Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #196
cirnocirno

God I love threads like these. It always ends up out of topic !
But really, random crits are funny I mean sometimes I get lucky and get a crit and it saves my . So why would I complain if someone else gets the same luck?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:16 AM   #197
xman0444

Random crits are fine. Sure, it's annoying to get hit by a crit and die, but it's good motivation for me get back in and raise hell. And I love the satisfaction that comes with getting a crit.

Just go and play on nocrit servers. And if they're empty, as they have been for multiple years, you know why. BECAUSE YOU'RE A MINORITY.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 AM   #198
Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch18 View Post
Okay so you play their game, but complain about how bad it is and the people who made it don't know how to make it?
No game is perfect, liking the majority of the game doesn't mean you can't complain about the bad parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch18 View Post
"I would argue it's more balanced without random crits" Yes that is opinion.

It is a core aspect. It was built into the games design upon first release and has remained a core part it's entire life. You saying it is not a core part does not make it true.

Valve makes this game. They are the creators. It is not a weapon they added randomly later. Random crits are just as much a part of the game as the Demoman, Spy or Medic.
Define "core aspect". You can take them out and literally nothing that can be judged objectively will be affected. There's no imbalance created by it, things don't suddenly become unplayable or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xman0444 View Post
Random crits are fine. Sure, it's annoying to get hit by a crit and die, but it's good motivation for me get back in and raise hell. And I love the satisfaction that comes with getting a crit.

Just go and play on nocrit servers. And if they're empty, as they have been for multiple years, you know why. BECAUSE YOU'RE A MINORITY.
Correlation does not mean causation. There's a ton of possible reasons why nocrit servers aren't common, 99% of which have nothing to do with whether people who like nocrits are in the minority or not.

Last edited by Buff: 05-01-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:50 AM   #199
Cructhree

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by xman0444 View Post
what.

there are a bunch of very popular nocrit servers. the ones that die usually have something else stupid that drives away everyone
Old 05-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #200
Not_Matlock

Crits build character.

You either learn to deal with them and play the game like a man, or you rage and take everything way to seriously and end up looking like a moron.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:52 AM   #201
The Banana King

If you want to play on a nocrit server, go do so and stop whining.

If you can't because nobody else wants to play on a nocrit server, then patently, everybody else wants crits turned on, so stop trying to ruin the game for them.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:58 AM   #202
CrashSite

I actually think that it lowers the overall skill level of the community, which is a pity.

Because of random crits, plus a number of unlocks, there is little need to improve gameplay. If you can do ok, simply because of random crits, there is no pressure to improve. This means that the stagnates in terms of skills and means that whenever I go on a public server the skill level is low or even worse, just a spam fest.

On top of that there is a complete lack of teamwork and communication, but that is another story.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:03 AM   #203
Mogh

Agreed. Also, no crit servers are harder to find than one would think. It's because quickplay traffic doesn't go to them unfortunately, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:34 AM   #204
Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogh View Post
Agreed. Also, no crit servers are harder to find than one would think. It's because quickplay traffic doesn't go to them unfortunately, if I'm not mistaken.
They don't, which is hilarious as servers that use fastspawn/instaspawn/premium/bots ARE eligible for quickplay.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:37 AM   #205
DrScienceMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
They don't, which is hilarious as servers that use fastspawn/instaspawn/premium/bots ARE eligible for quickplay.
Bots are understandable, but the other three are rageworthy. I can't believe that no crits is TERRIBLE, but instant spawning is cool, man. It's worse than just these, though: I've had quickplay toss me onto a weapon randomnizer server a couple of times, and onto this very complex and very game changing WoW mod several times before.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:40 AM   #206
Jakefroster1

I don't like crits, but I don't rage and say that they should be removed.

Go whine about things that are OP, like the Dr. Enforcicle.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #207
DrScienceMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakefroster1 View Post
I don't like crits, but I don't rage and say that they should be removed.

Go whine about things that are OP, like the Dr. Enforcicle.
Enforcer crits are OP.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:05 AM   #208
Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScienceMan View Post
Bots are understandable, but the other three are rageworthy. I can't believe that no crits is TERRIBLE, but instant spawning is cool, man. It's worse than just these, though: I've had quickplay toss me onto a weapon randomnizer server a couple of times, and onto this very complex and very game changing WoW mod several times before.
My point exactly. Using quickplay as a reason for why certain things aren't as Valve intended or whatever nonsense people come up with is a joke for that precise reason.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #209
MuntarDrake

Just adding a little humour here

5lulz
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #210
Hammbone87

CONGRATULATIONS OP!

you have created the 80,000,000th "WAH! i just died to a random crit remove now or i quit!" thread! you win:

A recommendation to think before posting!
A suggestion to post in one of the other 79,999,999 other threads about this same topic!
and last but not least!

the information that, NO VALVE ARE NOT REMOVING RANDOM CRITS STOP ASKING FOR IT ALL YOU ARE DOING IS SPAMMING THE FORUMS AND STARTING FLAMEWARS.

now after collecting your prizes feel free to GTFO!

=D have a nice day!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2