Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series

Old 05-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #16
Griefindor

They will say anything now, the truth is after 2 great games it was so easy to end it with style and they managed to brake it beyond repair.

Whatever, Bioware is dead for me.
Griefindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #17
Nixx4u

Banned
I really dont feel like playing it again
Nixx4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #18
Michael_IEU

I already uninstalled the ME games and took ME1 and 2 out of my 360 game rack (at their prized position at slots 1 and 2) and tossed em in a junk drawer in the entertainment center. no urge to waste time on another playthrough knowing the trilogy will never be complete.
Michael_IEU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #19
BLITZDace

This video has been out for awhile and for me nails what is wrong with ME3's ending in excellent fashion. It's worth watching, word for word, all the way through.

And he's released a more up to date follow-up on the DLC announcements.

Last edited by BLITZDace: 05-02-2012 at 07:23 AM.
BLITZDace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #20
UniversalCypher

its sad when the only criticism you have to offer an overly criticized game is "fix it"..

-UC
UniversalCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #21
Michael_IEU

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLITZDace View Post
This video has been out for awhile and for me nails what is wrong with ME3's ending in excellent fashion. It's worth watching, word for word, all the way through.

And he's released a more up to date follow-up on the DLC announcements.
Loved his follow up.. couldn't stop laughing at the car crash while talking about how badly biowEAr has f'ed up this trilogy.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #22
SmellyLethality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitterskull View Post
Derp...
A) I've bought this game a few days ago and finaly get to the end.
B) I found the ending very dissapointing and pretty confusing, so this broke entire game, that's why I want it to be fixed.
C) I've just share my through, today I've found that I'm not the only who hate the ending and think it ruin the game. I don't even know what is "ME3-related clownery".
D) Don't be so mean about someone's opinion.

Do like a lot of people do. Stop playing after you activate the Crucible. Before Hackett tells you something's wrong. If you disregard the last seven-ten minutes of crap, and fill in the blanks with what you want to happen/expect to happen, you won't be disappointed... as much. There's plenty of closure throughout the rest of the game, so it's not like that is something to worry about.
SmellyLethality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #23
Peckpogydah

Apearntly i'm completly missing something, because I didn't think the ending was that bad.

It may have to do with that I just beat the game and i've been hearing for months about how bad the ending is, some people even filed a suit with the BBB. So, I was expecting somthing like the toothfairy got tired of people not brushing thier teeth, so he (or she) wipes out all intelligent life every now and then.

Here is what I thought happened:
Some crazy hippie super AI hates seeing the endless cycle of AI and OI wars. So, it "saves" all intelligent life by preserving it. Well, until the next cycle when he gives you the noble task of indoctrinating people, which should lead to more lives "saved" in the current cycle.

Finally in an attempt to end the cycles all togeather he creates a machine that somehow converts "The One" into somthing that brings peace. So in his efforts to change the universe into his imiage he creates "The One", he kills Shepard so Cerberus (he) can revive him with AI parts giving him the body he needs to become "The One". Then using the indoctrinated people he puts Shepard into situations to test his moral resolve. Then Shepards ascends into the sky (to a ship), is judged worthy, he makes a sacrafice, then everybody lives happily ever after.

or maybe i'm just an idiot... Either way, it's not terrible. Don't get me wrong it isn't good but terrible is somthing like Sharktopus or You Got Served 4.

Edit: I'm assuming he did Geometry or somthing to figure out "The One" could bring peace.

Last edited by Peckpogydah: 05-11-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Peckpogydah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #24
Michael_IEU

And how would you say any choices made in any of the previous games affected that ending? considering you could have played both previous games multiple times or just played 3 alone and still ended up with the exact same 3 choices/endings? (Or if the player happens to be colorblind they're still scratching their head wondering what the differences even are)

That's what makes it a horrible ending for me. the fact that this entire series just turned out to be a long running pricey bait and switch.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #25
Aemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peckpogydah View Post
Here is what I thought happened:
Some crazy hippie super AI hates seeing the endless cycle of AI and OI wars. So, it "saves" all intelligent life by preserving it. Well, until the next cycle when he gives you the noble task of indoctrinating people, which should lead to more lives "saved" in the current cycle.

