something else for myself. If you want the game, buy it yourself. Why would you expect me to give you free stuff?
Can I haz free pulz??!?!?!!!1!11oneone!!!UNO?!?

lol just playin' I already pre-ordered my own copy.
ElazulHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #15
Anorexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanirama View Post

If the game cost 40$:
You: -40$
The devs: +40$
Other guy: nothing

If you bought an extra copy for someone:
You: -40$
The devs: +40$
Other guy: a free game

If you'd really wanted to support the devs, there'd be no difference between these two options. Maybe, just maybe you shouldn't talk about how you'd be willing to give more money, but then complain about people calling you on your BS.
Anorexia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series