Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > All Zombies Must Die

Old 04-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
Scorcher24

[Scorepocalypse] What is the fastest way to get a high multiplier and score?

I have the problem that I am sometimes already at wave 50, but score is still around 100.000 only. Silver Medal is 400.000 Score.

From what I understand, Zombies with status effects ( sonic, fire, mutated etc. ) give the multiplier as long as they live and it drops when zombies with a special status die.

But in the same time, those special zombies are very fast and become a threat pretty quick.

So what is the best strategy to acummulate a high score and multiplier early on and are there any other factors that help?
Old 04-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
darksaga666

important > sucessfull challanges (kill zombie x ,find item x ect.) rise the overall multi .
darksaga666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
Scorcher24

Yeah, I do the challenges whenever I can.
Scorcher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:38 AM   #4
Stanith

There are a few good ways to improve your multiplier, and therefore your scores, here are some tips:

1) Collect Z'Orbs, don't get hit by zombies. Z'Orbs contribute to your temporary multiplier (albeit a small amount), however they are knocked back down by a certain percentage every time you get hit. This requires quite some skill, but if you master being hit as little as possible your scores will improve.

2) Make use of the status effects. I don't just mean keeping zombies on fire or sonified, there are other side effects too. Try spawning a few mutants with radiation and see what happens to your multiplier..

3) This is an obvious one but challenges, challenges, challenges... the more you complete earlier on in the level, the higher your multiplier stays permanently. The quicker you complete them the faster a new challenge will appear too!

4) Get rid of those pesky necromancer zombies when they appear... ghosts give no score when killed!

Hope this helps, happy zombie slaying!

Kind regards,
Stanith
Stanith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Scorcher24

Thanks for the insight Stanith.
Mind if I post this on stack gaming?
Or, if you have a stack exchange account, can you paste it?
http://gaming.stackexchange.com/ques...lier-and-score
Old 04-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
Stanith

I don't have an account there myself, so feel free to post it

Regards,
Stanith
Old 04-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
DrDesertEagle

Stanith, i was just wondering what your position is up over there, and to let you know that from the players point of view you are very active and give great advice/feedback on issues and fixes. I haven't run into many people on the dev side of things that are as warm as you : )

Cheers, And nice job with the games !!
DrDesertEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #8
Stanith

I'm the lead programmer on Scorepocalypse Thanks for the compliment; I hope you enjoy playing the games as much as I did working on them!

Kind regards,
Stanith
Old 04-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
DrDesertEagle

i certainly have, in fact this is my first time playing any of the three! I love competitive games and although this is a 'single player' the score incentive is what certainly drove me to try this game out. I find myself comin back to look for the weapon to the right of the shotgun so i'm left baffled and anticipating when it will pop up. I haven't tried multi yet myself, but it seems like it would be a blast. I'd rant about you needing online coop but i know netcode for things like this costs a lot more ! I have really got more bang for my buck than i anticipated so thanks : )
DrDesertEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:22 AM   #10
JaminD6

Building on what Stanith has already said in this thread, we also have a few tips and tricks up on the All Zombies Must Die! website. Hopefully that helps out somewhat.

G'luck!
JaminD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #11
Scorcher24

Hey, you guys from DoubleSix might wanna ask Valve for DevStatus so we can recognize you more easy . (You get a green Name and Avatar, could use the pics from your devcards )

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > All Zombies Must Die