Finally in an attempt to end the cycles all togeather he creates a machine that somehow converts "The One" into somthing that brings peace. So in his efforts to change the universe into his imiage he creates "The One", he kills Shepard so Cerberus (he) can revive him with AI parts giving him the body he needs to become "The One". Then using the indoctrinated people he puts Shepard into situations to test his moral resolve. Then Shepards ascends into the sky (to a ship), is judged worthy, he makes a sacrafice, then everybody lives happily ever after.
Now read that yourself and try not to make a face...

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion and your thoughts of what happened, but so am equally I when I can't take your thoughts seriously. I don't know, maybe I'm just a bigger Mass Effect fan than you with a bigger understanding of the lore?
Aemony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #26
goishen

Here's what I think. I think that y'all saying that the ending sucks are confusing a few things. 1. Shepard dieing. 2. What happens to everybody else. 3. The lack of endings (IE, pick a color, any color... It won't matter anyway.)

Shepard dieing was inevitable. This isn't Blasto, The Hanar Spectre. Where everybody lives on for another day, lives to fight again, and is willing to put in a hard day's work even after saving the galaxy. I'm really sad to say this, but go read a book. FFS, go read Harry Potter. Tons of people die in that.

What happens to everybody else is irrelevant. It's Shepard's story. They left that out to get you talking about, "What do you think X/Y/Z will do after?" It's nice that they're putting it in, but game breaking? Not even close. I'd still love to find out what happens to Liara after I die.

Which leaves me with, "Pick a color, pick any color..." Here, I kind'a have to agree with you. Having a cutscene at the very end, BTW, I got Joker, Anderson, Miranda, and Liara (in that order, I think), and having that as the "life flashing before your eyes and remembering all the people in your past that meant a great deal to you" moment does kind'a blow. It's quick, and if you're not careful, you'll miss out on the meaning of it. This is where I think that BW needs to spend some more time, in the cutscene between the Citadel blowing up the mass relays and him/her making his/her final decision.

Also, war and morals don't really have a whole lot in common. Heh. Especially now. I really don't mind having three choices. I was fine with DE:HR's ending. But the way that this ended just seemed wrong to me. They're trying to force us into a moral decision where we die with all the outcomes. Well, that's great. If I'm gonna die, WTF cares what decision I make? And if one of my options is stopping the Reapers? I bet'cha that's what most people are gonna do. Ya know, just in case the Reaper's get all uppity again and start another war and Shepard's not around to save them.

To further my theory, remember the StarChild's exact words? "Or, do you *THINK* you can control us?" Hmmm, great. So, who's gonna go for that option? A wish riding on the wing of a prayer.

I dunno, I may be just rambling here... But it felt good to get it off'a my chest.
goishen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #27
SmellyLethality

Quote:
Originally Posted by goishen View Post
Here's what I think. I think that y'all saying that the ending sucks are confusing a few things. 1. Shepard dieing. 2. What happens to everybody else. 3. The lack of endings (IE, pick a color, any color... It won't matter anyway.)

Shepard dieing was inevitable. This isn't Blasto, The Hanar Spectre. Where everybody lives on for another day, lives to fight again, and is willing to put in a hard day's work even after saving the galaxy. I'm really sad to say this, but go read a book. FFS, go read Harry Potter. Tons of people die in that.

What happens to everybody else is irrelevant. It's Shepard's story. They left that out to get you talking about, "What do you think X/Y/Z will do after?" It's nice that they're putting it in, but game breaking? Not even close. I'd still love to find out what happens to Liara after I die.

I stopped reading here.

How is everyone else irrelevant? It wasn't Shepard's story. It was the galaxy's story of survival, and Shepard is the one leading the fight. I played Mass Effect my way because I wanted to know how everything I did, from planting the seed for Quarion/Geth peace, to convincing Mordin the genophage was wrong. I want to see if that peace lasted. I want to see if the Krogan successfully became a part of galactic affairs or if my actions caused another uprising.

