Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > Serious Sam 3: BFE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #31
glflagg
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 2
Worked fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenderhedd View Post
Does not work for me.
I found that you have to type in the command "exactly" as written. including caps and everything. Mine did not work at first, but when I reentered it exactly as written it installed the patch fine and now everything is working great.

Withdraw Symptom have go away... thanks...

G.

PS Dont forget to make sure your in the steam directory when you execute the command!! I know, but some people have no clue as to what DOS was and its syntax.. Feeling real old now, I think I'll take some garital (Spelling) and go to bed now.... (Grin)
glflagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #32
Solais
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 97
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousDan View Post
Though there is one little remark I cannot spare you: there are 2 major ways to change weapons
in this game that really seldom asks for a weapon change, that is not based at all on the relation
between enemies and corresponding weapons and you try to tell me that "mousewheel operations
were not on your list of functionality tests so it sneaked through" ... you can't be Serious or did I
miss the "i" in the middle of your name, dear Al(i)en
He means that they didn't thought that it would screw up something as simple as the mouse wheel, so they didn't test for that.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #33
alenl
 
alenl's Avatar
 
Croteam
Join Date: Nov 2009
Reputation: 336
Posts: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
He means that they didn't thought that it would screw up something as simple as the mouse wheel, so they didn't test for that.
Exactly. We have a list of things to test for each update and testers go through it to make sure all is still ok. It includes switching weapons, but it doesn't specify one has to use mouse wheel to do it. Obviously, all our testers use just numbers to switch.
alenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:43 AM   #34
Ikari2k
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by alenl View Post
Sorry about this, but we have a fix ready and uploaded, just can't push it public yet until it is tested in more detail on Mac,because we don't want to break Mac version even further than it is. (windows and mac builds have to be in sync for networking to work.) Having that in mind, and the fact that releasing updates on Fridays is never a good idea, earliest day would be Monday.

However... Whoever wants this fix now, you can get the beta version this way:
- quit Steam
- start Steam with the following command line option:

steam.exe -beta SS3Beta

It will dl the awaited update. Note that this makes it incompatible with servers that are not updated, but I hope it is at least a temporary relief till Monday.

Apologies for this taking so long, but those weird Mac issues caught us off guard and we are now spending significant time trying to debug that., so the mousewheel bug got dragged out now. Mousewheel operations were nit on our list of functionality tests so it sneaked through.
Works great on SP, but no servers updated to play, like you said.
When you guys will release the final?

Why there are so few servers ans players in this awesome chaos game?
Ikari2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:48 AM   #35
alenl
 
alenl's Avatar
 
Croteam
Join Date: Nov 2009
Reputation: 336
Posts: 1,072
Final could be up on Monday.
alenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:53 AM   #36
Ikari2k
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 14
You need to promote more this game...there are few servers and players...very few

I've made a lot of promotion in my store, that's one of the badass games in the world of gaming...

Duke?...please...duke has the babes, but Sam it's the real stuff.
Ikari2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:39 AM   #37
jacmiszcz92
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 25
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by alenl View Post
steam.exe -beta SS3Beta
Thanks, it's working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousDan View Post
... and maybe you should have mentioned to switch off the steam update utility for SS3: BFE - if not,
steam reloads the "slightly disturbed actual version" after the next client start without command line ...
Why don't you add -beta SS3Beta to the Steam shortcut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenl View Post
Obviously, all our testers use just numbers to switch.
If you had me as beta tester you would know about mouse wheel bug. Seriously, I'm using beta os, beta drivers and beta software so I'm not afraid of beta games...

Last edited by jacmiszcz92: 04-27-2012 at 04:41 AM.
jacmiszcz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #38
SeriousDan
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 1
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacmiszcz92 View Post
Why don't you add -beta SS3Beta to the Steam shortcut?
... cause it was very early morning for me and my brain activity was moving towards zero - thx for the hint


Quote:
Originally Posted by alenl View Post
We have a list of things to test for each update and testers go through it to make sure all is still ok. It includes switching weapons, but it doesn't specify one has to use mouse wheel to do it. Obviously, all our testers use just numbers to switch.
Time to engage at least 1 exotic mouswheel junky as tester


And I hope you didn't feel offended by my little remark - if so I apologize as it was not my intention -
it was more my way to show you that I still haven't lost my humor inspite of all withdrawal symptoms


Thanks again for saving my weekend and that one of many others

Last edited by SeriousDan: 04-27-2012 at 06:14 AM.
SeriousDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #39
gfxmichaeldial
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by alenl View Post
Sorry about this, but we have a fix ready and uploaded, just can't push it public yet until it is tested in more detail on Mac,because we don't want to break Mac version even further than it is. (windows and mac builds have to be in sync for networking to work.) Having that in mind, and the fact that releasing updates on Fridays is never a good idea, earliest day would be Monday.

However... Whoever wants this fix now, you can get the beta version this way:
- quit Steam
- start Steam with the following command line option:

steam.exe -beta SS3Beta

It will dl the awaited update. Note that this makes it incompatible with servers that are not updated, but I hope it is at least a temporary relief till Monday.

Apologies for this taking so long, but those weird Mac issues caught us off guard and we are now spending significant time trying to debug that., so the mousewheel bug got dragged out now. Mousewheel operations were nit on our list of functionality tests so it sneaked through.

Works Perfect Man.
Thanks ALot. I typed it exactly as it is. Caps included
gfxmichaeldial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #40
DmanFTW
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 3
Posts: 35
I switch weapons using the number keys.
DmanFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #41
Shad0WeN
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Reputation: 109
Posts: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacmiszcz92 View Post
Why don't you add -beta SS3Beta to the Steam shortcut
Just don't forget to remove it later or you may find yourself inadvertently downloading future betas
Shad0WeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #42
gfxmichaeldial
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0WeN View Post
Just don't forget to remove it later or you may find yourself inadvertently downloading future betas
OH YEAH lol
Thanks Man
I was wondering about that lol
gfxmichaeldial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #43
jacmiszcz92
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 25
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0WeN View Post
Just don't forget to remove it later or you may find yourself inadvertently downloading future betas
I think I will leave it. If Croteam don't upload next beta update, Steam won't download it for me. And like I said above I like betas
BTW: If you don't verify your game cache first, Steam won't download upgrade/downgrade (for my case).
jacmiszcz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #44
gfxmichaeldial
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 6
Posts: 80
Update Release for Mouse Fix

Serious Sam 3 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
(Build 154242)
- Fixed mousewheel problems on Windows.
- Fixed Load games menu widgets on tripple-monitor setups.
gfxmichaeldial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #45
m_nadal
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Reputation: 5
Posts: 119
Thumbs up Thanks for fixing mousewheel!

Great you are still working on support for this title, Croteam!
I'm up to the giant scorpion boss (Last Man On Earth) using the number keys, and I'm glad to have the mousewheel back.
m_nadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > Serious Sam 3: BFE


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.