Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series

Old 05-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #1
Ret324

ME 1 problem

I have a weapon switch issue with my companions (ME 1).

Everything was going well and then after the Geth Outpost missions, they only used sniper rifles. Reloaded a save, which meant I had to replay Feros and the Geth Outpost again. Everything went well, but suddenly after the Fai Dan cut scene, Garrus switched to a pistol (this time, the other companion did not change weapons). And like before, wouldn't switch back.

It is very annoying, because I lack fire support and it slows me down. Also, I don't want to spend time doing a gun check every time and spending time replaying the same parts.

Anyone know what to do about it?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:19 AM   #2
Sorce

Gun checks, and try not to die so that you have to re-do sections often. It sounds like I'm being a , but that's pretty much what you have to do.

ME1 (the whole series, actually) is glitchy, so you kind of just have to deal with it.
Sorce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
Ret324

Luckily, I rarely die. It isn't a hard game on normal. If I do, I always have a quicksave ready from a couple of minutes back.

In the case with the sniper rifles, I used a save not because I died, but because in the next mission, in close quarters, they still sniped. Going to different places, starting different missions, etc., didn't work.

It's really random. Like the pistol switch after the cutscene. Absolutely nothing happened to trigger it (unlike in Geth Outpost where I figured too much sniping glitched my companions).

But thanks for answering I came to the same conclusion as you: deal with it. I just have to use other companions and start distributing points in the skills which I used my glitched companions for.
Ret324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
eydeeb

This is nothing. You'll reach a point when your guns will overheat and won't cool down. Be prepared.
eydeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Aemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by eydeeb View Post
This is nothing. You'll reach a point when your guns will overheat and won't cool down. Be prepared.
Ah yes, that is probably the most annoying bug of them all. Was forced to use a damn sniper I had never used before in the final boss fight simply because all of my other weapons didn't cool down. Seems there's no official fix either, just that the bug seems to occur based on the weapon achievements and removing a profile file "fixes" it, at the cost of all of your achievements.
Aemony is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series