The biggest thing that left you hanging in terms of your decisions is the fact that every race is now in the Sol System, and they have to rely on FTL to travel between star systems, which, there are no others in the Milky Way ME universe, so they have to travel to another star cluster which will take years upon years to do. Do the Turians have enough food for the Krogan and themselves (Krogan don't have ships, they were demilitarized)? Do they have the sedatives to keep Krogan placated onboard the ships?

You needed the mass Relays to travel between star clusters or it would take years. The way things ended, chances are, the races like Turians and Quarians (well, maybe not Quarians, they've been living in the fleet for 300 years) are dead because they're nowhere near their home systems. Asari could possibly live on Earth, and there would likely be room after all the deaths due to the Reapers.

As it stands, it's entirely up in the air if the other races are even living anymore. Krogans, probably, since there were still a lot on Tuchanka. Turians lost 80% of their population IIRC, the survivors on the Citadel are dead. Batarians are all but gone. There's not enough info to say how the galaxy turned out after the relays were destroyed. There was definitely no more contact between races and planets. The pockets left on the planets are alone. There are no more "alliances". No more aid from others.

I personally think that with the ending we got, almost all the fleet that was sent to Earth died due being unable to return to the terminus systems or Citadel space.
SmellyLethality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #28
goishen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellyLethality View Post
I stopped reading here.

How is everyone else irrelevant? [snip]
K, because you already saw the geth and the quarians come to peace. You already saw the turians/salarians come to peace with the krogan.

I mean, what more do you want?

This is prolly what happens after Earth falls. The Quarians decide and the Geth decide to head back to Rannoch. Using the existing food supply/power supply.

Using the cryo freeze technology that they discovered with the Prothean, they send the krogan back home. They can use the nutrients in their hump.

The asari, half of them decide to stay on Earth, leaving half the ships for food cultivation for the turians, who also decide to head back home.

The salarians, I dunno. Possibly Earth builds food cultivation for them?

I mean, yah, what he/she does matters. In the words of Samara, "Only your actions will be remembered." But you've already seen all that you can see.
goishen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #29
Michael_IEU

Did you notice the ruins that the Earth had become? how exactly are they supposed to support not only all humans but all alien cultures considering they can't snap their fingers and instantly have processing plants for alien foods if it's even possible to create viable foods on Earth to begin with?
Old 05-12-2012, 02:42 AM   #30
Peckpogydah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aemony View Post
Now read that yourself and try not to make a face...

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion and your thoughts of what happened, but so am equally I when I can't take your thoughts seriously. I don't know, maybe I'm just a bigger Mass Effect fan than you with a bigger understanding of the lore?
Granted I am taking the whole "The One" thing to the next level when it comes to assumptions, I just can't see any other reason the AI of the Citadel would of ordered the Reapers to kill Shepard, only to "order" TIM to resurrect him part AI. (If I remember correctly, the AI directly controls the Reapers but could only suggest things to TIM since the Indoctrination was slowly taking control of him.)

Another reason I think this way is due to the fact that your Galactic battle strength has to be over 5000 before you choose the ending where Shepard's soul is spread threw the galaxy. The only way you can do that is by uniting enough people. Since the AI knows you are a peacemaker, who ends generation long conflicts between many races, he judges your soul good enough to go threw his machine and change the Universe. (I think of Shepard like he is "The Sisko", Neo, or Anakin)

I would like to say I have no clue what happens when you choose the other two endings. I choose to meld my soul with the Universe because MY Shepard was a self sacrificing peacemaker. Now, if MY Shepard would of been a power hungry renegade I would of chosen the ultimate power or if I was a righteous do gooder I would of chosen to ignore my enemy and complete my mission. I am assuming if I would of played my character in those fashions threw the entire series, the final ending would reflect it.

Edit: Also, I think there is a "Shepard" for every cycle, this one happens to be the one who made it the furthest.
Peckpogydah is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series