Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Microsoft Flight

Old 04-30-2012, 06:02 AM   #1
nastykermit

More content?

I like this game/sim a lot, but I feel that there is a lack of content. Am I the only one? Does anyone know if there are any plans that MS will add more content?

I could like to see some redbull type of air race, or at least something more than just delivering cargo. I guess I would also like something you cant skip. (skip to way-point)

Anyone?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:04 AM   #2
RoboRay

Alaska is the next scenery in the pipeline. Expect it to be available around June.

There's been no hint of when they will add more "useful" airplanes with functional cockpits.

Also, if you haven't done any yet, the Clandestine Cargo jobs do not allow you to Skip in the air, since there's a police aircraft out there hunting for you.

You can find the rare Clandestine jobs at the smaller, uncontrolled airports (the magenta ones on the map). You may have to check several before finding a job, though.

Last edited by RoboRay: 04-30-2012 at 06:07 AM.
RoboRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Freelance

MS had released some images from the Alaska pack. They sure look purty don't they? It also says it will have new aircraft so you can bet it'd be a deluxe, like what they did with Hawaii and the RV-6A.

https://news.microsoftflight.com/blo...to-alaska.aspx

I don't really do any missions anymore. I just fly around and get Aerocaches, so my P-50 is getting lots of use now. I'll probably start doing some cargo runs soon though as the remaining Aerocaches are pretty hard to get.

I would like to see it replace the Maule for the 'favourite aircraft' stat though. It's only there because of the cargo runs but it's not my favourite aircraft at all.

Last edited by Freelance: 04-30-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Freelance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
EastCoastGuy

June? I thought Alaska was supposed to be in the spring?

I hope the aircraft (perchance two?) include a higher-speed two-prop aircraft, though the jets some people want might fit the bill. (Although I'd still go ape over a DC-3!)
EastCoastGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
wlayton27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance View Post
I would like to see it [P-51 Mustang] replace the Maule for the 'favourite aircraft' stat though. It's only there because of the cargo runs but it's not my favourite aircraft at all.
The Maule is my favorite aircraft, and it's also listed as my favorite in my profile because of the jobs I use it on. Out of 125 hours, the two Maules take up over 50 hours now (about 40% or more). I'm hoping that Alaska brings with it another hauler for some passengers and cargo, and perhaps rescue missions with more than one stranded individual.

I've been keeping my flight hours split evenly between the Maule Goldilocks and the Maule Retro Blue so that whatever hauler replaces it can make it to my favorite status in about a week or so after the pack comes out.

I'm anticipating the Alaska pack quite a bit, and also a good deal apprehensive about what deluxe aircraft becomes available. I sure hope it's fun to fly and full of utility ... perhaps a Coast Guard Jayhawk.
wlayton27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
Freelance

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastGuy View Post
I don't think MS ever gave an exact date for Alaska. All I heard was 'spring' so it could be anytime. I think it will come out after the last warbird though which would put it in June, but I wish it came out earlier.
Freelance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
RoboRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastGuy View Post

I hope the aircraft (perchance two?) include a higher-speed two-prop aircraft, though the jets some people want might fit the bill. (Although I'd still go ape over a DC-3!)
I'm just speculating about Alaska in June. However, assuming MS sticks to their previous schedule of releasing DLC every 30 days, and one more Hawaii warbird DLC is coming (the F6F seems likely), that would put the warbird toward the end of May and Alaska toward the end of June.

The word "Spring" was removed from the information MS has posted about the Alaska DLC some time ago.

And I seriously want a cargo-capable plane with tricycle landing gear... I just suck at landing tail-draggers. I think something like a Beech Baron or Duke would be a great fit. We're going to need the higher speed of a twin for the longer flights around Alaska, anyway.

Last edited by RoboRay: 04-30-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #8
Panaka

The game does desperately need a twin cargo aircraft that is faster then the Maule. I'd suggest an Rockwell Aero AC500 Shrike or the original Aero AC500 series. The AC560 for example.

A light jet for quick passenger work between islands also wouldn't be a bad idea. Actually, there's a light fast turbo prop from Italie that could do the job. The Avanti, I think.

Instead of a DC-3, maybe a Curtis C-46 Commando?
Panaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
EastCoastGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboRay View Post
And I seriously want a cargo-capable plane with tricycle landing gear... I just suck at landing tail-draggers.
You and me both!
EastCoastGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #10
DDawg_1956

Ah ... I don't know ... I kinda find Goldilocks easy to land (even up here - landing from the cockpit view) ... but then ... I am a "Landing Master" ... LOL

Landing at 13,000 plus feet in a cross wind on a postage stamp
DDawg_1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
The Pandanator2

I am great at landing taildraggers. By the way DDawg, I've done the same thing. It took me a while to figure out the key to a perfect soft landing in a taildragger though. In the Maule, keep throttle at 10-15%, full flaps applied, and try to land as slow as you can without stalling. Try to keep all wheels somewhat even, but get the back wheel on the ground first.
The Pandanator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #12
Mickel617

Just don't tell an instructor that you want to get the back wheel down first if you're trying to get a tail dragger rating. I've seen th result of someone landing tailwheel first while learned to land them. Lets just say taxiing after landing would have been hard...
Mickel617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #13
RoboRay

You never want to land a tail-dragger on the tail-wheel first. Microsoft may forgive you, but the real-world won't.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #14
The Pandanator2

Quote:
You never want to land a tail-dragger on the tail-wheel first. Microsoft may forgive you, but the real-world won't.
I'm scared now. I had my whole piloting career going on that D:
The Pandanator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
DDawg_1956

Quote:
True ... you don't do it with Radio Control tail-dragger's either ... come to think of it ... all my r/c prop jobs are tail-draggers ...

My Citabria Pro

one of my other tail-draggers

Last edited by DDawg_1956: 06-16-2012 at 07:41 PM.
DDawg_1956 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Microsoft Flight