Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Source DS (Windows)

Old 04-30-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
Xyled777

Smile Just updated and not getting listed on server list

I had an old install of SRCDS which ran my CSS server for quite a while. I decided to get it up and running again after a year or so.

When I launched my old install, the server got listed right away on the lan tab. When I tried to join I got the "Server is outdated" message. So I decided to update.

I used the hlupdatetool and after multiple updates to different directories I finally saw what it was doing so I just did a new install.

Once it was complete, I launched the server with just "srcds.exe -game cstrike". Game runs fine but doesn't get listed on lan tab. I can join the game by launching css client and typing "connect 192.168.1.64" in the client console. After spending hours of trying to find a solution to this, I found the status command for the server console and after typing it I get...
version : 1.0.0.70/21 4833 insecure (unknown)
udp/ip : 192.168.1.64:27015

I tried looking up the insecure (unknown) for quite awhile but couldn't find anything. Of course my ports we're forward and all is good there, I'm just not getting listed on the lan tab and I think the insecure (unknown) has something to do with it.

I have the VAC Secure box checked in the server gui launch screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:22 AM   #2
Filip

did you port forward thease ports ? 27000-27050 udp and tcp ? cuz thease ports are kind needed for every srcds server ^^
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
Xyled777

Thanks for the reply,

Those ports were forwarded from the get go. The old version worked, fired right up and got listed on the server listing right away. Just couldn't join the game due to the server being outdated.

Once I updated the server, the game works, just doesn't get listed on the server list. I can join the game by using "connect IP ADDY" in the client console though.

Also adding the IP address to Favorites doesnt work either. I tried the home network IP and the public IP.
Xyled777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
Xyled777

Are you serious?

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We do not offer support for server issues. You may, however, be able to find helpful information in the Dedicated Server forums:

Steam updates the files, changes things, then when they break they won't help you fix them?

bummer...
Old 05-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #5
Xyled777

Just can't figure out why it would say
Version :1.0.0.70/21 4833 insecure (unknown)
in the console after typing status.

This is from a fresh install, no mods. Just downloaded, updated and launched server.
27000-27050 UDP and TCP ports are forwarded.
Can ping pc from other computers
Can join game by joining through CSS Client Console

No one else has run into this?

Last edited by Xyled777: 05-02-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #6
Xyled777

Ok, set port forwarding to differnt computer, copied the srcds folder to the new computer that had my steam client on it. Launched the server and the lan was visible from the old computer. Re-forwarded the ports on the old computer, setup my steam client on that computer and launched the server. It worked. I can't pinpoint if it was a port forwarding issue or if I needed to have my steam client on the server machine.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Source DS (Windows)