Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Pole Position 2012

Old 05-01-2012, 05:34 AM   #1
faction123

Review of this game

There isn't much info about this game, so let me tell you about it before you purchase:

1) 90% of your time ingame will be spent replacing parts after races. There's no way to automate this and you have to meticulously drag every part to its slot. This takes more time than the actual races and is truly monotonous garbage and i'm not exagerrating at all when I tell you this is most of the game.

2) The race engine is atrocious, no strategy involved at all. Your job is basically to pit and refuel/change tires. Maximum curve speed on everything will net you the best times on absolutely every track.

3) No stat tracking or anything, you can't even see the ladders or race winners from previous seasons, only the top 3 in drivers/constructors are saved and you can't even see their point totals.

4) No life in the game, you will get the same 4 mail templates sent to you the entire game and you can safely ignore them all as they do nothing but inform you about things that the player would never care about. You can't ever raise the star rating of your team, even. Everything is stagnant and boring.

Basically don't buy. F1 Manager from 2000 is a better game unironically. That this game puts 2012 in the title is laughable, it might've been passable in 1995.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
Ruiner82

Quote:
Originally Posted by faction123 View Post
There isn't much info about this game, so let me tell you about it before you purchase:

1) 90% of your time ingame will be spent replacing parts after races. There's no way to automate this and you have to meticulously drag every part to its slot.
Wrong, right click.
Ruiner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #3
sp23hagbard5

i think grand prix world is better than the one from EA
also it's rather beginner friendly
sp23hagbard5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:52 AM   #4
systemshock2007

Cheers for the review. Was giving serious consideration to buying this as I am a huge F1 fan and have not played an F1 management sim since F1 Manager back in the day.

Most definitely won't be handing over my money now
systemshock2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #5
awmperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by faction123 View Post
Your job is basically to pit and refuel/change tires.
This concerns me. Are you saying the game actually simulates refuelling during pit stops? That in itself makes its 2012 moniker nonsensical, given that F1 doesn't allow in-race refuelling any more...
awmperry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Pole Position 2012